Hampton Bay Solar Landscaping lights / 1168

Posted on Thursday, July 13th, 2006 at 12:00am CDT by 997a9a1d

Company: Hampton Bay Solar Landscaping lights / 1168

Hampton Bay Solar Landscaping lights / 1168

July 12, 2006

I purchased 2 sets of Hampton Bay solar landscaping lights for a gift. The stakes that go in the ground were plastic and after being in the ground a month or so the starting breaking off and as of now 6 months after purchase they have all broken off.

I contacted Hampton Bay and they said too bad Home Depot requested that the stakes be plastic and would do nothing about them.

I am very disappointed since I thought Hampton Bay was a top of the line company.

I will never buy Hampton Bay again since they did not even offer any help.

Garry

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_54554#

179c3d61, 2008-01-05, 10:47AM CST

I had similar experience as Garry. A couple months after installation, one broke off. I attributed it to someone breaking it. Then a few weeks later, another broke off and then a third. I was looking for replacement parts with no success. Am not happy with this product.

8344ccf4, 2010-05-03, 12:23PM CDT

I have been looking for replacement stakes as well, cant find a thing, Hampton Bay wont return calls, when I finally got someone they said I could return them to HD if they would accept them, its been 2 months, do you really think they would accept the return, of course not!

d8b18c8d, 2010-08-24, 12:36PM CDT

I have 2 broken stakes as well. Mine was a 2 year old child issue. I am willing to pay for them but don't know where to find them. Anyone have an idea?