Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

Posted on Saturday, June 24th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 05be3ca2

Company: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse

June 23, 2006

I recently ordered items from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse from vouchers I received in the amount of $210.oo each. I sent a check for the total amount. Upon receipt of the items I ordered there were additional COD charges added to the amount I had already paid in full. Unfortunately, there is no contact information on these vouchers other than the address, which is in Dallas, TX. I paid COD on one of the items, which was extremely expensive and I refused the other item. However, they have already cashed my check and I did not receive the second order which should be paid in full. Please forward this complaint to the appropriate person and advise me as to how I can retrieve my money in full from this company and prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you in advance for your assistance. My contact information is as follows:

Marilyn

Stockton, CA 95206

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_54121#

80dcb809, 2008-01-10, 03:30AM CST

yes i ordered items from there and both were damaged, a computer was 1 it was supposed to be brand new computer but when i got it it had 75 errors/viruses, now i paid for a leather coat on 12/21/07.... paid in full, i still have not received the coat

i also received a stereo which did not work and all items are PAID IN FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

80dcb809, 2008-01-10, 04:29AM CST

I already said what i have 2 say!!!!!! i need refunded I want my coat!!!!!!!!!

d41b6e46, 2008-03-08, 01:30PM CST

Call the FTC Federal Trade Commission and the US Attorney's office in your state to file complaints. Because they are doing business interstate they are required to follow the federal laws for interstate commerce. You can also notify the department of commerce these are all listed in your yellow pages book. Good luck.

cee0dfc8, 2008-04-08, 04:12AM CDT

I, also, ordered what I thought was suppose to be a new computer and sent a check for payment in full along with the $400.00 voucher toward it. I recieved the monitor (big, old) one day and the following day FedEx brought the pc. This part had a COD charge of almost another $100.00 of which I didn't have so of course FedEx didn't leave it. It was returned and the monitor following. I'm wondering now if I will be refunded my money. I feel very gullible and ripped off. I've been "renting" a computer for over a year now and was hoping to get rid of that huge weekly payment. How do I get my refund?

8fe43494, 2008-06-13, 12:32PM CDT

I too am a sucker, as Im discovering today. I sent 2 money orders , 1 for a dell desktop & 1 for an rca stereo. Fed Ex came but wanted a 65.00 COD charge paid before I could have my package, I didnt pay & Im sure the 2nd package will be the same. I e-mailed the clearinghouse sweepstakes place but after reading up on how many people have been ripped off, I guess Im expecting to be screwed too. Thats almost 500.00 down the drain, I am SOOOO friggin pissed!!!

7ab8d4be, 2008-07-08, 01:39PM CDT

i too ordered from the vouchers and paid in full and then heard nothing i ordered the digital camera for my oldest daughter and she wanted it when she goes in to deliver her 5th child but instead i have to tell her that i was ripped off. i even tried e-mailing the company and calling, the phone call was really a dead end it was pre-recorded and the recording told me that there was an outstanding balance of $0.00, so i want to thank all of you for the take action numbers listed above

35949eee, 2008-08-26, 11:52AM CDT

This really isn't in the form of a complaint,but an observation, and a question. I ordered a Stereo from your company sometime ago, and though very pleased with the merchandise, I had to pay 75.00 in what I assume, was postage and handling fees. That was an observation. Now to the question. I live in New York, and am unclear as to the amount of postage, shipping fees, etc. that are entailed in mailing items and such. I feel that your company should make mention of this, and even display the amounts of postage due on these items,as mail order companies do. That way, I can factor in the amount and send it on to you,and there won't be the headache of missing the mail (I'm at work during the day) and having to go far out of my way to the darn post office to make the payment. I recently sent in my voucher and money order for a terrific sewing machine, but alas I'm at a loss as to the postage due amount, and how long before the arrival of my order. If at all convenient for you, can you email me this information, as it would be greatly appreciated, and I can get a sense of what I can do on my part. Thank you for your kind attention.

My contact information will be listed below.

4c0b808f, 2008-09-04, 07:01AM CDT

For all of those who were suckered into this: 1) if you paid by CC contact your CC company and file a fraud report with them; if you used you debit/checking account do the same thing. Make sure you contact them..... 2) the only other thing you can really do is contact the attorney geberal for your state and file a complaint

Anonymous, 2008-09-20, 02:04PM CDT

I Just want to say that I have aphone I want to return. I thought it was a cordless. where and how do I send it? Thanks Mary Dominguez

cd55dd6e, 2008-10-09, 11:13AM CDT

do i only send the voucher or how do i do it in order to recieve my order

46eb3c74, 2008-10-10, 09:34AM CDT

I know this response is really late but there direct number is 2149157100.

cd9dbef8, 2008-10-21, 02:18PM CDT

Well thank god I found this before I ordered anything. I received a letter in the mail and it had all these vouchers. I looked it up online to see if it was a scam and it turns out it is. According to this article.

de2c4b4d, 2008-11-05, 07:36AM CST

o my god i dont belive it, i just went on line to email them about the lay a way plan thay have and i see all thease scames that thay did, is any one helping you get your money back? cant thay be stoped? how long do thay think thay can keep doing this? do you try to call them? man iam so glad you put this in hear or i would never have known. thanks bonnie, and good luck, get them good!

189798b6, 2008-11-09, 02:40PM CST

Nov. 9, 2008

Last November I bought the PC from Sweepstakes Clearinghouse through lay-away. I too was upset over the additional delivery charge but I went on and purchased the computer. The first one had stuff missing on the hard drive so I couldn't load certain programs. I returned it and received a second one. Through the transactions, I ended up with an additional set of speakers and a second keyboard. When I had questions about the computer and setting it up, there was a 1-800 number for me to call and get assistance. I found the item to be not new, but I knew that when I bought it. I bought a good used computer.

48a389cf, 2008-11-10, 03:15PM CST

I have been ordering from this company for years and, the product are usually awesome; however last x-mas there was many issues like the product did'n look like there pictures they were really cheep. I wrote a long letter to the company as to why i was sending a few of the items back with all the account numbers and, my money was promptly return. Another issue was the way the product arrived boxes were broken, bent and some was in very bad shape. I spent over &200.00 Dollars on a Casio it's something like an organ or pinao that came with a bench well the bench was shiped taped to the outside of the casio , but it got broken in shipping i then called the company and the product was sent back. I was told that the bench will be sent out as soon as the broken one wsa received. I waited a couple of weeks to make sure that they got the product back in which they did. I have called several times and every time i heard that the product will be sent to me in so many weeks. it's been almost one year to the day and, i still have not received it.But i found out that when you write them you get results so, i am going to do this today. This ststement is from Becky in Ohio

77a49653, 2008-11-12, 09:47AM CST

Why don't you try calling them. With the internet today you can find phone numbers.

A couple for their address are 214-915-7202 and 214-915-7206. I am sure if they get enough phone complaints they will stop doing what they are doing. I would also suggest calling the Better Business Bureau in Texas and filing a formal complaint. The BBB will then investigate. You can also contact the DA of the courts in that area and pursue pressing charges on fraud and theft. Maybe if enough people do this either the company will be legally closed down or they will start doing what they promise to do.

Barbara

Ashland, Virginia

093ea59f, 2008-11-28, 07:26PM CST

If you read very carefully they say that are refurbished computers.

I got my first computer but my boyfriend had to open it to hook up the DVD so I could put Norton's etc. on it. No COD came with mine it was free.

Thank God for you people I was just going to buy a LAPTOP refurbished from them THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

[email protected]

093ea59f, 2008-11-28, 07:28PM CST

If you read very carefully they say that are refurbished computers.

[email protected]

f1901156, 2008-12-02, 11:54AM CST

I've been reading all the complaint and I can't understand why all the problems.

I've been doing business with them for over 25 years and no problems at all. Nothing I have ordered has been used. All have been brand new straight from the manufacters.

I am never charged a C.O.D. If you have a problem with them, e-mail them. They usually reply within 3 business days.

16c78b5a, 2008-12-27, 04:08PM CST

i just wanted to say that everything i've heard about this company from this site is not true. a couple years ago my dad turned me on to them. and i bought my first stereo. and then a little while later i purchased the digital camera. and have purchased a laptop computer yes it was refurbished but ive had it now 4 yrs/ used it for my business and just gave it to my son for christmas. and now im getting ready to call them about the security surveilance system for my retail store. they have been really good. and i make my payments over the phone not by mail. and then the s/h is added to the bill i've never paid anything when it arrives. i am wondering if you got the wrong company.

1f9974bf, 2009-01-18, 03:56PM CST

Hello, I understand just what you are talking. I order a computer from them a few years back and it was suppose to be a dell desktop and printer come with it and speakers. None of the things came with it and not even a micro soft word documents and yeah speakers came with it but not the right ones. yeah they are getting rich off of people.

911cd29d, 2009-01-24, 06:59AM CST

The same thing happened to me,I bought stuff from these guys before,but I did the layaway plan and didn't seem to have any problems,except poor quality electronics.

This time I bought a chronograph watch for a x-mass gift so I paid the full amount upfront for the first time.It arrived just in time for x-mass with a suprise extra $22.c.o.d.charge.I noticed I couldn't find any reply attachments,like a return address or numbers to talk to customer service.we were happy with the watch any way so we didn't worry about it right away untill the watch broke about 3weeks after x-mass and now we don't know how to get it fixed or replaced.

Marilyn

Seattle,WA 98188

2ed5a509, 2009-01-26, 01:28PM CST

Same thing Happend to me they send me a laptop,is used and much more is to old about 8yrs.

088451d0, 2009-02-11, 10:57AM CST

I've been getting these in the mail for years. I have always just tossed them. If it seems too good to be true, it almost always is. This time, I thought 'We could use a good surround sound systemn for the TV, so maybe this is the one to get.' My son just paid $250 for an RCA home theater system, so this looked like maybe a better deal. But FIRST, let's check google. OMG! No way! I looked for the DVC camcorder first. It sells for $95-$110 everywhere. The stereo I couldn't find so easily. Someone had a link to a wholesaler, where it sells for $205, and that was an older model. With no specs whatsoever, steer a wide berth around this. It is overpriced junk. RCA is known for making junk. It's called BPC. That means Black Plastic Crap. When RCA sold their interest in the company, it went downhill fast. You can't get something for nothing, and NO ONE is going to give you anything worth having. Save your money, folks.

3732b45b, 2009-02-16, 02:40PM CST

I have the strangest feeling that I am being ripped for a computer from this company and the delivery charges are ridicolus. I wish I could reverse it I will never make this mistake again. I can honestly say had I known all this at first i would have to continued to thrash thier letters. Please help me understand why there are so many ripoff people always scheming to get the elderly like me I am a widow on disablilty and it is not easy to spend this money each month help in the name of Jesus.

0e9456a2, 2009-07-17, 05:45PM CDT

Well I am another sucker born today. I just received my laptop. I entered the product key numbers, and surprise, they are not the right numbers to use!! I am to send back the computer, after I wait 3 to 5 days for the UPS label. I then return the computer and wait and wait and wait if they decide to send me a (new and improved version??)

Totally disappointed in them. Shame on you! I will wait and see how this comes out. Prove me wrong and I will owe you an apology!

aea72561, 2009-08-10, 09:20AM CDT

I can't believe this!!!

i recieved the vouchers and i called them to ask if this was true and they told me it was and that i only had to add $65 dollars more for shipping on the money order, but i haven't sent it yet, im still thinking about it, but after seeing all this i don't think is good to trust them, what if they send me a product that has been used already!!!

95e5f68c, 2009-11-02, 11:35AM CST

I too was told that I won $400. off several itemss. I ordered three of them. No where did it talk about S&H. I got my comformation statements in the mail about a week later. Thank Goodness I changed my mind & did the lay a way. They charged me $175. for shipping. I called them & told them to cancel all orders & to send back laya way fees. Can you believe they tried to sell me something else on the jphone. I told them I would never buy again from them. I don't buy from dishonested businesses.

5a521dd7, 2009-11-19, 08:21AM CST

I Leroy Carter,

Srnt A money order and a order form on or abput 11-7,-2009.Can you please email me and tell me if you got my order.

Leroy Carter

11b91dab, 2009-12-19, 05:45PM CST

i have order a 32 freedom cookw/cuisinart! and paid for it from a300 dollar vocher i paid 114.57 they wrote a letter saying they they receive my money and i would get it soon and that was the 8th of dec have not receive it yet i need an attorney

f87d6e07, 2010-01-04, 12:17PM CST

On the back of the vouchers is their satisfaction guarantee below the email line which states "I understand I have a satisfaction of merchandise or refund of money guarantee, and if not completely satisfied upon my inspection, I may return the merchandise within 30 days of delivery. Merchandise will be shipped promptly, (plus shipping and handling). To expedite delivery of your merchandise claim, checks are processed electronically, will be debited upon receipt and will not be returned by your bank. Texas residence add applicable sales tax".

09a17d04, 2010-01-13, 03:30PM CST

You can reach us at:

Mail: 1555 Regal Row ? Dallas, TX 75247

Telephone: (214) 915-7100

EMail: [email protected]

I did a reverse search on the phone number on whitepages.com and the phone number is listed as Sweepstakes Clearinghouse.

Hope this helps you all!!

42699b34, 2010-01-14, 12:47PM CST

d1ec7811, 2010-03-10, 08:24PM CST

Thank you so much for writing your comments on here. I just received my free vouchers today March 10th saying my deadline to use them was on the 15th. I was just about to mail one back for the laptop, when on a last minute whim, I decided to google the company online to see if they were real. Thank goodness I did that! Sorry about what you had to go through.

Sincerely,

Leah

6eb9c2d7, 2010-03-12, 08:30PM CST

This is ashamed, that a company this large want tell you in advance, about the shipping and handling, I looked at the small print, and not one time does it say include shipping and handling or you must pay COD, this is a bad way to treat customers that pay in advance, this same thing happen to me, and it was a surprise for my husband(HE LOVES TO PLAY CHEF and he had to pay the COD, and that was wrong.

THEY SOON WILL GET THEIR SHARE OF BAD NEWS. Also, when you call the msg says this company has been business for over 20 years plus TOP QUALITY PRODUCTS, and treat their customers with the UTMOST,how do they figure that out

I also, just ordered a camera, for total of $27. It was to be a 2and1 camera and web cam, it was a smaller than a 3x5 card, thinner than a cell phone and no 3aaa batteries, so that was untrue also.After all of that, they had the nerve to send me some advistement with the same thing but included the COD price, it was only 19.99.

6eb9c2d7, 2010-03-12, 08:46PM CST

I notice you are the only one in 4years that have said somehthing good about this company, this is my first and last, I ordered the pot set with my voucher and it was for my husband birthday and he had to pay the COD, well that was nice at all.

WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL THE REST OF US HOW DID YOU NOT PAY FOR COD,this will be interesting to here

413c12b9, 2010-03-15, 11:15PM CDT

I also recently ordered a item from sweepstake clearinghouse and upon reciving my item they charged me $30.41 c.o.d. charge,the problem is the item was $69.95 so i send them a $80.00 money order and they still charged me $30.41 and the item was all broke to peices and i have no way of getting in contact with them. I contact ups. and they said they would come cheack the item and if it turn out to be demaged then they would pay clearinghouse but it's my job to get clearinghouse to reburst me.

5db4ad17, 2010-05-10, 01:17PM CDT

hello i ordered a mans gold watch from you and i thought i only had to pay just the $49.95 which i made a check out in that amount and now the ups people tell me i have to pay $2o.95 more for COD due whats up with that

3a762e1c, 2010-05-12, 01:21PM CDT

i just received the same but for 400.00 i want to order the cam how much are cod it dont say nothing about that in the total or mag & there is no number

3e62a2f1, 2010-10-07, 11:13AM CDT

I was going to make an order until I read all of this. For now on, I am throwing all the mail in the garbage.

Thankyou

53a5f8b6, 2010-10-12, 11:03AM CDT

I too am lucky I checked out the complaints. I got stuck by Home Annex once, and never received a refund nor a drain I had ordered. The Clearninghouse outfit looks like another scam outfit.

Pat S.

0f5d1c99, 2010-10-15, 09:02AM CDT

I received a message stating that I won something from clearing house and began receiving vouchers but i've never heard of it before i only know of publishers clearing house. aside from that i need to know more information about it because later i received a credit card from them stating that i had so much money on it can you give me more information.

6f4116da, 2010-10-20, 06:05PM CDT

i ordered items a camera and four camera security system and i got the camer but not th security system can you help me with this janie at 817-923-4410 or email me [email protected]

both checks have cleared my bank the one for the items and the shipping and handling one please if you can help me

3501 w fuller ave fort worth tx 76133

2db828f7, 2010-10-27, 12:48PM CDT

Hi,I ordered 3 items from you,Can I put what I payed on two of them toward the one.I ordered a stereo and computer from you but I don"t need them anymore cause a family member gave me both,but I need to know for what I already paid on the stereo&the computer can you put it toward the cookware I ordered.Please let me know.I have no complaints so far.You have always been good to me.Thank You:

f78349c7, 2010-10-30, 09:16AM CDT

The additional COD charges are shipping and handling. I'm not sure why they do it this way and don't let you know. On the layaways the shipping and handling is supposed to be included in the price, but I am waiting to see before I order anything else from them. I have been satisfied with items I have purchased so far.

cb1599b2, 2010-11-11, 02:45PM CST

[email protected]et;[email protected];[email protected]

7340f017, 2011-01-18, 10:15PM CST

I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAVE RECEIVED REFUNDS PROMPTLY AND LOTS OF MERCHANDISE. I HAVE EVEN BEEN SHORT A FEW DOLLARS AND THE MERCHANDISE WAS STILL SHIPPED.

d4dfc62d, 2011-02-03, 09:52AM CST

i order a a 20-pc iron cookware color red .It was shiped 2-21-10. my account # is 26086724. i lost my job and I couldn't pay the shipping and handling,so I wrote you all to refund my money back. I heard nothing. i will like my money. It's been over a year. Please repose. thank you Linda Gilmore

02f1b164, 2011-02-24, 11:58AM CST

i am in the same boat as you I got a computer from them and it was refurbished and the power went out on it. I sent it back and it took 2 weeks to get the label and now it has been a month since I was able to get on the internet.

f2c3e41b, 2011-08-28, 02:01PM CDT

I cancelled check, one item was to be payments. costs 15 dollars to cancel.Finally they shipped the 3rd item.Shipping from TX,60 or 70 bucks.IM SORRY they a slow company.LEGITIMATE. PUBLISHERS CLEARINGHOUSE

Mary L., 2012-11-20, 09:29PM CST

11/20/12

I ordered a Android tablet on 10/29/12 the check was cashed and of this date I have not recieved it. I made out a check for 159.95, I would like to either you sent it asap or refund my money. I will seek an attorney if this is not settle.

45920348, 2013-02-05, 12:52PM CST

Was about to order with my $400. Vouchers but after reading these problems I will not. Most likely done with PCH...