1996 Holiday Rambler Motorhome with a E4OD transmission

# 27 for February 1, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 31, 2002:

From: Darrell Adams [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21630#]

1996 Holiday Rambler Motorhome with a E4OD transmission

I have a 1996 Holiday Rambler Motorhome with a E4OD transmission with 53,000 miles on it and it recently started skipping 3rd. gear and going straight into 4th. Overdrive.

In researching this transmission in the internet I was astonished at the number of complaints about the service this transmission has performed and for a period of years and nothing done about it. From what I have read during my research, Ford customer service does not assist in any way.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Darrell Adams

HCR 1 Box 555

Leakey, Texas 78873

830-232-6797

73e79bae, 2007-10-18, 05:38AM CDT

Darrell, we have a 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with an E40D transmission and 54,000 miles on it that will not go into third gear. We recently broke down on the way to Missouri where a Ford Dealership replaced an E40D transmission still in warranty with 1 yr and 20,000 left on the warranty. We were on the way back hom to Miss. and the new transmission went out, doing the same thing.

Can you tell me what you found out about your problems? We are still awaiting a Ford dealer in Memphi to even look at it. Our motorhome has been sitting on their lot for 2 weeks now and they tell us they have to take other appointments ahead of us because that's their bread and butter. I guess we are not.

If you have any good advise or heard of any, can you pass it on? We also reserached the internet and found many, many problems with this transmission.