1800flowers.com - 1800flowers.com - late delivery, poor service

Posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 67fcb4d8

Company: 1800flowers.com

Category: Online Shopping

I have had nothing but trouble with this company. Never have I hated an organization as I do these people! I placed an order on 1/24/2002. The items purchased were to be a gift to my wife for Valentine's Day. I used my Check Card as payment, which they sent thru right away instead of waiting till the items shipped.

That was my first issue with these guys because my wife saw the charges three days later online when she was paying bills. I had no idea when making the order that they would do that because all other sites wait till the items are shipped, like proflowers.com who I have always used in the past. The items I purchased, a bunch of flowers and a collectible item, were both found in their Valentine's Day section of the website. During checkout I specified Thursday, the 14th, as the delivery date and it said that Thursday Delivery was GUARANTEED!! My receipt said the same. So, you can understand my surprise when my wife received half of her order today, 2/11/2002. I immediately called them when I first received the e-mail confirmation saying that they shipped my order.

I spoke with a woman who really did not seem to know what was going on. She stuttered a lot and continued to put me on hold whenever I would question her explanations. She finally gave up trying to please me with her BS (can you believe she told me that UPS could ship whenever they wanted and that they had no control over when my package arrived??) and turned me over to her supervisor.

The supervisor (Crystal ID# 12156) was extremely rude from the very second she picked up the phone. "What's the problem?" she says. I explained the situation...again. She told me that it was only guaranteed to arrive BY Thursday, not on Thursday. "Where the hell did it say that on the site? ...or my receipt?" "It's there!" she snapped back. Then, get ready for this..., she thinks she hits the mute button and then tells someone next to her "I don't have time for this crap..." I said "SO!"

She was surprised and then quickly told me that I didn't just hear what I thought I did. She told me it was very busy and noisy in the call center and I was mistaken. I tried to get her boss or another supervisor but she stone walled me. She was the HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge), or so she said, and I was stuck. I will be the first to admit that they have a very fine selection on their site, that's why I gave them my business to begin with. It's the service after the sale that absolutely SUCKS! I employ you all to steer clear of 1800flowers.com. Please don't make my horrible experience be for nothing. Go for proflowers.com instead, I wish I had of.

4ef4aff7, 2008-02-15, 01:02PM CST

made an order on the day of 1/23/08 for it to be belivered on 2/14/08 it did not happen never will use 1800flowers again i been calll customer service from 2/13 -2/15/08 noth

ing happen yet this is mees up i am so unhappy right now

no delivery at all

5e2d021b, 2008-02-16, 10:19AM CST

I'm just devastated that 1800flowers.com would take your money and not even live up to there guarantee of "available for same day delivery" I'm just at a lost for words they failed to deliver my Valentines day order on 2/14 or 2/15 mind when I placed the order it said that it was available for same day delivery. I placed the order on 2/12/2008 and received a confirmation of the order on the same day. When I called them tonight on 2/15/2008 they're telling me that it will be delivered on Monday 2/18/2008. Monday is a holiday I'm not at work on that day and neither will she and I know dang well she is not going to accept a Happy Valentines Day gift on that day! I don't want that sorry ass apology they gave me. I'm stuck but I will be disputing the charges! You wanna make a woman mad on Valentines try no flowers, no card or teddy bear, and see what happens!What a joke do a google search and see how many people got shafted on valentines day with no vaseline! Check this link http://www.resellerratings.com/store/1800Flowers

16db8712, 2008-08-09, 04:53PM CDT

I am furious. I ordered flowers for delivery to the hospital for a mother in law with a pace maker installed. They advised by e mail the flowers were delivered. They were NEVER DELIVERED. I called to complain and have the charges removed from my credit card, and customer service refused to do so. They needed to investigate- NEXT WEEK. This treatment is absurd. I don't care why they didn't deliver. They failed to do what I paid them to do, then refused to efund my money.

Neither I nor my law firm will ever use them again.