American Express Gold card

Posted on Wednesday, July 19th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 13b54157

Company: American Express Gold card

American Express Gold card

July 18, 2006

I am a gold card member since 1964 for the last 6months my A.E.gold card account has been less than 1000.00 per month.When I tried to charge a cruise cost 6050.00 to my card A.E. refused. A.E. claims only the last 6 months constitute the history to determine A.E . card credit .Previos balances were averaging 3 to 4 thosand a month.This has been the case for over 30 yrs.Now A. E. will allow my card amax. of 2000.00 credt a month. I have paid 125.00 for 2 cards annualy since I have had the card.My payments are on time and my credit rating at the top of the charts.

H

OW CAN A..E. EXPECT BRAND LOYALTY WITH THESE POICIES? A. E. PROMISED TO CALL ME BUT YET NO CALL. GERALD

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_55143#

ae4d2794, 2008-05-17, 07:40AM CDT

I went though a similar situation. It must ave something to do with the current trends in an observed deteriorating national financial health.

Did you had any recent late payment? This is something will trigger the credit limits. In my case, the representative ask me for assistance to get to my bank manager and confirm that I had the money in the bank.

Good Luck.