Acer America San Jose Ca

Posted on Saturday, September 24th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 139447f0

Company: Acer America San Jose Ca

Acer America San Jose Ca

September 23, 2005

I bought a new acer travelmate 240,Upgraded the memory by adding a 512MB stick of ram. After a few months down the road my LCD screen took a dump on me. Sent it in under warranty and had it fixed. they sent it back to me minus my new ram. I called and advised them of this, and he said he would get back to me, and never did. 1 month goes by and my screen goes out again, so I sent it back to them again, and they fixed it and I received it a few days later. I called again remembering about my missing ram. Still nothing, They have no idea what happend to it. Never offering an apology or replacement. Another month goes by. My LCD screen goes out yet again. I call them really frustrated, and asked them to replace my Laptop. They say send it in and we will talk to a supervisor and get back to me. So I call every other day for a week or so, trying to check the status, waiting on hold for 45 minutes to an hour. Customer service is very poor with these people. I know 5 of them by their names and they know me as if I were a regular. they have done nothing to help me out or make me feel like I am even a customer at all. Anyways back to my horrible experience with acer. So I finally get through and still nothing. No response back on my replacement from a supervisor. They tell me I cannot talk to their supervisor. All I want is to have a computer that will not break. all these repair guys do is fix the problem. They don't fix what is causing the problem. I call back and explain this to a customer service rep who is trying to help me. She tells me that my computer was fixed and my replacement request was never read, and my computer was already in the mail. I get really frustrated.

Anyways I finally receive my computer back and I go to use it and what do you know? They didn't ship my Power cords. I called them back and they promised to send me a new one overnight. Good because it was Thursday and they wont deliver it on a sat, and Mon was a holiday. Fri rolls around and nothing. What the hell? I call these guys back up and they told me that he didn't overnight it. He shipped it 2 day. I didn't receive my cords until that next Tue. Wow what a screwed up company. I have been calling almost everyday trying to get some information. I am trying to get my Ram that was never given back to me, I am trying to get my laptop (my $1200.00 dollar lemon) replaced, but no one wants to help me. I have been lied to, degraded, they have broken every promise to me. They have stolen from me, sold a lemon to me, these guys really need help. Anyways A supervisor called me and told me that nothing is going to be done to help me. They are not replacing anything, That it states in my Prep form before sending my unit back to them, to take any upgrades out, so they will not give me my ram, they are not responsible for it. It says no where in that "contract" So I am sending my receipt to prove to them that It was there, and everything they have ever sent to me as far as emails or prep forms. He refused to give me any phone numbers to their corperate office. I cannot do much now.

I guess what I am trying to say is, Stay away from ACER. They will lie, steal and cheat their way out of their problems. I am sorry my complaint is so long. Just think this is the short version. I have many other complaints with this company, If anyone has any questions for me feel free to email me.

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_48966#

6e67edd5, 2007-09-20, 09:18AM CDT

I have the same problem. I sent my laptop in for repairs and it came back with worse damages, internal and external. The rep had the nerve to get attitude with me and tell me that I damaged it. Mind you I have only had my "lemon" for a month. So he argues with me and I ask for a supervisor. He refuses. I ask for his rep ID and Name he flat out tells me NO. I ask for corporate number and he tells me no. He said if I want any of that to hang up and call back and get it from someone else. GRRRR SO I researched online and got corporate number and I am offering it to you. (408) 533-7700. Good luck with all this! I hope you get what you payed for!

db345e35, 2008-03-02, 02:00PM CST

To all potential ACER buyers

I bought an ACER Aspire 5610 & its been nothing but problems since day one. 930 Euros worth of plastic. They just fixed it for the 3rd time & all they did was change the fan. It crashes, blue screen of death, doenst reconize the hard drive properly, cant re - partition the hard drives, it over heats continously, the list is end less. You cant get anyone on the phone from tech. support, emails are answered by automatic response. Like me & many other peole, when you get a lemon, your drinking lemonade for ages.

AVOID ACER & THEIR SHODDY PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a82c8b95, 2011-11-23, 04:03PM CST

Agreed. I've had nothing but problems with the Acer laptop I bought my daughter. They had it in their shop longer than we ever had it to use. I wouldn't accept an Acer product if it were given to me for free.