Citibank Credit Card Signup Bait and Switch Scam and Fraud

Posted on Sunday, June 18th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by cc147284

Company: Citibank Credit Card Signup Bait and Switch Scam and Fraud

Citibank Credit Card Signup Bait and Switch Scam and Fraud

June 17, 2006

I was on the NY Times website a few months ago. I noticed an ad on the top right from Citibank. It said sign up for a Citicard and get a $100 Visa gift card after your first purchase. I signed up, was accepted and a week later had my card. I made a purchase. My first bill came and no card. I called customer service and they said it could take 6-8 weeks. So I waited...and waited. 2 months later I called and was told that I wasn't supposed to get the gift card, but they would give me an ipod shuffle after I spent $500. I asked to speak with a superviser and told him what happened. I was shocked when he said that there was nothing he could do because it was "in the system". I told him that I wouldn't have signed up and I don't like Ipod Shuttles. Same answer. I tried the process again with a different supervisor, who was very nasty. I had Citibank accounts for more than 30 years. I wish I hadn't. I've never been treated that way by any customer service. This is a classic Bait and Switch, and if I had the time I'd sue the bastards in small claims court. Phil Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_9022#