Posted on Friday, February 15th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 6a750487

Company: McDonalds - change in policy now means that coffee refills are only for eat-in customers

# 10 for February 15, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on February 14, 2002:

From: Scott, Henry [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21304#]

I have been a loyal customer of McDonalds for years, specifically, McDonalds coffee. One of the services I have always appreciated was that a refill could be purchased for a reduced price. Today, 2/14/02, I was told by the cashier/employee that the manager has started a new policy on refills: coffee refills are only for "eat-in" customers. The McDonalds in question is located on the first floor of my office building, and I drink the coffee at my desk in my office. Does the manager of this McDonalds restaurant have the authority to implement this unreasonable "rule?" I would like to continue drinking McDonalds coffee, despite the frequently slow and rude service at this particular franchise.

However, if this change is legitimate and "for good," I will start getting my coffee at the small stop-in store right next to McDonalds. Thank you.