Posted on Wednesday, July 19th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by b2fe5ffc

Company: Harvey Norman

July 18, 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is there an email address to contact the Harvey Norman head franchise office about a customer complaint? I have the following complaint regarding service from the Southlands - Kalgoorlie, Western Australia store. I purchased a Panasonic 42inch Plasma Television from Harvey Norman on Saturday 15th of July. I was required to take the invoice to the warehouse at the rear of the store where the Storemen gave me the Television and accessories boxes. I travelled home then assembled and set-up the Television in my house. Just as I had finished two Harvey Norman Storemen arrived at my doorstep and told me that they had given me the wrong Television unit. They told me that the unit I was given was an older version of the same Television and they had bought around a newer version for me. They dismantled the Television I had purchased and then I had to assemble and set up the television they had bought to my house. I have subsequently found out that they actually had given me a newer version of the television with HDTV and not an older version. So they lied to me, maybe to facilitate my agreement to give them back the television I had purchased. I can see why the Storemen were so eager to take the Television I had been originally given. I was going to purchase a HDTV converter and new gas stove with hotplates from Harvey Norman next month but they have lost my business due to this situation with my Television purchase. Darren

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_55124#

ccc891bb, 2007-12-11, 04:31PM CST

Its very hard to complain to Harvey Norman. I got a new washing machine that broke a couple of months after purchase and they wont replace it.

I am now in touch with consumer affairs I would suggest that you do this also.

d07fdc97, 2008-07-15, 02:14AM CDT

In November 07 I purchsed a Uniden GPS for $365.00 from the Harvey Norman store in Whitehorse Road, Nunawading in Victoria. I had problems from the beginning just trying to get it to work. Each time I took it back the staff were indifferent and just wanted to get rid of me, and one was quite rude. At least half the time the directions were incorrect. After a while I decided to put up with it because the only reason I bought it was because of the Traffic Camera detection facility. I would not have paid that much money for an electronic street directory. By the end of May I ws having serious problems with the GPS. It was not working at all, and I took it back on 2.06.08. The technical staff at the service section tried to get rid of me, asking me to contact Uniden direct. The Manager, who was rude and arrogant, in response to my comment, said that I was lucky to get any traffic camera detection, as this as illegal. Excuse me!! It is a huge selling point, and is specifically mentioned in the manual. He said "we might fix it for fifty bucks". I told him it was not up to me to contact Uniden. I reminded him that it was only a few months old, had given trouble from the start. When I insisted that I wanted something done, he asked the technician Luke to do what he could. He just wasn't interested. According to the Service docket Luke gave me, he discovered a "Card Error". Luke spoke to Uniden and took the GPS from me to be sent to Uniden. He said it would be back in "a week or 2". I did not hear from anyone till 17.06.08, when I rang and spoke to Luke. He said I could pick up the GPS. I picked it up on 18.06.08. Luke told me that the GPS had been reprogrammed "with a more expensive" program. I did quite a lot of driving, as I do in my job. The traffic camera facility did not function at all, and the directions were quite inaccurate. I took it back on 19.06.08 and explained the circumstances. Luke kept me waiting and went off to speak with the Manager. He came back and stated that I should contact Uniden. I repeated what I said above and insisted that I wanted a refund. Luke went off again and came back and said that he was authorised to exchange the GPS for a new one. I said I was fed up with the whole situation, and if I had any more trouble I wanted a refund. I used the GPS over the weekend, doing quite a lot of driving and used the NEW East Link freeway. The only time it DID work accurately was on the East Link, and the on and off ramps to and from the East Link Freeway. Once again the directions were inaccurate and the traffic camera function did not work at all. I could not take any more time off work, so 21.06.08 I rang and spoke first to Lucas who wondered off and Angus came and spoke to me. I explained the crcumstances to him. Angus insisted that I contact Uniden. I threatened legal action if I did not receive satisfaction once and for all. He went off to speak to the manager, came back and asked exactly what the problem was. I explained patiently. I then decided to test them and said that the GPS did not work on the East Link. Angus went off and came back to say that the manager said it did not work on the East Link because East Link was new. Bullshit. Lies. Anything to defraud and dupe the customer. If you will recall as I have stated above, it DID work well on the East Link; the only time that it DID work effectively. I told Angus I would like to speak with the manager to ask him from where he got his information about East Link. The manager refused to come to the phone. Instead he sent a message saying that I should drop the GPS off and he would test it. I had no intention of trusting this bullshitting managr who would say anything to defraud me. I said that if the manager did not call me by close of business to resolve this issue, I would take the matter to Consumer Affairs. I have done so. I was avised by Consumer Affairs that I do have a case, but advised me to try make one last attempt to resolve this issue.

Accordingly I would like someone in authority to resolve this issue. I do not trust your staff at Nunawading. I do not trust this piece of junk. I do not want another replacement. I want my money back. If this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction by close of business Friday 18.07.08 I shall lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs. I emailed HarveyNorman with this complaint and just received a threatening email, threatening to block me. I have been trying for days to find someone to complain, but everybody is hiding.

d07fdc97, 2008-07-15, 02:18AM CDT

Accordingly I would like someone in authority to resolve this issue. I do not trust your staff at Nunawading. I do not trust this piece of junk. I do not want another replacement. I want my money back. If this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction by close of business Friday 18.07.08 I shall lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs. I sent an email to Harvey Norman customer service and just rec4ived an email threatening to block me!!! I have been trying for days to find someone somewhere in Australia to lodge my complaint, but they are all in hiding.

1695e7ee, 2009-09-08, 02:18AM CDT

121 Bell Street

Preston

VIC 3072

Dear Sir/Madam

Re.: Seeking for your kind help to your Harvey Norman's customer service/general

inquiry email address

I write to you regarding above said my request.

I will very much greatly appreciate you your kind mind and concede with concede with consciousness of concern to consider helping her out your kind mind and concede with consciousness of concern to consider helping her out in acceptance of above her request and doing it

I look forward to receive your confirmation of discission via email to this my email address in dur tinme at your convenience.

Yours truly

Sutha

Mr.Suthahar SANMUGALINGAM

0f361b75, 2009-12-27, 08:44AM CST

HARVEY NORMAN AT NUNAWADING = BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. 26 dec 2009

The Worker Hassle's you to much into purchasing goods, It was suppose to be boxing day, the sale price got me by surprise, i went to the counter and was asked to pay for the full price, the register lady working there on the counter looked at me weird, when i asked, is that the price, she looked at me like i don't have any money, the fact was, she was just to lazy to find the real price, i didn't like the way she handled this little problem, so i didn't buy the goods, i said i didn't want it anymore, i was put off by her attitude, then she asked me with her ugly attitude, "so, your not buying any of this" i said "no" who would want to, with a customer service like that. When i was walking away i could hear her speak loudly to her staff members ordering them to put the items back, and my partner saw the workers whispering to each other giving me bad look,... i just walked away thinking this ladies need to study customer service. I went to the Guess shop, and i spent my money there, NOT going to recommend harvey norman at nunawading to anyone. Myer is the best.

9b317352, 2010-02-06, 05:42PM CST

You all seem lucky. I bought a Krupps coffee machine from Harvey Norman in September 2007, including an extended warranty. Wonderful to have espresso at home.

Nine months later the machine is producing luke warm coffee. Drop in to HarveyNorman, they tell us to take it to manufacturer. Day of leave from work to drop it off. Abuse from repair agent, suggesting we don't operate and clean it appropriately. Three weeks later, after chasing, he admits the machine is faulty. Day of leave from work to pick up brand new replacement machine.

Nine months of wonderful coffee from the brand new machine, then it just stops working. Cold coffee again. Back to Harvey Norman to let them take care of the discussion with the manufacturer. Two months later, a new replacement machine.

Nine months of wonderful coffee from the brand new machine, then it really stops working. A cryptic error message that isn't covered in any documentation. Back to Harvey Norman.

Three and 1/2 months later... Harvey Norman has had arguments with Krupps (replacement machine not lasting warranty period), arguments with warranty company (claim was lodged previously - second replacement - although not enacted), delays in repairs (lengthy period to start inspection, wait for authorisation, purchase parts). Finally we get the 3rd machine back - no more coffee withdrawal symptoms.

Get the machine home, load up the coffee, get the milk out. Lets go! Hmm, what is that strange noise? Why is it not producing a full cup? I guess we haven't finished the story yet... I'll try to come back for an update later. In the mean time, it's back to Harvey Norman for another round. Let's hope it won't take months again.

I do have to say that in all of this, Michael (Mick) at Harvey Norman - Southland has been very good. He has tried to be very patient, and customer focussed. We have tried our best too.

02402303, 2010-10-25, 06:49PM CDT

Here you go.. I've just written a small book of a complaint about the Mount Gambier Harvey Normans. You can complain via online here:

good luck all

ab7d6835, 2012-10-15, 02:16AM CDT

Here is the number for Gerry Harvey's secretary 02 9201 6301

Another way to contact senior management. look up (recent) company profile for list of directors etc then email [email protected]

First name . last name at au . harveynorman . com

Last week I had a terrible experience with Harvey Norman (store and head office).

I went in to the nearest store to buy a new TV. I chose one and said I would buy it ( I didn't even ask for a better price). The salesperson tried to sell me a $199.00 power board, telling me the TV wouldn't work as good as it should without one. I declined. I then noticed when he was putting the details into the computer he had already included the extended warranty and the price had been added to the total cost. I had to say that I didn't want it and he took it back off.

I bought the TV and we loaded it into my car.

The Harvey Norman store is located in a large retail complex owned by the Harvey Norman company.

I wanted to get something from one of the other retailers at the complex, so I moved my car to near the front of that shop and parked in front of a sign stating "this area is under constant video surveillance" with a picture of a security camera in a red circle.

When I came out of the shop a short time later my locked car had been broken into and my new TV had been stolen. The staff at that shop called the police and when they arrived I pointed out the sign and said the robbery should have been caught on camera. They informed me that the sign and all of the others just like it at the complex are just a deterrent. There is no security at all.

I rang the head office since they own the complex and the sign was clearly a misleading lie and they just told me they didn't have to do anything about it. I then rang Gerry's secretary and she told me to email her the details. She replied straight away telling me that she would take my issue to senior management. I have no issues with his secretary, she did her job as it should have been done. Gerry Harvey discussed it with the in house solicitor Frank Lavorato who sent me an email telling me that they are under no liability to do anything about it.

In future I will only shop at their rival's stores.

Harvey Norman have a very low code of ethics as far as I'm concerned.