Overstock.com; Salt Lake City, Utah

Posted on Friday, September 23rd, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by e4b89dc9

Company: Overstock.com; Salt Lake City, Utah

Overstock.com; Salt Lake City, Utah

September 22, 2005

On August 23, 2005 I ordered a text book from Overstock.com. My credit card was billed August 24,2005. I never received an email in 1-4 business days like their policy states tellin me that the item had been sent. On September 4 I used Overstock.com's internet chat for help. "Jay E" told me that my item was shipped 8/30. That as soon as it shipped I would receive an email and I should allow 2-15 busines day for the item to arrive. He told me they could not do anything until 10 business days were up. So "Jay E" has basically told me that my item was shipped 8/30, but I would receive an email when it shipped. On September 8, 2005 I called Overstock.com and spoke with Angie. She told me I would have to wait until September 12 and then they could put a trace on it. I told her I had never received in email that my item was shipped. She told me that my item had been shipped and to call back on the 12th. On September 12, 2005 I called Overstock.com and spoke with Paul. He told me that he would put a trace on it and in 10 business days I could get a refund for the item. I told him I was never received an email telling me it had been shipped. He replied by telling me that the warehouse had not informed them either. On September 22, 2005, one day before I was able to get my refund I received an email. It was an email from Overstock.com telling me my item had been sent. I called Overstock.com and spoke with Mike. He told me the item had just shipped today and that I could not get a refund. I told him I wanted to speak with his supervisor. I was transferred to Mike. He told me I could not receive a refund. He told me he would give me a $15 credit to use on my next purchase. I told him I would never use Overstock.com again after this incident. He told me I could put a return in for the item and that he would not charge me the restocking fee. Mike also apologized for the miscommunication because the item had needed to be restocked. I told him that everyone I had spoken with told me that the item had been sent. He said he was sorry and that he did not know why they had given me that information. I am currently waiting to receive my item in the mail so I can send it back, but for all I know it could be another month before I receive the item or am able to put a trace on it so I can receive a refund.

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_49007#