TRANSCRIPTS / WES World Education Services

Posted on Saturday, July 8th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 1bbed273

Company: TRANSCRIPTS / WES World Education Services

TRANSCRIPTS / WES World Education Services

July 7, 2006

I am writing this to complain about WES - World Education Services > Bowling Green Station

> P.O. Box 5087

> New York, NY 10274-5087

> p: 212-966-6311 f: 212-739-6100

> www.wes.org The following is the nature and detail of my dispute with the merchant, Word Education Services, herein referred to as "WES": On October 13, 2004, I submitted an application to WES for the Educational evaluation of my foreign academic credentials. This type of evaluation serves the purpose of representing my foreign academic degree to prospective employers & universities in the U.S. equivalent format. TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I HAD SENT ALL THE DOCUMENTS NECESSARY FOR THE EVALUATION OF MY TRANSCRIPTS MYSELF INCLUDING: 1)PHOTOCOPY OF DIPLOMA (IN PORTUGUESE) 2)SEALED ENVELOPE FROM INSTITUTION IN BRAZIL WHICH WERE SENT TO ME AND THEN FOWARDED TO WES CONTAINING TRANSCRIPTS IN PORTUGUESE WHICH THEY ALLEGEDLY NEVER RECEIVED AND THAT ARE MISSING. 3) 2 OFFICIAL TRANSLATION DOCUMENTS WORTH U$90 4) APPLICATION W/ CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION THE MOTIVE OF MY COMPLAINT IS THE LOSS OF MY TRANSCRIPTS WHICH CAME INSIDE THE YELLOW ENVELOPE WHICH THEY COULDN'T MISS BECAUSE IT'S A BIG ENVELOPE. THESE TRANSCRIPTS WERE SENT IN PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE SINCE THE UNIVERSITY DOES NOT SUBMIT ANY DOCUMENTATION IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE THAN PORTUGUESE. THESE TRANSCRIPTS HAVE A BIG UNIVERSITY CREST STAMPED IN THE MIDDLE, AND A HOLOGRAPHIC STAMP. AFTER RECEIVING A LETTER SAYING THAT MY DOCUMENTATION WAS INCOMPLETE AND THAT THE DOCUMENTS I SENT WERE IN ENGLISH THEREFORE THEY WOULD NEED ME TO SEND THE PORTUGUESE VERSION OF MY TRANSCRIPTS, I CALLED THEM, AND OVER THE PHONE I CHECK ON EACH DOCUMENT OF THEIR POSSESSION TO REALIZE THAT THE DOCUMENTS THAT THEY REQUESTED WAS SENT, BUT THEY JUST COULDN'T FIND IT - YES, THEY HAD LOST IT. I ONLY REALIZED IT BECAUSE MY FATHER HAD TO GO FOR THE 2ND TIME TO THE INSTITUTION IN BRAZIL TO REQUEST THE DOCUMENTS IN PORTUGUESE, WHEN OVER THERE HE FOUND OUT THAT THEY ONLY SUBMIT DOCUMENTS IN PORTUGUESE, THAT'S OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE, THEREFORE WES WAS LIEING WHEN THEY SAID THEY GOT ONLY DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH (WHICH WAS THE ORIGINAL TRANSLATION) - THEY HAD THE YELLOW ENVELOPE WHICH WAS USED BY THE INSTITUTION IN BRAZIL TO SEND THE TRANSCRIPTS, BUT WES DENIED HAVING ANY PORTUGUESE TRANSCRIPTS. AFTER REALIZING THE FACT THAT THEY LOST MY OFFICIAL PORTUGUESE TRANSCRIPTS, I REQUESTED THROUGH A LETTER A REFUND OF THE PAYMENT & MY DOCUMENTS (WHATEVER THEY HAD, TO BE SENT BACK TO ME), WHICH I DIDN'T GET ANY ANSWER FOR THEIR PART, SO I HAD TO CALL THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO OPEN A DISPUTE TO GET MY $160 BACK. REGARDING MY OFFICIAL TRANSLATION DOCUMENTS, THESE I NEVER SEEN BACK, I HAD TO PAY $90 TO GET THEM TRANSLATED AND THEY REFUSED TO SEND BACK TO ME SINCE I CANCELLED THEIR SERVICES. THE WORST THING IS THAT WES IS A VIRTUAL COMPANY, THEY DON'T HAVE A STORE LOCATION WHERE YOU COULD GO THERE AND TALK TO A PHYSICAL PERSON. EVERYTHING IS OVER INTERNET & TELEPHONE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST POSSIBLE, WHEN YOU ASK FOR A MANAGER OR SOMEONE HIGHER THEY WOULD NOT TRANSFER YOUR CALL, SAYING IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. THEY DON'T HAVE ANYBODY HELPFUL AND THEY ARE LIERS, AND DO THEIR JOB IN A LOUSY WAY. --

Iae

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_54722#

a4db4c2d, 2007-11-01, 12:36PM CDT

My wife from Russia is having the same type of problem. I believe we did our part, but World Education Services (WES) so far won't do theirs. Whenever I called them I believe I was treated unprofessionally. The telephone representatives never identified themselves when they answered the phone and proceeded to speak in a tone of voice that made me feel that they didn't care about giving me the service I paid for. All answers seemed to be read from a script. I believe the people at WES are this way because they may feel that they are the only service most schools and employers accept.

WES advised us to contact the Russian "Ministry of Education" to get further documents they say are needed. We printed a request form from WES, filled it completely, and sent it to the Russian address WES provided. It didn't work. We called the Russian telephone number WES provided. That so-called "Ministry of Education" said they are a private firm (maybe another evaluation service?), and they can do nothing until they receive our documents. Of course that is impossible because WES is already holding our documents. WES refused to return those documents to us so we could get this done.

So we are at a dead end: WES has all of our original and officially sealed documents from the university, won't do the service, refuses to refund our money, and worst of all, still refuses to return our documents. One part of the application they were satisfied with (and probably won't lose) is our money. If this problem is ever resolved, I will post a follow-up.

Your experience compares to ours in another way: They refused to let us speak to a manager when we made that request. I was told that a manager can only speak to me if there is some unusual problem and my problem is a usual one. Well, if this is their usual way of doing business, they need some competition.

64715757, 2008-06-16, 09:37PM CDT

I am having the same problem with the WES they have the worst customer service and they wont give refund and they keep holding the evaluation.....isn't there any help for people who are cheated by WES.....

911b4949, 2009-01-18, 09:13PM CST

I agree with you.I am still unable to get my evaluation past one year.

Customer service is terrible.The rep is rude and immpatient.They think they are not answerble to any one.Please

don't ever use this service.I waam unable to get refund.

6cd13709, 2009-02-16, 04:05PM CST

Unfortunately there are not many choices when someone needs an evaluation of foreign credentials. I actually have a good experience with WES (they certified the right type of credentials), but I burned myself with Josef Silny & Associates (http://www.jsilny.com). They did not recognize the right equivalent education in the US, and when I sent them supporting documentation from several sources, including an international database, they said that they are using a different paid version of the same database... Nice company web site, but when the online application status said "All documents received: Yes" that did not mean much. They still requested a new application form and more money, because the one I sent was supposedly an old form (I picked it up the day before at school). A week later they wrote to me that they need original official documents. The web site asked for officials documents only, not originals, so I sent notarized copies. At the end they were very sorry, but their professional opinion was such and such, and of course there was no refund. Josef Silny & Associates is a highly NOT RECOMMENDED company.

c8d1e2de, 2009-08-26, 02:11PM CDT

I just submitted documents (my transcript) to WES last week. I am so upset with the service they provided. So rude! I was talking and asking some questions regarding my documents with someone. It seemed like she doesn't want to spend time talking with me, just said it's processing. I called earlier before, another customer service told me that one document is lost (from three-BS,MS, and PhD.), then I called again next day with tracking number and someone said they got it just now but they couldn't find my transcipt of my Ph.D. How come! the tracking number said all my documents were received in the same day. And today I just called again she said it's processing. I don't know how to trust this company. I asked whether how about the status on WES website, which says "not received". She said just "it's processing" Then, I was asking her to about last call, which one customer service told me that one document was lost. You know what. She just hung up! So rude! and unacceptable! I would recommend people who come to read all these complaints not to do evaluation with WES. I would rather find other company! But now I just have no choices, I paid $600 already for their service. And this is what I got!

c647082a, 2009-09-24, 03:57PM CDT

I sent my transcripts and certificates to Wes (BA,MA). The universities where I graduated also sent my Transcript to Wes in English in July, 2009. In an email Wes informed me that they had got all the necessary papers.When I checked the Wes website I noticed that the name and place of the universities (both of them) where I graduated were not correct. I called Wes and I was told that one of the universities has to verify that I graduated there. I called my alma mater and they immediately faxed and also mailed my transcript and verification to Wes (3rd time!!!). Since then I called Wes at least 10 times,always I was told that they haven't got the documents!!!! Today (September 24,2009) when I called Wes again and I began to complain (waiting 35 minutes for the customer service) the agent hang up the phone! I can not apply for a job because of Wes! And on top of this they already deducted the $ 167 fee from my credit card.What can I do?

5e2c507e, 2009-11-24, 05:53AM CST

yes I'm having all the same problems - rude customer service, hangup on me, no response to emails, no help on the phone. Refusal to provide transcript, refusal to provide refund.

If anyone else is having trouble, file a complaint with

a) the NY BBB - they have the power to try and resolve disputes. THey are handling 130 complaints per quarter from WES:

(also see the file on WES at the Better Business Bureau here:

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/educational-consultants/world-education-services-inc-in-new-york-ny-9023/ )

You can complain to New York Attorney General Charities Division;

You can also post a review of them as a charity on the GuideStar database which is an important nonprofit reference site, taken seriously by funders and nonprofit researchers - they should be told that this outfit is not a legit charity but a $10m/yr money printing machine:

f9eac521, 2009-12-28, 01:57PM CST

The WES evaluation process takes forever, it is extremely complicated, not enough instructions on the website; poor customer service, over 15mins waiting time on the phone, every customer representative tells me a different thing and nobody has a clue... it's really frustrating, after spending numerous h on the phone and $175 I finally gave up...

062faf19, 2010-01-27, 03:52PM CST

File a complaint with BBB new york branch , I actually searched the complaint against WES and realized they only work ceratain nationales not offcicially , but most of the complaints against them , including myself are nationals other than those they actually render the service for .

I dont wont to bring the race thing in this matter other than saying they have established a communication with a certain country , but when it comes to other countries , they are clueless how to communicate with Ministry of education or the university itself (they dont mention that in their web site )which is something they should , not just send a photo copy and expect your evaluation in the mail , how ever , this is the exactly what happned with another evaluators , which i havent mentioned here so you wouldnt think , i am only promoting , i simply sent my credntials (original copy ) and supporting documents and a couple of weeks later i recieved my evaluation .

shame on me for doing business with annoying-disresepectful - running out business -bad costumer service people

finally , i would like to mention regarding my profession i checked that the few universites that requested WES evaluation stopped doing so , which makes me feel I am the only one who have a problem with WES

609c2883, 2010-03-03, 09:07PM CST

WES BAD BAD BAD ... Avoid!!!

Honestly, I d never thought that such a credential company (as I thought that WES should be) does business in such a terrible manner.

A shame!!!

Doesn't have customer service at all.

Tried to call 'em like 4-5 times already, in working hours , and was waiting on hold for about 25-30 ... with nobody to answer.

I don't even want to address my problem , but when one pays money for certain service , if that same one , doesn't have a chance to talk to a real person to se WHAT IS GOING ON , or WHY , WHEN , and HOW ...it is bad.

You can't just let your money go like that.

E-mailing ... worthless. Nobody cares to replay you since you already paid , they got your money , so why would they care frther , right?

By the way , what relaiable company uses a normal 212 area code numeber?

How about a 1-800 one for exchange?

Avoid!

I am sure there are better choices out there.

I paid $199 and I already kind of saying "Good bye" to 'em.

01113983, 2010-04-18, 12:49AM CDT

On January19, 2010, I submitted an application to World Education Services(WES) for the Educational evaluation of my foreign academic credentials. This type of evaluation serves the purpose of representing my foreign academic degree to prospective employers & universities in the U.S. equivalent format. Prior to this I had requested my university to send a copy of my transcript to WES which was delivered to them through FedEx on 1/19/2010.I tried calling WES from 1/19-25/ 2010 to confirm that they have received my transcript but I could not get any response. I finally sent them a mail via their web site which they replied on 1/26/2010 that they do not have my transcript as of 1/26/2010.I then called FedEx an got a signature proof of delivery for my transcript which I promptly faxed to WES to help them trace the mail. Then in a fit of anger they sent me an E-mail on 1/27/2010 saying that they are placing my file on hold and will be sending my credentials back to my school for verification.

I wrote to WES on 2/1/2010 for a refund of my money as their action depicts unwillingness on their part to continue with the evaluation. Since then I have not heard from them.

04c94e2a, 2010-05-03, 04:07PM CDT

AVOID AVOID AVOID

They are terrible. The customer service is the worst I ever seen. I had my University from Romania send them my transcripts and WES said they are not the originals so they throe them away. They missinform you on the phone, when I ask the agents name they hung up.

I would NEVER do business with them again.

4a4912ae, 2010-06-14, 04:24PM CDT

I came to know WES though Colleges requirements and I was a little "afraid" of the whole process. After I started the process I found all these complains on line and thought I would be one more to enroll the list of the unhappy customers.

Lucky, I did not have any trouble with WES [besides the fact they never answered my 3 emails and the long time waiting on the customer service line). I got my evaluation done on the day they had promised. Everything went just fine.

My advice is: DO NOT PAY BEFORE CONFIRMING THAT EVERYTHING IS OK. I just paid my balance after I talked to 2 Rep and make sure they had my docs there.

I am glad that worked just fine, I was freaking out just to imagine myself having to deal with all this. Good luck to you all.

2711f420, 2010-07-15, 12:57PM CDT

I cannot use WES Credential Evaluation Report (Ref #521338 from March 18 2004

Nobody accept this papers!

It's was just wasting my money (totally about $400 include copy.

Bad,Bad organisation..

31c8c02f, 2011-05-07, 01:16PM CDT

WES Reference No. : 2267699

I intended to apply for graduate program at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University via worldwide campus for which they require evaluation of academic credentials through a list of service providers amongst them being WES (World Education Services) NY.

Therefore, I chose WES and submitted my application online on 13 Apr 2011 for course by course evaluation and paid $160 fee plus additional $35 for their ICAP service.

In accordance with their requirement for Pakistani Degrees, I sent WES a sealed envelope from Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan containing attested copies of the following degrees

1) Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace) from NUST, Pakistan (1999)

2) MBA (Marketing) from Preston Institute of Management Sciences & Technology (PIMSAT), 2003

3) MS (Mechatronics Engineering) from Air University, Pakistan, (2010)

WES confirmed receiving the above credentials via email on April 21, 2010. On April 25, I received a notification from WES that my evaluation has been completed and to my utter shock the evaluation was as follows:

Your PIMSAT MBA degree holds No Academic Value. (CASE CLOSED)

I filed for a review of my application on April 25, stating if my MBA degree holds no academic value,WES has not granted me evaluation for my BE degree from NUST and MS degree from Air University, therefore, how can my case be closed?

My File was under review for a few days after which I received a reply on May 6, 2011.

Dear Mr. KHAN

This is in response to your recent communication regarding the evaluation completed on April 25, 2011.

It is the policy of our organization not to include in the same evaluation report academic credentials from bonafide institutions and documents of no academic values. If you want want your credentials from NUST & Air University to be evaluated you need to re-apply (new application and a second payment of the basic fee are required).

We would like to stress that evaluations prepared by World Education Services are offered as advisory opinions and, as such, they are not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

All said and done, I would like the Director of Evaluation (WES) to explain the following:-

(a) No where while filing the 1st application it was ever clarified that if any one degree among the credentials submitted was deemed to be of no academic value, the fee would have to be repaid to get the others evaluated separately.

(b) Neither has WES published a list of institutions which it considers granting degrees of no academic value in order to forewarn its customers not to submit degrees from those institutions.

(c) Among the three degrees submitted, WES can easily omit the one bearing no academic value in its evaluation report so that the customer atleast has an evaluation report containing the others for which he has paid for in the first place!

SUMMARY

My case in totality has been narrated before all. Please avoid choosing WES under all circumstances for academic credentials evaluation. They are nothing but ripoffs and should be banned by all educational institutes and US authorities for treating their customers the way I have been dealt with. Thank you for your patient listening and hearing.

Sincerely

Omar Khan

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

fc748884, 2014-07-10, 12:26PM CDT

Services provided by WES is horrible, they never respond to your email and they dont know how tro evaluate. On their website they have something called as IGPA which shows how much you should be getting in your evaluation how ever they do their evaluation blindly not realizing the consequences faced by the applicant if the evaluation is incorrect. I have recieved 85/100 in one subject and as per their grading it should be a A+ and they have given me a A and in another subject where i have got 75/100 should be a A and they have graded it as B and in my entire evaluation there are no A+, B+OR C+ its either A, B or C due to which my overall GPA is been impacted and cost me my admission. The universities should start considering other companies for evaluation aprt from WES they are horrible. i have sent them hundreds of email and they never respond back more over when u call them u have to be in queue for almost 45 mins to get thru a incompetent customer rep who does not know anything but to say that u need to wait and someone will get back to you when no one gets back to you . its been more then three weeks and more than required business days still my file is under review for thie mistake i have to pay for the consequences. i am planning to take this further if they fail to responce i am going to wait another week and then take legal action.

30c8843d, 2014-08-27, 01:10PM CDT

hello everyone. I submitted an application to WES in a hurry without researchin about their awful company.. Now that I want to cancel my application and get a refund for it they keep ignoring my request... Have your status ever changed with them? I see posts here from 2008! I'm really worried! Did they finally ever noticed your problem to cancel or refund? Have you tried to sue them? They are my biggest mistake in life until now! please help! Thanks

Suhair O., 2014-09-16, 08:19AM CDT

Hi

I have different problem with this horrible website, after I struggled to get what they asked, they reduce my degree for the first semester from 85 to 60 ,the second from 75 to 60 and the fourth and fifth from 65 to 60 an I don't know if you know about that ,the 60 at American University = 0

can you believe it??+ till now I don't receive my own copy and sure without tracking number witch I asked them for it many times I cant know where is my copy witch I pay for it 30$