Omega Stores - Omega Stores - Big hustle!

Posted on Wednesday, October 4th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 07d39a05

Company: Omega Stores

Location: 121 - C North Plains Industrial Rd
WALLINGFORD, CT, 06492, US

URL: http://www.omegastores.com

Category: Stores, Shopping

I ordered a log splitter from them on 1/19/06. I ordered their highest rated product for I wanted the most powerful splitter I could find that would work off standard 120 volts A/C power. I ordered the "Megasplit2006" which appears to now be called the "Megasplit2007". The seller claims it has 9 tons of force (the other models are claimed to have 6 & 7 tons of force). This claim is very doubtful and should be investigated by the authorities. In fact the model I ordered looks (from the pictures) very much the same as the "Fisch LS-8000 II 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter " at Amazon where they claim only 4 tons. While OmegaStores offers 3 models of splitters with 6, 7 and 9 tons of force claimed, respectively, there is reason to believe that all are the same unit as I will discuss further below. Immediately after ordering, I received a phone call from the OmegaStores representative. We discussed technical details in which I questioned some of their claims but he assured me that the claims were all true. I questioned why the three models would have different forces when the motor appeared to be the same. The representative claimed there was a difference in the hydraulics. However, I later found a parts list online at OmegaStores and all three models have the same component parts! Then we discussed delivery. The representative said that if I would allow a bank transfer of funds, he would ship immediately. I stupidly agreed to that as I really needed the splitter in a hurry. It was all bogus. Nothing was shipped and no confirmation could be obtained. In fact, it was impossible to communicate with the company. Phone calls and emails were not responded to. After 3 or 4 weeks I concluded that I had been had. I contacted the BBB and the authorities in Connecticut. As far as I can tell, nothing came of my complaints. Approximately 1 month after I ordered the unit, it arrived by UPS shipment. The product was very poorly packaged. The heavy unit was in a cardboard box, loose among chunks of Styrofoam. Parts were broken or missing altogether. I had my lawyer send them a fax with the list of broken and missing parts and they were received in a few days. Lawyer letters are responded to! The electric motor would not run but would simply blow the circuit breaker when it was turned on. A visual inspection revealed that the housing was bashed in against the rotor. I corrected that problem myself as I really needed a working splitter right away. The markings on the box the unit came in indicated that it was a cheaper model than the one I ordered (the marking identification on the box does not correspond with the model names used on the web). The joke of an owner's manual had an addenda sheet that claimed that the book was good for the model I ordered. Apparently one owner's manual covers all three models. As stated above, the parts list is also the same for all three models. There is no nameplate identification on the unit anywhere. Only the box had any identifying information. This may violate federal laws, I do not know for sure. After repairs were made the unit operated satisfactorily. That is, it split logs. I have no means of measuring the actual force created. However the motor does run on a 120 volt standard outlet. I would not buy anything more from this company even though they have other products that I would like to have. I suspect their warranty is a joke from other complaints I have read so I figure I am stuck with this item even if it fails. Leon

f578fda4, 2009-01-14, 10:02AM CST

I ordered a 9 ton splitter ($700) and it broke down almost immediately after splitting a few logs. The warranty is for parts only. Labor is extra.

I sent it back and received no report of the defect. Just an offer to sell me a new one for $600. I'm screwed.

BUYER BEWARE!!! Avoid Omega Stores in CT (Monica LLC) if you have a local option. I have seen reasonably priced splitters at Lowe's so I think I'll just buy a new one there.

06cdf845, 2010-05-24, 06:53PM CDT

They are big rip off artists! I bought an electric bike from them in July of 2008 for $700. I barely used it and by February of 2010 the motor wouldn't work and the battery would not pull out. I tried emailing them for help and places I could take it. They told me any bike shop which is not true. A regular bike shop doesn't fix these bikes. They told me to just unlock the battery key position. That didn't work. I asked them nicely over and over if they could advise me what to do. I finally got an electrician to look at the bike and it turns out that it only runs when plugged in electricity. I again asked the omega people what to do about the stuck battery and if I needed a new one. They wouldn't respond and then when I kept emailing them, they got nasty and told me I shouldnt' expect anything from an old bike. (that they sold me two years ago) They are crooks!!!!

3c921ac3, 2010-09-16, 10:45AM CDT

Hello, my name is Shannon w/ Vespa St. Louis. I have ordered a part from your company and I have left serveral messages. No body has called me back. I have a part that I need to retune, and I do not know were the forms are to return this product. The size it to big. I need to know what to do and how to return this product and order the right one or credit my credit card. If you could call me @ (314) 361-5446 I would like that much.

419aaf0a, 2011-04-05, 03:58PM CDT

I purchased the electric bicycle from them and it worked 1 time. The battery will not hold a charge. I have contacted them and they will not respond. I even have an "extended warranty" which I now know is worthless. Do not purchase items from this company.

9b201a14, 2011-04-15, 09:36PM CDT

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered a problem with Omega similar to mine. Last month I helped my 81 year old father order an electric trike from Omega. After several phone calls and finally talking with a rather rude person, my Dad's bike was finally delivered today. It's not a trike, it's and electric 2 wheeler. My dad says it's his fault and that he didn't look over the email confirmation closely enough when he got it. I'm not so sure. I KNOW we ordered a trike. I'm trying to get a copy of all the paper work now, but in the mean time, has anyone had a similar experience with this company?

7dfe2467, 2011-10-09, 02:58PM CDT

I had a similar problem with Omega Stores. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau of CT. They reported that they have had 33 complaints against the company in the past three years. Avoid this company like the plague.

c13f7681, 2011-10-14, 12:38PM CDT

How many times does it have to be said before the authorities do something about this company?? They are a FRAUD! Run far, far away from this company. I ordered a log splitter from them, had a couple of questions afterwards, sent them an e-mail asking for their phone number so I could call and received the following e-mail from them:

Thank you.

We are Humans and we are aware that your email is highly important.

That is why we are processing incoming emails and answering them in the order in which they are received.

It may take 24 business hours (weekends and holidays are excluded) to receive our reply, depending on the incoming traffic.

We respect your integrity and it is an honor for us to help you.

Make sure that your email server does not block our email, or you will not be able to read it!

For additional information, please visit our website and click the appropriate link.

All kinds of red flags went off in my gut. I went to the website, could not find a phone number ANYWHERE there, then Googled them and found this site.

It was Monday, Columbus Day, and my bank was closed, so I went online and put a STOP PAYMENT on the check number I had given them, because I had put it on layaway. On Tuesday, I went into my branch and put a STOP PAYMENT on ACH withdrawals too. Oh Thursday, my gut told me to call my bank and the automated system had a bogus check number in the amount of $100 clearing that day. I immediately called my bank and informed them of what had happened, then went into my local branch, advised them and we closed my account. They are disputing the bogus check, which, by the way, they used their other name, MONICA LLC - omegastores as the payee. I was refunded my money from my bank. Hopefully the Feds can stop these people. I am going to the BBB again, to file a complaint. I even called their phone number and it is just a fax noise.

The Federal Trade Commission, the State Attorney General's Office ~ SOMEBODY needs to put these criminals in jail!

33b2a081, 2011-10-20, 06:08PM CDT

I bought a cig. roller for $147.00 and it broke after a month, they told me to send it back, which I did, and they would send me a new one, that has been over a month and they have my money and Cig. roller both. Do not buy from this company. They have not answered my e-mails. Buyer beware of this company.

91ef4074, 2012-01-10, 02:45PM CST

Yep, I ordered a electric trike and also purchased a Lithium batterycharger upgrade. The etrike arrived 45 days late and came with cheap Chinese SLA (sealed lead acid) batteries instead. The company told me that I have to pay to ship the SLA battery (heavy) back to them before they would send me a Lithium batterycharger. I suspect this is part of a baitswitch scam in which they figure most people aren't electronically savvy enough to notice the difference.

96b01742, 2012-05-31, 02:25PM CDT

Calling it customer SERVICE is a joke. My bike arrived without any instructions, paperwork, several, parts missing. Took my 3 hours to put it together, instead of 10 minutes as advertised. Nut on connecting rod missing. Finally got it up and running, lasted about 3 hours in total. Connecting rod to the pedals came loose. Took it to the bike shop for repair. Connecting rod is made of such cheap material it needs to be replaced. Emailed Omega and they said it was not covered by the warranty I purchased. Emailed again, they said it would cost 49.95 to get a connecting rod. Went to website...no connecting rod listed. Tried to return bike, NOT RETURNABLE! So I have a cheap piece of junk on my porch. Stay away from this product!

28c053b8, 2012-08-09, 06:35PM CDT

I purchased a electric cozy bike for my handicapped son.It arrived with bent wheel under the fender and was not noticed on delivery.I purchased a new wheel at a cost $298 and this wheel would not work on the bike.when I contacted Omegastores they wanted me to send back the damaged wheel and the new wheel to them at my cost.Shipping would be near $100.I'm out $1200 with a bike that can't be used. don't purchase from Omegastores.This was to be my son's transportation.Big dissapointment for him and my bank account.

587a3c99, 2013-05-13, 08:52AM CDT

I purchased a scooter for my mother. Trying to get information on when it would be delivered was painful. It did not arrive as scheduled because the UPS truck did not have a lift gate. I called UPS and told them that the shipping was free and they put it on a truck with a lift gate and deliverd it. Then the basket did not attach to the seat and countless e mails and pictures have gone back and forth and it is still not resolved.

Then they charged me for the lift gate service.

I have declared war on them and will continue to do so until I get my money back. A subtle clue to to this company is they do not take credit cards. If they did they couldnot operate like this.

According to the state of CT the legal name of the counrty is MONICA LLC and the CT business ID is 0615023. The principal owner is GABOR SMATKO and his address is 5 Whiffle Tree Road Wallingford, CT 06493. All of this information is public knowledge from the state of connecticut.

You can try to call them at 866-949-1080 but don't expect an answer. Another number to try per the BBB is 203-996-4458.

I would not purchase anything from this company again and recommend that if you have not purchased anything that you do not, NEVER, purchase anything from this company

NO NOT EVERY PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

921ca3f9, 2013-05-30, 05:36PM CDT

pleae email me at [email protected] i ordered a electric rolling cigarette machine about a 10 days ago but i deleted my shipping no. i would like to know where it is

Annette Schumacher

944 N. webester st.

Port Washington,wi. 53074

LAN T., 2013-06-26, 01:44AM CDT

Oh my god! It's made me scare. It happened to me the same. Took me more than 3 hours to install the rest which they said... 15'. What's the hell? I was email them for help but no answer. I called, but nobody pick up the phone. I soon understand that, they took my money and they run away. I had to ask somebody and pay them for help. Tomorrow I have go and check the battery charge to see if it is lithium or lead, because I was updated to Lithium. And today, I was so unhappy because they were charge in my account for lift gate. They should let you know before you purchase, right? I have feeling that they are robber. Never purchase anything again. And I will tell everybody about them.

Ben MacConnell, 2013-08-12, 03:14PM CDT

We ordered a electric trike from Omega Stores on June 18, 2013. It is now August 06, 2013 and we still do not have the merchandise. The only time we have been able to speak with anyone at Omega Stores was when we inquired as to how long it would take to ship the trike because time was of the essence. The man, who is on all recordings, replied that he would ship the merchandise immediately. We received a form letter one week later asking us to send pictures of the trike when it arrived for advertising purposes. We received another letter on July 19 saying that a German supplier sent incorrect parts. We have heard nothing more. We paid $1649.00 for this machine. 1). I believe the trike is made in China and all parts are probably produced there. 2). This must be a one man operation because all phone answers are his voice and if you lucky enough to speak to anyone, they all seem to be the same person. The only phone number I could find is 1-866-949-1080 but don't bother calling because it is never answered. In fact, don't expect any answers from this company. Where is the Connecticut Attorney General's Office? Why hasn't law enforcement done something about this scam?

joe m., 2013-09-17, 08:11AM CDT

I HAVE NEVER ONE TO CALL NAMES,BUT TIME HAS COME TO PUT THIS THIEF OUT OF BUSINESS.HE HAS SCREWED .MANY PEOPLE AND GOT AWAY WITH IT.UNFORTUNATLY HE SEEMS TO DO HIS DEAL ON ELDERLY,AND DISABLED.TAKE TIME TO GO ON THE NET AND READ THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THESE PEOPLE.IT MAKES FOR GOOD READING.THE ATTORNEY GENERAL ,FAIR TRADE COMM,BBB.ALL AVE BEEN NOTIFIED BUT STILL UP TO JUNE OF 2013 THEY ARE STILL DOING THERE THING.I FOUND COMPLAINTS DATING BACK TO 2008,AT 78 YEARS OLD AND DISABLED I KNOW I WILL NEVER GET MY MONEY BACK, I HOPE TO SEE THEM IN COURT BEFORE I CHECK OUT.DONT GIVE UP FOLKS MABY THE AJ WILL GET THEM SOONER OR LATER PS: THE TOLD SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS THAT THE BIKES ARE FROM GERMANY.ANOTHER BOLD FACED LIE THEY ARE FROM JINUE CITY,ZHEJING ,CHINA.THEY DO LIE LIKE RUGS

ce8e7015, 2013-11-01, 11:02PM CDT

Save your self a ton of aggravation and do not buy from this company, they are no good. I bought a log splitter from them in April, 2013, used it twice and a part burned out. I was of the understanding that the unit was under warranty for two years, but this was not covered. Trying to reach them is a feat in itself, as they are not good at answering emails and on the phone you get a recording from some foreign person. They say I have to buy a new part but after dealing with them I can see this whole experience is a loosing proposition and I will through the piece of Chinese junk away rather than do that. This company should not be allowed to do business on the internet or anywhere. I will get in touch with the Connecticut AG and see what they have to say.

joe m., 2013-11-02, 09:29AM CDT

HEY FOLKS

PUTTING YOR COMPLAINTS ON THE NET WILL NOT ACOMPLISH ANYTHING,COMPLAIN TO THE AUTHORITIES,SUCH AS ATTORNEY GENERAL,FAIR TRAID,BBB.MABY IF THEY GET ENOUGH COMPLAINTS THEY MIGHT COME TO LIFE

587a3c99, 2013-11-02, 07:51PM CDT

I filed a complaint with the CT BBB. Monica LLC replied totally ignoring the major issue. I responded that their response did nothing to resolve the issue. They did not reply and the CT BBB listed the complaint as unresolved. I also filed a complaint with the CT Attorney General. I received a letter from the CT Attorney General acknowledging the complaint. I also received a cc of a letter from the CT Attorney General to the registered agent for Monica LLC regarding my complaint. The second letter indicated that the CT Attorney General is doing something but I have not received any further information about my complaint. THE ONLY WAY TO ATTACK MONICA LLC IS FOR CONSUMERS TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE CT ATTORNEY GENERAL!

joe m., 2014-02-16, 09:08AM CST

I MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO THE CONN. A/J LAST SUMMER ABOUT THEASE RIP OFF ARTEST.AS OF THIS DATE I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY WORD FROM THE A/J ABOUT WHAT THEY PLAN ON DOING ABOUT THESE GUYS .YET THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS AND STILL RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.MABY IF IT WAS A ELECTION YEAR SOMETHING MIGHT BE DONE.I HAVE FOUND COMPLAINTS FROM 2008 UP TO JAN OF 2014 ON THE NET.

Ricky S., 2014-08-26, 11:55PM CDT

I just bought a scooter from cozybike been two weeks haven't heard a word now reading all this stuff I wish I never bought it hope my scooter gets here soon