CSC Credit Services (an affiliate of Equifax)

Posted on Wednesday, June 28th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by e8a272e1

Company: CSC Credit Services (an affiliate of Equifax)

CSC Credit Services (an affiliate of Equifax)

June 27, 2006

CSC Credit Services P.O. Box 619054 Dallas TX 75261-9054 I have been trying to get CSC to review the Credit Score and Credit Report they prepared for my insurance company since May, 2006. I have written two letters to CSC disputing the information provided, emailed them and tried to call both CSC and Equifax. The phone numbers only provide a recording and I can get no customer service representative to speak to. My second letter was certified, receipt requested so I know they received it. I even tried to file a dispute about CSC via CSC’s website. Would you believe that it would not accept the dispute? In desperation I have filed a FTC complaint. What more can I do to resolve what seems to be incompetence in information gathering and reporting on the part of CSC?

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_53992#

e8a272e1, 2008-01-09, 01:14PM CST

Erecting a stone wall to avoid direct customer contact seems to be the strategy that CSC uses since I have received several emails concerning this. Of the three reporting services CSC appears to be the only one that does this. I am amazed that Equifax is not aware of this and motivated to take action to correct the problem.

My suggestion is to start at the TOP of the organization to get resolution of your problems. If they get enough complaints perhaps it will force them to tear down the wall. Try this link:

www.csc.com/investorrelations/information.shtml

If this doesn't work do the same with Equifax! Finally, write your US and state Senators and Representatives.

I live in Texas so I called the CSC President, Robert M. Denny, in Houston (281.878.1900) and asked to speak with him or his Executive Assistant. The EA returned my call and I explained my problem. She said she would have someone call me to resolve it. I thought, ??Yeah, sure!??

Guess what? Someone did call, I explained the problem and they DID resolve it.

They also said they would investigate why I hadn??t been responded to appropriately and promptly as well. Maybe!

However, they also explained that I would have to pay for another Credit Score now that the problem was resolved as a separate firm prepares the scores for all three credit services. Bummer!

Hope this helps.

d3c7edb5, 2008-02-29, 02:53PM CST

Today I tried to dispute inaccuracies on my credit report with Equifax. Unfortunately I was redirected to CSC Credit Services. I have gotten nothing but the same runaround from Equifax AND CSC Credit Services. I am going to file complaints with both agencies and complain to the creditor that uses Equifax??s flawed credit reporting bureau. Thank you for offering a phone number to contact CSC Credit Services directly. The President is no longer at CSC Credit Services and his Executive Assistant is not in that department and cannot help with complaint issues. I was given the phone number 866-890-5690 to contact on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday from 8-4 CST to contact because they are working on system upgrades for the next 3 weeks and could not help me today (Friday) even if they were answering the phone because they are unable to access any account information on Tuesday and Friday. How convenient?? I will see on Monday.

3ae3d705, 2008-07-14, 08:30PM CDT

i have the same proplem too with CSC and Equifax. for disputing and no respond i dont know what else to do

efd6127a, 2008-07-31, 01:38PM CDT

thank you for the phone #. I was really frustrated w/ the brick wall of trying to talk w/ a live person..

747c50ba, 2008-08-08, 05:02PM CDT

About 3 weeks ago, my husband & I contracted the CSC office in Dallas (CSC Credit Services P.O. Box 619054 Dallas TX 75261-9054) to help us with credit repair, as we are working on securing a mortgage for a new home.

We checked on the credibility of the agency and were assured that everything was legitimate.

Well, since it's been about a week to ten days since we've heard anything, my husband began trying to call yesterday to check on things. The rep's name that was supposedly helping us was Todd Sowell. Well, after a full day of getting a recording when the phone number that we had was called, today, my husband called the real estate agent & the mortgage company agent to inquire about a possible number change or problems with the lines. (A hurricane did just hit the Texas border a few weeks ago, so we thought that might have been the problem.)

No! He's a crook. He took our money and ran. The mortgage company agent was extremely apologetic and said that the company (CSC) that Todd was "working" through was very credible, but Todd, apparently, was not!

Well, thanks. I feel so much better now!

Mostly, I just needed to vent, but I would like to hear from anyone who has any suggestions.

Thanks for letting me go on. I appreciate any helpful suggestions!

Frustrated In Arkansas

27b74c93, 2008-09-15, 11:22AM CDT

you can go to the federal trade commission's website at www.ftc.gov under the file a complaint tab and file your complaint online.

78c65be3, 2009-10-17, 12:01PM CDT

Same here. I had someone open an account in my name in Atlanta, Georgia. I live in Oklahoma. Every other company, including Sears (the company the card was opened with in my name), handled their side fairly quickly. I received a letter from CSC yesterday (a month later) stating that they will not change anything until I send them all this information. Why would I want to do that considering I just had my identity stolen??? Shouldn't they contact me by phone to VERIFY it is me???

39543a91, 2009-12-04, 12:23PM CST

Our credit has been excellent and still is. We got a new vehicle and were going for a low rate, and we did get the rate. Only to recieve 2 letters from other banks sayin that they could not approve us after we had already been approved with Toyota. I immediately went to LIFELOCK and signed up because I felt like someone might be using our identity fraudualently. I have not been able to get in touch with CSC CREDIT SERVICES, only a phone number with a dead end.

c357f03a, 2010-11-30, 01:55PM CST

It seem that CSC is a totally unregulated organization that invades people's privacy without any accountability. It is impossible to speak with them on the phone despite their illegal actions. Something needs to be done to make these "Sharks" accountable for exploiting people's privacy.

7a85f606, 2011-08-24, 10:44AM CDT

Cannot get ahold of any live representatives to answer a simple Hate this automated crap. Don't have time to run to the post office seeing how they want everything in writing these days no wonder america is going down hill so fast worts cutomer service.

85a7b87b, 2012-05-01, 03:15PM CDT

I strongly feel that CSC Credit Service AKA CSC Credit Bureau who is also affiliated with EQUIFAX Credit Bureau or Visa Versa should be reported to Federal Consumer Finance Protection Agency Tel Number 1-855-237-2392. I have been trying to correct a simple TXU Emergy reporting error in the amount 0f $73.30 Which was paid months ago. I sent EQUIFAX a letter from TXU ENERGY stating this was a mistake as was already ages ago. All Credit Bureaus made the correction except EQUIFAX, who stated they receive the letter, but could not correct it because it was the responsibility of their affiliate CSC Credit Service who had to do it. I guess they don't talk to each other. What a waste of time this has been. Equitable and CSC still have not made the Correction. I guess I will have to file suit in Small Claims Court to get it done.

85a7b87b, 2012-05-01, 03:21PM CDT

Yong G., 2012-12-18, 11:20AM CST

how to file a suit to CSC in Small Claim Court? I think CSC has been playing dirty games on naive people, and this bad act IS permitted by Equifax.