WC Value Plus - WC Value Plus SCAM!!! Membership Services???

Posted on Saturday, October 14th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 5ca3bc38

Company: WC Value Plus

Category: Unauthorized Charges

HELP ME HELP YOU GET OUR MONEY BACK FROM THIS SCAM!! REPORT YOUR ISSUE TO ACTION NEWS AT www.6abc.com go to Consumer Complaints. I also have experienced similar charges from WC Value Plus and WC Buyers Plus on my credit card. They've got me for more than $350.00! I was charged by two companies every month since January. The dirty dog company headquarters is: Membership Service

PO Box 5265

Hopkins, MN 55343

800-475-1942 The only way I was able to stop the charges was to cancel my debit card and get a new one. WC's customer service REALLY STINKS! I spoke to a supervisor and she basically told me that the company is called Membership Services and they do customer service for over 1000 different telemarketing companies. She could not tell me what the two memberships were that I belong to.. and that basically I'm the idiot who gave my information to one of the telemarketing scams!!! I asked her for a full refund and she told me that I would receive a form in the mail to dispute the charges. Never got it.. surprise!!! I spoke to Jessica Wooten, Supervisor - this morning and she told me the form was mailed out on 10/4/06.. it must be on the slow boat from MN!!! Sincerely

Dee

4caeed0f, 2007-10-30, 03:00PM CDT

I was also charged 160$ total before I noticed the charges! The number you call is shady as well as the websit they give you! When I finally cancelled the e-mail I was received was even more shady! When I asked where I had signed up for this alleged membership I was told they did not have this information! This HAS TO BE ILLEGAL!

4e2fb818, 2007-11-16, 11:47AM CST

Thank you so much for posting your complaint! I have just found out about their "membership services" while I was reviewing my checking account and found they have been deducting from myu account since May 07! I cannot find any information on them at all- tells me they are not legitimate! What can I do to get them to refund my money? Did you ever get yours back?

96376a44, 2008-02-29, 11:41AM CST

I too noticed a deduction from my checking account. from value plus membership services for 16.95. I called the number and told them I did not join anything and did not wish to have a membership. They told me I would receive a refund and sent me an email stating as such. The email came from Elizabeth Collins. It stated that my credit card would be reimbursed for the membership fee and it would probably be a couple billing statements before I noticed it.

57e2b962, 2008-03-06, 03:41PM CST

I, too, have been a victim of this. I have been charged over $200 by a company called "membership services" that appeared on my credit card. Apparently, when I bought something from Newport News online I did not "uncheck" this box which apparently signed me up to have someone deduct money from me - for nothing. This is ridiculous and something must be done. This has happened to me after I ordered a poster from posters.com. Beware of what you order online! Make sure you don't coincidentally sign up for someone to get your money for free!

578fc108, 2008-03-26, 08:08PM CDT

I to have been ripped off by wc value plus scam. There was a charge on my amx card for 16.50 I did not recognize, but there was a toll free number by it which I called. The person who answered said she could not tell me how I became a member or what company automatically signed me up for the service. I told her I wanted this transaction to be cancelled and it was not a problem. I was given a cancellation notice by e-mail and it was sent by Elizabeth Collin. I have recently purchased from New Port New and Barnes and Noble. I am going to E-Mail a complaint to them for signing me up for a service I wasn't aware of.

10b313d4, 2008-04-16, 07:41AM CDT

I SAW THIS CHARGE ON MY DISCOVER CARD.

THEY INFOMRED ME I HAD TO CALL THE COMPANY MAKING THE CHARGE WHICH I DID.

SHE TOLD ME I SIGNED UP FOR THIS "SERVICE" SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS FOR. I SAID I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT. SHE OFFERED SOME KIND OF PO BOX AS SO I COULD ORDER THE TRANSCRIPT OF ME SUPPOSEDLY ORDERING THIS "SERVICE" SHE SAID SHE WOULD CANCEL MY "MEMBERSHIP" AND SEND ME A FORM TO GET A REFUND ON THREE CHARGES OF 16.95.

I CALLED DISCOVER HAD THE ACCOUNT NUMBER CHANGED ON MY CREDIT CARD, I ALSO TURNED THIS INTO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF OHIO. I WANT MY 16.95 X 3 PLUS THE INTEREST CHARGED ON THE CARD.

DISCOVER ASSURES ME THAT IF I DON'T GET SATISFACTION FROM THIS COMPANY WITH THESE FORMS I CAN FILE A DISPUTE ON THE CAHRGES AND THEY WILL GO AFTER THEM.WE WILL SEE I GUESS.

83150ca5, 2008-04-18, 12:00AM CDT

I just made a purchase from value plus thinking i would get hooked up with the free gift cards and such....however i was curious so after signing up for one, i quickly did a background search on the "valueplus" to find this forum (go figure). Not Minutes after signing up for the free trial membership, did i call and cancel my bank card. It seems to be the only way to shut down this process. However im wondering if this could work in theory if one were to signup for scam memberships > pay trial fee > fill out & send out request forms for gift cards, then immediately cancel bank cards. Has anyone had any luck with and or recieved any gift cards yet??

170d16bb, 2008-10-14, 06:49PM CDT

"Membership Services" They have been calling me the last few days and are trying to get more information out of me.

The first call I got I thought "oh! cool!" cause I had recently bought something from newegg.com and I thought it was from them but I got suspicious when they asked for my email. So I gave them my secondary email not my real one..haha... and I tried to get more info out of them but all they said was membership services and kept yapping about coupons and junk. But right after that first call I got, I called my credit card company and had them issue me a new card with a brand new number.

I have been close to getting scammed like this before so I know a scam when I hear it. I won't even let them have a chance to charge me. I don't mess around with these people and neither should anyone else. So as soon as you get a call from them or an email and you can see that they have your credit info; just get a new card issued to you and forget about it. Stay one step ahead; that is the only way to stay safe in this world.

I don't know how they are getting peoples info. Soon we won't be able to do anything online safely. Damn trashy low life people that do this are ruining the world.

So far two scamming companies have (((FAILED))TO SCAM ME....HAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Just to smart for you suckers.

f212d4ab, 2008-10-14, 06:49PM CDT

80e7d487, 2008-12-07, 03:56PM CST

shady, yes, illegal, no. they have recordings of all of you all stating yes, ok, uh ha, whatever to value plus. The reason they can't tell you how you signed up, "I'm not givin that information due to the fact that it is of a personal nature" is just plane that. we don't see what you bought when you signed up for this, you just gave them an yes, ok, uh ha, whatever. call the number on your billing statement, request a full refund and be careful when ordering online, over the phone or when people call you back.

004b9875, 2008-12-11, 12:58PM CST

I discovered a charge from this company on my card two days ago. I called the company and the guy gave me the aforementioned "we handle memberships..." bs. The charge went away for the day. Today I log in to bank account, charge has returned. I called company again and the girl repeatedly told me a refund had been posted today. This is while I'm looking directly at my account and seeing a deduction. WE MUST TAKE DOWN THESE PEOPLE. They are obviously stealing various amounts from people all over.

2b6b7fbb, 2009-01-09, 06:53PM CST

I am a victim of WC Value Plus also, I noticed this charge of $16.95 and could not understand what it was. I called my bank and they gave me a phone #888-833-7279 and I called and spoke with someone who said I was offered this as a free trial and did not cancel when my free trail was up. I don't even remember this but hopefully there will be no more charges.

227fc589, 2009-08-03, 05:32PM CDT

I too have been a victim of them. I recently found a monthy charge of $16.95 being deducted from my account for over a year and a half. I had purchased the bender ball and they were supposed to have stopped all payments when I had problems with them taking money out of my account. However, bender ball stopping did not stop membership services and now am out over $300. This scam is horrible and I havent a clue how they got all of my information!

fbf72bc3, 2009-10-01, 05:43PM CDT

I was a victim from this too.

BASICALLY TO STOP THEM FROM CHARGING.. you need to CANCEL your debit/credit/whatever you used.

and warn others from falling for the same trap!!

173935be, 2009-11-06, 08:16PM CST

I have just learned that this "company" has been debiting $19.95 per month from my bank account since December, 2008. I never ordered anything from them and never authorized any debits.

The only way I was able to obtain the phone number was by going to my bank and having one of the personal bankers find it through his channels.

How can we combat such illegal activity if we don't even know about it?

094cbaec, 2009-11-07, 08:41PM CST

Hahahahahaa, I work for this company, I'm the person you get a hold of when you dial 800 475 1942 or any other of the numbers they have.

Just kidding. I agree, some scam. All you do is give us a call:

Me: Thank you for calling Membership Services, may I have your last name and zip code?

you: doe, 55343

Me: Would you verify your first name and address?

You: John, 555 main st

Me: (one of two answers here, basically just ask to cancel any and all memberships with membership services)

if you have one membership: I see you have a membership to value plus, how can I help you with this?

if you have more than one membership: How can I help you today?

(as operators, we can't volunteer information if you have more than one membership)

no matter what you have, request to cancel and request a full refund. And while your at it, request any and all gift cards, gas vouchers and cash back for all past memberships. (this is a tedious 8 to 10 week process, but it's free gas, gift cards and cash back) (and if you don't get it within 10 business days, give me a call back and ask to speak to my supervisor.)

This is your best bet for putting this company out of business ;)

That or if you want to completely avoid membership services, just hang up the phone after your done ordering your product. If they call you, and somebody mentions the last four numbers of your credit card, request to be put on their do not call list and hang up.

When you receive a call like this, it's from someone you had purchased a product from either over the telephone or internet, they have the rest of your number.

And if you do want to give our distribution partners (the people who sell these memberships) a hard time, when they ask you to enter your birth date into the telephone keypad (<-- which by the way is your digital signature) tell them you have a rotary telephone.

094cbaec, 2009-11-07, 08:44PM CST

Just kidding. I agree, some scam. All you do is give us a call:

you: doe, 55343

Me: Would you verify your first name and address?

You: John, 555 main st

if you have more than one membership: How can I help you today?

This is your best bet for putting this company out of business ;)

7232efe7, 2009-11-17, 06:59PM CST

I just found out that I have been charged every month for 3 months without my authorization because I never signed up for any such service.

I called this company and the girl who answered was obviously trained to be evasive as can be.

This company should be sued for fraud, they are conducting illegal business activities with the objective to scam any potential consumer.

d4fbaefd, 2009-12-10, 03:08PM CST

This is some bull-----. I have just found out that this "Member Service" WC Value Plus/ Fun Source monthly 1 800 475 1942 have been debiting a joint account of mines since Oct 2008. I would have NEVER signed up for something like this. Then when you call them like others have said, they can even tell you what was purchased. Now I am having to dispute this with my bank as I wait for the form from them to be sent to me. This is is some crazy mess. I don't even shop on line and never give anyone information on line for anything. Now I'm having to cancel cards and wait for the back to do a fraud case. I can't believe this and what are we suppose to do in the mean time. I do know I am not going to stop until I get my freak'n money back. !!!!

cd9d46ab, 2009-12-23, 09:09PM CST

I just found out twelve days ago that Value Plus and Home Essentials were doing the same thing to me since September 2009. I immediately went to my bank and they told me it started four motns ago. My bank, claims that they can only collect three (3) months back on unauthorized transactions. Is this true? Because I want ever red copper of my $$ that these scum bags have taken without my permission. This stinks. I called Member Service 800-475 1942 number and was told that my name does not appear on their customer list, so they cannot give me anything! My bank has place a claim to get my money back. When I asked Member Services a/k/a Value Plus a/k/a Home Essentials what I am suppose to be paying $38.90 for each month, they told me COUPONS. Now, what in the world do I want with $38.90 worth of coupons per month. Frankly, I have nothing to show for my $160.00. i HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY GOT MY FINANCIAL INFORMATION FROM. Where is this company domisile? Who IS the president, officers and directors of this shit hole, dirty dog of a company? Help!

33e69875, 2009-12-28, 06:39PM CST

Like everyone else, I have been scammed by this company. They have been taking money from me since November of 2008, I was deployed to Afghanistan the past year so could not do anything about it until now. I specifically remember ordering something over the phone and they asked if I wanted to join some type of membership and I said "NO" knowing how those things work, they still signed me up and began taking $19.95 from me every month. I plan on fighting this til the end, it's not about the money anymore, it is about the principal and the fact that they are even stealing from Military members while they are deployed fighting for their country. In case anyone is interested the President/CEO's name is Mr. George S Richards, Pres/CEO. The official name of the company is Provell Incorporated, in case you are filing a complaint with the BBB.

804d9276, 2010-01-05, 04:11PM CST

I am being charged by this company for something I DID NOT SUBSCRIBE to. I do not even live in the USA - so why would I subscribe to save on items in the USA? I reported this to the bank who will look into it immediately.

957cd863, 2010-01-11, 08:32PM CST

I just noticed that i've been being charged. first person i spoke to said i've been being charged since Nov 09 but when i looked further into i was only able to go back to july statements but i know as of right now i've been charged since July 09. They said they cancelled the account and that i need to fill out a form that they will mail me to get a refund. i did go ahead and cancel my credit card...

3b34ed2a, 2010-01-14, 08:58PM CST

I found a charge of $24.95 on my November and December 2009 American Express statements. I called the 800 number for Value Plus Membership and they couldn't tell me anything, except they were willing to cancel the membership immediately, but not reverse any previous charges. I called Amercian Express and they credited my card back the two months and put a 4 year block on any future charges from that same company. I have no idea how I ended up as a member of that organization and I never charged anything or did anything with them. So glad to be through with them. Rebecca

08472162, 2010-02-11, 01:22PM CST

I too have been scammed by this so called value plus/Membership Services. They undoubtably got my # when I ordered something on line because the same day I ordered that item was when the charge for this company showed up on my bank acct. The only way I could stop the charges was to cancel my debit card and be issued another! They also could not explain who I talked to, why I did not receive a confirmation via e-mail or any other correspondence from them. Just a deduction from my checking account! They sent me a form but no e-mail address on the form and all they would say was they would "review" their records to see if they would return my money. Of course they will not! The supervisor I talked to told me I had filled out a form and that I had authorized their withdrawal out of my account! That was a lie. And I told her I should report her company to my Attorney General. What can we do???

032a4fbf, 2010-02-20, 06:24AM CST

My husband and I just discovered our online account has been charged 21.95 for the past two months for membership services. Like others, when he called the woman said they were a legitimate company but couldn't tell us what services they provided (????!!!). They did cancel the membership immediately when requested (we'll see if this really happens), but we will now also go back and see if our bank will reimburse us for the 45 dollars lost. Unbelievable - what happens to people who don't routinely monitor their accounts?

98e16aa7, 2010-02-25, 06:40PM CST

BIG TIME SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN DOUBLE BILLING A "MEMBERSHIP" THAT I NEVER EVEN SIGNED UP FOR. I HAVE CANCELED AND THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE ME, TWICE A MONTH!

WHEN ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR THEY HANG UP ON ME! WHEN I CALL BACK THEY SEE ME ON CALLER ID AND PUT ME ON HOLD FOR HOURS! LITERALLY!

AFTER HOURS OF BEING ON HOLD, THEY FINALLY PICK UP AND TELL ME I NEED TO WRITE A LETTER IN ORDER TO HAVE THE CONTINUED BILLING STOPPED.

I HAVE, SENT THE LETTER MONTHS AGO AND AM STILL BEING CHARGED ON MY CARD.

I FINALLY HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD IN ORDER TO STOP THEM FROM ACCESSING MY ACCOUNT.

WHAT A PAIN! AND WASTE OF TIME!!! BASICALLY, I HAVE PAID THEM OVER $1000 TO WASTE MY TIME AND VALUABLE ENERGY!

THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE IN BUSINESS.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE THEM DOWN!

THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS!!!!

SOMEONE HELP!!!!

a85e3b3f, 2010-03-26, 06:22PM CDT

Haha. You people are dumb. A company has been charging you for a year and you havent noticed it? Check your bank statements, my gosh thats just irresponsible. And actually, this Membership services company has an A with the Better Business Bureau so theyre legit, y'all are just stupid.

05f24e63, 2010-03-30, 09:33PM CDT

Membership services: Keep this in mind.

1.The customer service agent really does'nt have any information, just a script he/she reads from, depending on the situation.

2.They will not offer up information, as in how many memberships or free trials they see on your account, if you call up and say i want to cancel my membership, the agent may see 4 or more memberships, but he will only cancel 1 (they are not allowed to volunter information)

3.they are not allowed to bring up the words "cancel or refund" you have to bring it up

4.they only have the ability (through there computer program) to refund up to 2 charges, if you have been charged more than 2 times you will be told "they are going to send you a refund request letter"

5.If you are thinking you are going to get the free gift card or whatever card they offered you...the entire process can take anywhere from 2-3 months

6.Take steps to protect your self, check your cc statements often, use a pre paid debit card to make your purchases online or over the phone, only use trusted web sites to make purchases ie amazon, bestbuy, ebay and so forth...the site you are buying the "belly buster, or other tv propaganda"at, cannot be trusted

7.And remember, the agent you are talking to wont probably be working there the next day, the turn over is out of this world, so dont bother grilling the agent for his/her full name, employee id and whatever else you can think of, because it doesnt matter and wont help you in the least bit

8.lastly, its all legal, shady, underhanded and un-ethical, but legal.

they have done there homework, dotted there I's.....the complaints keep coming, but nothing ever gets done

hope this helped someone.

4625ab3a, 2010-05-28, 11:09AM CDT

May,28,2010 I also found charges for $19.95 told me I purchased coupons I do not even use coupons of any kind this is a big scam and someone needs to do something about it I called the mumber and was told the canceled it but would not refund the money this company she said is located at 5832 Lincoln Suite 302 Edina Min 55436

They need to be stopped the Attorney General of the State has an obligation to stop them this is wrong

b954e966, 2010-07-07, 02:16PM CDT

I dont understand how this is a scam I signed up for Value Plus three years ago and have saved over 8500.00 using there discount programs. If you were smart you would have looked up the company on the BBB website and can get ahold of Dave, he is the top boss of Consumer Affairs whom I wrote to compliment their customer service reps on the great job they have done. In this time of need these people are the best thing to happen.

6a471465, 2010-09-07, 10:04AM CDT

I had the very same problem!!!!! Never received a "form" to cancel this membership. I never even authorized this! What can we do? Debra....please email with suggestions [email protected]

03400d22, 2010-10-25, 06:10PM CDT

Membership Service is an ethical company I agree!! First they were WC and later they are SEM. Watch out for them!!

I have been charged for $24.95 per month for the past 3 months and didn't realized it until today. I called them and they didn't want to tell me what kind of memberships they provide. Until I was forced to reveal my name and address. I never signed up with them and never heard of them. After a little investigation I realized that they got my credit card information from a company that I ordered sports equipment from. They sports equipment company ABDO Twist couldn't tell me how my credit card info was leaked to Membership Services. I had to call my credit card company to make to remove those charges.

19c3805a, 2010-11-22, 12:49PM CST

I was looking through my checking account and found charges from this value plus company. well you see, my dental insurance is value care... so for some reason i thought it was the insurance since it's a similar name. so i didn't really think too much of it (also similar charge of 25 bucks)

well i was investigating when i realized that my dental was billed under a different name altogether. because i had waited so long, the charges started in july, my bank can only go back 60 days. i've been charged nearly $150. i didn't knowingly sign up for this. coupons??? are you kidding? they're to save you money, you shouldn't be charged to use coupons!!!!!!!!

plus whatever coupons they have, i don't and have never used, nor have i received anything in the mail. i called and canceled, and today i received the form from them, saying that the membership is cancelled, but that the charges are authorized. THEY WERE NOT! so i called back. i get some chick saying "so i have ... on the phone." i said apparently you do. she got uppity with me. i get it, they can't do a thing. i hope they know they are working for this scam of a company. it's shady, unethical and underhanded. i just want my money back. so now i have to send in this form again for review. i wrote a note on it.

is there anything i can do about this? i didn't knowingly sign up for it at all. i don't see why i should be punished because of something i didn't do. you can't even talk to a supervisor or anything in that department. that's just bad service.

i honestly didn't give them my info. i don't know where they got it.

i think when you call back you talk to the same chick over and over again.

plus get this. your refund request letter tells you that you're denied a refund. :(

9a481a27, 2010-11-23, 02:19AM CST

This is November 2010 and I see this has been going on for several years now.Today is Nov 22nd 2010 and this is still going on. I loaded my credit card with church money so that I wouldn't have to keep pulling out cash all day in buying supplies and food for a church event we were having on this past Sunday November 21st. On that evening I attempted to pay for dinner with my pastor and I. Thank God for having cash on hand, because when the waiter came back to tell me that my card was declined I immediately called my credit card cunstomers service line and they researched my last 5 transactions. I had a withdrawal of $24.95 from a company named SEM @HOME Fun and another from a SEM VALUE SOURCE for the same amount of $ 24.95. Both of these companies are one in the same. I was told that I joined the club in June of 2010 according to the supervisor I spoke too. She said after a 30 day grace period, if I don't call they say I have agreed to become a member of the club. My credit card company has canceled my card so that they would not be able to withdraw any more money from me. I asked for some prove showing that I was a member of this organization, such as a membership card, an account number or even a letter or a invoice showing that I was a member. The supervisor said that they don't provide any prove nor can she tell me what I purchased since becoming a memeber. So I have been a member since June of 2010. 30 days after that was in July as prove that I didn't cancel the membership, but it was not until November that they withdrew on the same day $24.95 twice in 2 different company names. ODD, why not on the same name. She explained that I would be recieving a letter(form)within 7 to 10 days for the first withdrawel, and after they complete the process on the 1st amount to refund and then a 2nd letter(form) to fill out on the second withdrawel within 7 to 10 days to file for that refund. If anyone can help me get my money credited back to me sooner, please e-mail me at [email protected] I just don't understand how these people can steal from you like this and sleep at night, and what's really bad its around the holiday season. My credit card company is doing a research to see just now many other charges are out there from this company operating under several different names and taking money from your credit card without prior notification. I would consider this as a scam when I don't have anything to show for these charges. Any additional information and help will be greatly appreciated.

3aca92a6, 2010-12-30, 04:30PM CST

Same SCAM on me that I just discovered!!!!! These people are awful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I threatened legal action and will follow through if my account is not refunded in "3 to 5 days".I also blame the company I ordered from for allowing this problem to be created in the first place. No More Of My Business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a7987468, 2011-01-03, 02:28PM CST

I just found out that #SEM VALUE PLUS (800-475-1942) had been charging my credit account for $19.95 recurring monthly fee since 2009. I have no knowledge of the services that this company provided me nor was the operator was able to explain.I have asked for a refund and the operator told me that she will send me the forms on the mail.

Obviously this is a SCAM!

fc4c0690, 2011-01-28, 04:13PM CST

HOW CAN WE STOP THIS SCAM COMPANY? THEY ARE GOING INTO BANK ACCOUNTS AND STEALING MONEY. WE MUST PUT A STOP TO THESE INTERNET THIEVES. I WILL DO ANYTHING LEGALLY TO STOP THEM, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

f1bcbf80, 2011-02-02, 08:06AM CST

Another example of identity theft...

6d7ecce4, 2011-02-25, 06:27PM CST

I found charges of $24.95 from SEM Value Plus for the past 5 months. I had to cancel my credit card. I have no idea who these people are. The only thing I can think of was a genealogy website that I had a free trial on and then cancelled my membership. Possibly that was it. But I'm not sure. Now I'm out $125.00.

75f47efe, 2011-04-06, 11:06AM CDT

I just want to add that the Value Plus SCAM its real! This guys and CCNow pushing them have a bad reputation.

I am sure that they will not take this serious but I do and I will try my best to stop their dirty business.

b502d4e2, 2011-06-28, 12:05PM CDT

value plus is no a scam. The website is valueplusonline.com. You can call and cancel at anytime and reieve no further charges.

the PO box is actually

P.O box 658

All calls are recorded verifing that you signed up. You can wright membership services and request to hear the recording. The CFO dave will personally call you.

40a2e377, 2011-07-25, 09:01AM CDT

I managed to get this one cancelled - Membership Services, Value Plus -before they put any charges on my accounts, but I still received a form in the mail to fill out for $20 cash back or $50 gift cards. I suppose if I were to fill these out it would reinstate my membership immediately. I'm not doing this, just as I did not order any product from them, which would have required giving them a credit card number, of course. We've all heard it--DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER on the phone or any means you have not instigated yourself! I would be happy to join any lawsuit or media campaign againste these thieves, as long as I don't have to give out my credit card number! Sincerely, V.Sisson

94d7c197, 2011-08-18, 03:32PM CDT

I got that same letter and the same run around! I am fuming!!! Did you ever get anything back?

8c9993d9, 2011-08-22, 07:46PM CDT

Happened to me to. Ordered

"Genie Bras" and the next thing, got dinged for three months worth of memberships to FUNSOURCE and VALUE PLUS. Checked BBB and there are numerous complaints about them. Next step is GETJESSE on KOMOTV and attorney general.

8c9993d9, 2011-08-22, 07:48PM CDT

Happened to me to. Ordered

24325012, 2011-10-13, 02:34PM CDT

I also just found "$21.95 WC *Mon Homeplay 800-916-6743" listed under my transactions. I called the number and they said I signed up for it online and that they are called Membership Services. I NEVER give out my card info online!!!! EVER!!! The only thing I can think of and they mentioned was when I ordered the Slushy Magic Cubes online and there was a thing after the sign up for a $15 rebate. But still...I NEVER gave THEM my card info. I only gave it to the Slushy Magic people and then a few days later they called and said it was on back order so I cancled it and that showed back up as a refund on my card.

a26f0836, 2012-03-13, 06:42PM CDT

RE: MEMBERSHIP SERVICES aka "Value Plus"

Minnesota's Attorney General will only address this problem if enough citizen bring it to his attention.

The Hopkins, MN based company Membership Services adds a service charge to one's monthly credit card bill even though the subscription was not authorized. I received no notification or membership package. Requests for full refunds are not being acknowledged even when their services were never used. In my case the amounts charged adds up to over $400.

Please do investigate. Their phone number is 800-475-1942. Their Head of Consumer Affairs is Donna Michaels. Below is a site where additional complaints can be found.

72164320, 2012-03-15, 01:40AM CDT

How Can We get back at them???? We need to find the millionaire who owns this company, all get together and SUE their rich butt! If we get enough people we might bring them down. The company is in Hopkins Minnesota. I never signed up for this membership and the Value Plus Company will not give me any info. I must send out a letter of request to receive proof of sign up. We are out $500.00 and Pd.off! I am now waiting for response. I'm sure they are a great company to be with IF YOU WANT THERE MEMBERSHIP! We were unaware of this and didn't even use this so called GREAT membership that we signed up for. We paid for online software access Editplus $35.00 and a different company Value plus was charged the same day. We did not sign up for this and want our money back!!!

72164320, 2012-04-26, 01:02AM CDT

PS: Got all of our money back!!!! Email for details.

255b017c, 2012-05-07, 04:50PM CDT

I have been scamed by the same company after reading all the posts I canceled my Debit card. They've been taking out $ 24.95 out of my account since last Feb over a year ago. I can't believe I didn't catch this earlier. My credit union told me to file a police report and make sure you give them all the contact info. you have on them. Hopfully this will result in stopping these scammers.

6485a19a, 2012-05-27, 07:10AM CDT

I just looked at my statement and there was a charge from them. What do I need to do? Please help asap.

080b2a01, 2012-09-08, 05:59PM CDT

What to do and what NOT to do.

DO NOT fill their form in their website to stop the charges.

Apparently they do not have your address. They need this to continue their obscure scams.

DO NOT call them, DO NOT EMAIL them.

Just do not contact them. They are professional scammers. They need more information from you. Do not give them more data.

DO THE FOLLOWING:

Report to the bank that you are a victim of fraud.

Return all your debit/cc and ask new cards with new numbers.

Dispute all the charges.

Identify the company that sold/gave your card information to them.

Note: In my case the same day I bought a software they charged me a small amount twice. It was $2.50 twice. Then one month after they charged me $24.95 twice. They will continue doing this until you close your card.

I was able to identify that www.aimersoft.com was the company that gave my cc to them.

With this information:

1) Report the case to your local police.

2) With the report in hand go to this website https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx

Report the incident and give them the police report number and date.

3) Sue them in the "small claim court" Ask for the money they stole you + damages.

The person to sue is:

Elizabeth Collins

Member Services

PO BOX 5265

Hopkins, MN 55343

This thieves are operating more than 10 years now. Are you going to stop them?

Do something!!

c8088532, 2012-11-10, 07:20PM CST

I am a former police officer investigating theft of funds from my daughters checking account by an entity identifying itself as WC Value Plus. Information below pertains to SEMPRIS LLC trading as Membership Services and Value Plus..

Both alias entities are used by a parent named Membership Services which one ots employes told me is owned by SEMPRIS LLC.

BBB website shows the following:

SEMPRIS LLC

11100 Wayzata Blvd Ste 680 Hopkins, Minnesota 55305-5601

(952) 258-2000

Principal:

David Matschina

(Director of Consumer Affairs)

[email protected]

Other addresses

PO Box 5034

Hopkins, MN 55343-2265

PO Box 5265

Hopkins, MN 55343-2265

The following information was obtained from the MN Business & Lien System

SEMPRIS LLC Business Type Limited Liability Company (Foreign)

MN Statute 322B

2711 Centerville Rd #400

Wilmington DE 19808

USA

Alternate Business Names

Customer Relationship Servicers, Membership Services, WC Value Plus, Budget Savers, Homeplay, Vacation Passport, Value Plus, Cooking in Style, Explore USA, FunSource, Pulse, Essentials for Home, Taste for Savings, The Best Deal Company, The Good Deal Company

To stop unauthorized charges to your debit or credit card account cancel the card and request a replacement. Dispute all charges with the bank.

Ignore and do not accept any cold call solicitations. If you did not call them you don't need or want their goods or services.

c69e0e9a, 2013-02-28, 01:40AM CST

Oh, my blood pressure! What a run around I received from Membership Services - too late AGAIN, I found repeating charges to various names. One month it might be called Budget Saver, the next month it's called something else -- since I am handling my parent's finances, I found it difficult to identify because of that. From my first time over the account, which has been charged $30 to $19/month since January 18, 2012! Geez. No satisfaction from company -- wish I had read this blog before I called them as they were very clever on the phone in getting information from me. I realize I gave them WAY too much, including address, first 6 and the last 4 digits of debit card, home phone?? GEEZ - this is the second time in 3 years this company has sneaked into my parent's bank account -- the first was in 2009 when I found they had been paying two $15.95/month for almost three years! They gave me the song and dance about sending me a form for a 3-month refund that will be in a "non-descript" envelope and mailed to the house ... "unable to email or fax form" and if I made a complaint to BBB, my refund would be delayed an addition 4 - 12 weeks!! Brother! Petition to the MN State Attorney????

43a81e10, 2013-04-05, 05:23AM CDT

My mother is elderly I was helping her with some financial statements and questioned her about these repeated charges $24.95 she told me she never signed up for this. She had ordered he product Sensa off the television ( which was returned) and it appears these charges started at the same time Each month for over a year my 72 year old mother has been charged. This NEED to stop these scams I beieve especially target the folks unfamiliar with their fast talking. I a hoping to find out if the bank and or BBB can help her get a refund for services she NEVER received.