Frigidaire Side-by-Side Refrigerator / compressor

Posted on Friday, June 23rd, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by c15d59a4

Company: Frigidaire Side-by-Side Refrigerator / compressor

Frigidaire Side-by-Side Refrigerator / compressor

June 22, 2006

I bought a Frigidaire Side by Side refrigerator from Lowes June 13, 2004. We paid over $1100 for model number FRS26LF8CS1 In July of 2005 my husband walked into our kitchen and saw water all over the floor.

We opened our freezer and everything thawed. The refrigerator side was barely cooling.

Neither of the ice or water dispensers worked and appeared frozen. We called one of the registered repair service centers in town and they sent someone out.

Our warranty covered the parts for a new piece of equipment in the door.

But we still paid over a $100 for his visit and diagnostic. Not to mention the loss of all of our food. Two days ago, June 20, 2006, it happened again. Water was everywhere and the refrigerator thawed out all of our food.

To make matters worse, my husband just went shopping and all of our food is spoiling. I decided this time to call the company. I spoke with a rep. and asked him if this refrigerator was recalled. I was concerned that a new refrigerator shouldn't be breaking down this way and this often. His answer was no. But he agreed to provide me with a concession to cover the cost of the parts. As I was on hold, I started surfing the internet and found dozens of complaints just like mine. Similar models, same problem with Frigidaire. Because I told him what I was seeing, he decided to also offer me a concession for the labor for this new visit. I'm truly disappointed. I feel taken advantage of and truthfully, I think I'd be better off buying an ice chest to store my food. My refrigerator looks pretty but that's about all. The fly in the ointment, I have two other Frigidaire products, a dishwasher and a drop-in electric range. Say a prayer for me, that they keep working. Sandi

Richmond, VA 23238