Monitronics Security

Posted on Friday, March 17th, 2006 at 12:00am CST by 9818b835

Company: Monitronics Security

Monitronics Security

March 16, 2006

My complaint is against Monitronics Security. I had a contract with them in Mississippi with a system the builder had hard wired into the house. I was transfered from Mississippi to Illinois through work only 1 year into my 3 year contract. After 4 phone calls and finally speaking to a manager I learned the only way to cancel the contract, wether you have a house to monitor or not is to buy out that contract. I ended up doing the moving package through them and they installed a cheap wireless 3 door system in my new place. Since that time I have had 11 phone calls into them to get 1 out of the 3 doors sensors fixed. I have personnally replaced the hardware twice. Now they are telling me that they have to send someone out to look at it and it will be at my cost since I installed the 2 sensors. I have purchased the maintenance agreement through them and they are still trying to charge me. On top of that I have received several bills for the technician that hasn't been to my house yet and have been promised by 2 different service reps that they would pick up all charges just to turn around and get billed again. My advice is to stay away from Monitronics at all costs.

Doug