PODS - PODS - Failure to respond

Posted on Wednesday, June 21st, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 47f6ac2b

Company: PODS

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

Update on Failure to Respond: Possibly the last email I sent with Complaints.com added as a copy to finally got results. The monthly fees on the POD were adjusted and I am now being charged for the services I should be.

Thanks,

June 21, 2006 - Consumer Message:

You have refused to acknowledge my emails. I have given enough notice to you at this time for the fee for storage at the Warehouse to be changed to onsite storage. If you continue to ignore these emails and my request I will resort to small claims court to remedy the situation.

Maureen

Referring to below I am not clear on the customer service aspect of PODS Inc. I can possibly understand reserving warehouse space for the first month but I thought the point of PODS was flexibility. Also how many unreserved spots for 16' containers are available at the Melville NY warehouse at this time? Going forward I want to switch to onsite storage. I think this is enough of a notice to do that. If not I guess for the next few months I will have to make other arrangements. Below is the heading of the 5/17/06 email with my PODS account number. My first email also had my address on it. I left my phone number when I called. So I don't understand why it was so hard to get back to me to resolve this.

Subject: 18819639 Date: 5/17/2006 10:30:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time From: CardHoldr

Subject: 18819639

Date: 5/17/2006 10:30:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Reply To:

To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_75068#

CC:

BCC:

Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Internet Address Card Attached

I would appreciate someone getting back to me as soon as possible. Email is best but if you must call 516-783-0sss. Maureen Seaford NY 11783

In a message dated 5/25/2006 7:07:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_75068# writes:

There is no billing adjustment to be made. By ordering the POD via the Website and requesting Warehouse Storage, you reserved a space in the Warehouse. Because of this, you will continue to be billed at the warehouse storage pricing for the duration of the rental of your PODS unit.

It should also be noted that your first e-mail was received, however, your first and last name are reversed on the account which made it impossible to locate your account by name. This time you also provided your PODS Customer ID number, and I was able to research the account and respond promptly. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:35 PM

To: Michael Stahl

Subject: Fwd: 18819639 Billing Adjustment

Since you haven't resolved this issue and the bill is due on 5/25, which I will pay on-line I am paying $156.41, which is the second month with discount, plus $10.83 for 5 moving pads total 167.24. I still expect an adjustment on the first month and to pay the discount on the third month.

In a message dated 5/23/2006 2:04:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, CardHoldr writes:

I have emailed and made a phone call pertaining to an adjustment in the billing. This is the second email. I am storing the POD in my driveway and this is the second month so please make whatever adjustment to the invoice and I will pay on line.

Please get back to me asap.

Thanks

In a message dated 5/17/2006 10:30:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, CardHoldr writes:

Seaford NY 11783

I originally was going to have the POD I'm using stored at the warehouse but so far it looks like I'll be keeping it in my driveway for the duration. Since the website is being updated I'm unable to see what the price difference is for not using the warehouse. In addition I thought there was some sort of discount for use the POD for 3 months.

Please let me know so that the bill can be adjusted.

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Subj: RE: 18819639 Billing Adjustment

Date: 5/25/2006 7:07:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

From: mstahl

To: CardHoldr

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:35 PM

To: Michael Stahl

Subject: Fwd: 18819639 Billing Adjustment

Please get back to me asap.

Seaford NY 11783

Please let me know so that the bill can be adjusted.

54919442, 2008-08-05, 06:04PM CDT

I hate PODS. They deceived me on cost and how much stuff actually fits in the container. I purchased the insurance, they broke somethings, and now won't do jack! Don't use them!!!!!

fbdaed80, 2008-10-13, 10:19PM CDT

PODS, Inc. states that they possess a legal contract for $1,600 because they so stated during a phone conversation. I have a mild hearing impairment and heard no such statement. Further, the statement of the total amount due was never repeated or confirmed in any manner. I asked for a written and binding estimate or billing for all costs due minus the $413.00 required in secure delivery and have the Pod delivered to my present residence. Pod, Inc. did send a complex legal document concerning their limits of responsibilities, but no contract or any other written document was or has been provided.

During a subsequent conversation with a POD representative, I again inquired or asked to have confirmed the total costs. I was told multiple times that the total charges would be $995.00 - 413.00= $582.00 due when the POD was delivered to my new residence in Harrisonburg, VA on or about Oct. 17, 2008.

When I again called today to request that the POD be picked up on Oct. 17th and delivered the following day, the PODS representative stated (as completely different from the prior representative) that they would have to take the PODS to storage in Hampton, VA and then move it again to Winchester, VA for another period of storage and then, as convenient fro a driver, get around to the actual delivery of the POD sometime between Oct. 24th to 26th. Further, they stated I would have to pay another $413.00 each for these two "required" periods of storage and transportation. When I objected and restated that I had to report to a new job on Oct 20th, their position was we refuse to alter OUR schedules and YOU WILL pay the additional storage costs or we will just pick up the POD and keep your deposit of $413.00

During my initial discussions I clearly set the parameters that the POD was to be delivered on Oct 7, 2008, picked up on Oct 15, 2008 and transported immediately to Harrisonburg, VA. Since I had to report to my new teaching position in Rockingham County Public Schools on October 20, 2008, it was crucial that these timelines rule.

The PODS representative/salesperson agreed to all stipulations. However today I was told in no uncertain terms that I was required to pay the additional storage fees, which I NEVER requested and moving costs and they would not deliver until some 6 days after I am to begin work. They refused to deliver the POD directly as I had initially asked and then insisted that if I did not "come up with" an additional $700 which they intended to charge to my credit card tonight absent my knowledge or approval.

There exists no written contract that states all costs and fees, conditions, delivery and pickup dates, any possible penalty fees and dates when I must pay balances due. PODS, Inc. intended to ??take?? my money some 13 days prior to the estimated delivery date of Oct. 26 and POD provided absolutely no oral or written disclosure of the requirement to store the PODS I rented twice in two different cities and charge me $200 for each storage event rather than delivering the PODS to my new residence in Harrisonburg, VA as I had requested and a condition to which PODS agreed.

The actions by PODS, Inc. are grossly dishonest, improper, misleading, and disingenuous PODS, Inc failed in every respect to provide a valid contract for services in spite of multiple requests on my part.

ab04eec8, 2009-01-30, 11:31AM CST

I would like to inform consumers Not to Use PODS at all. Please start boycotting them. You are not covered by anything covering agency if you use PODS.

If your furniture is damaged while in a POD you are not protected in any way shape or form. They will not file any insurance because they do not have it and their philosophy is 'oh we are so sorry but too bad'

My furniture was stored in Pods from April 7th 2008 until December 22, 2008 when I discovered that my furniture was soaked. I have been repeatedly asking the Pod franchise to replace my furniture however they have not investigated the furniture but me which has nothing to do with the my furniture being dry and in good shape and coming out of the pods soaked with water and damaged beyond belief.

My furniture is making me sick and it is in my garage. Every time I try to see what I can salvage - I get sick and end up in the Hospital. Plus they refer back to their Franchises and back their franchises even if the Franchise is lying. They have wiped me out on all my furnishings and appliances from the water damage done by their pod.

I have sent e-mails to the Lawyers, President, called on the phone. Now I am calling all the states Sales and Use Tax Division and filing complaints and causing investigations - I started with California because they are the toughest to go thru.

I am going to have to get a lawyer to take this to court and also to go to the Media this weekend

I would also warn that if you use First Choice Franchise of PODS in West Easton, PA you will be treated with a very rude and slanderous man. The POD Company itself will not work with you or file any claims because they have no insurance to cover the PODS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!!