LocalNet still Charging for internet Service I don't use

Posted on Wednesday, September 21st, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 5ed15806

Company: LocalNet still Charging for internet Service I don't use

LocalNet still Charging for internet Service I don't use

September 20, 2005

Please publicize ......... Don't play games with me. I have written to you , called you, communicated to you by email and I according to my lawyer this is sufficient. We shall have to wait from the Attorney General of New Jersey. Thanks and stop cheating poor and old people, COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74822# wrote: Dear LocalNet Customer, We have not received a cancelation request for your account. Once we receive your cancelation request, the account will be canceled at the end of the current month of service; this would be as per our Service Agreement. If you have any further questions, I recommend contacting our Customer Service Department directly at the phone number listed below. Dear LocalNet Customer,

Please include the account holders name, LocalNet Username, reason for canceling, and the signature of the account holder. Letters can be mailed to:

LocalNet Corp

287 Commerce Drive

Amherst, NY

14228 Faxes can be sent to:

716-210-1052 All accounts are deactivated at the end of their current month of service. Thank you,

LocalNet Customer Service

1-888-488-7265

Hours:

Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM (EST)

Saturday & Sunday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM (EST) -- Original Message --

How many times do you want me to write to you. I wrote a letter dated August 6th, 2005 telling you cancel the service? Are you telling me the US postal service did not deliver the mail to you? All I want at this time is for you to refund my money as promptly as possible. On August 13, 2005 I called LocalNet to confirm, disconnet/discontinue and close my internet service with you. You have however continued to take money out of my A/C. The billing date for your service is every 15th day of each month. Because you have refused to respond to my request I have filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General of NJ and also have filed with the FCC. You now owe me $19.90. Please note

that my email address with LocalNet was COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74823#

Ten

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74822# wrote:

Hello!

Thank you for contacting LocalNet!

After reviewing your account it does appear that we have advised you several times of the cancel procedure at LocalNet. We would simply need a letter via US postal mail or fax in order to cancel your account. It also does appear that the Customer Service Supervisor was will to discuss the account with you.

Included below is the cancellation information, in case you need the address or fax number.

Thank you and have a nice day! Dear LocalNet Customer, Cancellations can be accepted only by written confirmation through a letter or fax.

LocalNet Corp

287 Commerce Drive

Amherst, NY

14228 Faxes can be sent to:

LocalNet Customer Service

1-888-488-7265

Hours:

Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM (EST)

Saturday & Sunday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM (EST) -- Original Message --

Please publicize ......... On August 13, 2005 I called LocalNet to disconnect the internet service they provide me. Up to this time, LocalNet has refused to disconnect their internet service. They are continuing to bill me and taking out money from my debit A/C. Since then they have taken out twice totaling $19.90. The billing date of their service starts on the 15th every month and this is when the service are supposed to start every month. Their phone number is 1 (888) 488-7266 and I have called this number but nobody wants to listen to me. Please help. Ten Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_58932#

d3fa75e5, 2008-05-22, 07:41PM CDT

yep happened to me too well to my mother then the bastards actually sent her a letter telling her she owes MORE now it took me a year to get them to stop taking money from my account and in the end i ended up having to CLOSE the account... now they are going to take her to court for 39.00

dad06b63, 2008-10-31, 10:28AM CDT

I have the same problem. I disconnected my home phone over 2 months ago and faxed cancellation requests. The persisted in charging my account costing me $25.00 twice. They claim they never received the faxes.

26cffeaa, 2009-02-23, 05:24PM CST

i too have tried for going on six month s to cancel service with no success. i've tried emailing, no response. tried their online chat, timed out said to leave message so they could respond, not., called multiple times never getting a human being. had to cancel debit card so they would not continue to charge our account. they are simply put unethical crooks, localnet sucks and i hope word of mouth online does them in. i also with the best to the NY attorney general in their efforts to bring them down. lastly my attorney is handling this now, i'd rather pay him a few hundred dollars as opposed to paying localnet $37 for something unethical.

26cffeaa, 2009-02-23, 05:45PM CST

sadly been there done that, localnet sucks period. i've been fighting with them using their so called procedures as well as improvising on my own for going on six months with no luck. i finally spoke with a human today for the first time, i was told it was my fault, i didn't follow procedures and if i did i needed to prove it. they also added a nice comment that lots of people get cancer any you still owe us $37 until you can prove you tried to cancel service. i then told them my attorneys telephone number and told them i would rather pay him whatever it took than pay their corrupt company one more dime.

608585c3, 2009-06-28, 11:14AM CDT

BEWARE OF LOCALNET'S BILLING PRACTICES!

On January 7, 2009, I sent an e-mail to Localnet's customer care email address asking that my account be canceled. This request was made well before the account renewal date in February. On March 18th, I received a call from a Localnet customer service representative asking me if I forgot to make my yearly payment to Localnet. I informed the customer service representative that I sent an e-mail in January to cancel the accounts. She asked that I please send another e-mail to [email protected] to restate that my account be canceled. I told her I would do so if it would resolve the issue, and informed her that I did not expect to pay any late or termination fees since my first request was made months before. After our phone call, I sent the requested e-mail to the requested Localnet address. Later that day, I received yet another phone call from a Localnet customer service representative asking me if I forgot to make my yearly payment to Localnet. I explained to that customer service representative that I spoke to another customer service representative earlier about this matter, and that the issue had been resolved. She put me on hold, and then came back and apologized for the confusion. The matter was concluded, or at least I assumed so until in April when I received a threatening DEMAND LETTER from Localnet in the amount of $16.00. I called the Localnet billing department and explained the series of events. The rude guy in the billing department (named Chris) said that "they are not playing a game about this" and I had two choices - pay them the amount due immediately or they would send the bill to a collection agency.

Not wanting to have them damage my credit rating, I paid the amount due the next day. It seems that I am not alone in finding Localnet's billing practices to be inaccurate, fraudulent, and misleading. Hopefully, someone will file a class action lawsuit against Localnet -- I'd join it in a heartbeat. My next step is to contact the New York Better Business Bureau.

156a1e43, 2009-09-28, 10:30AM CDT

last week I ordered service and then found out later that day that our house had sold and we have 30 days to move. I called the next morning to cancel the svc (I gave the sales person my bank information and wanted it cancelled as it was not even to be turned on for a week). I was told that I have to cancel in writing. I tried to contact the email address given to me, ([email protected]) and that address apparently doesn't exist. I was also told that even though the company had done nothing that I would still be billed for the first month of $25.00. If this is true then localnet need not wonder if I will use their svc when the time comes for me to get internet in whichever new house that my husband and I move into. I don't appreciate being ripped off! Please forward this email to the cancellation department (if you can lacate one) for localnet.com. My information follows:

name: donna partain

localnet email: [email protected]

my email: [email protected]

account #: 602 461

reason: cancellation

Thank you for your assistance. If I don't see an unethical transaction on my next bank statement, I will gladly use localnet for my future internet service when the time comes. I'm not sure which kind of service I'll need when I get moved into a new place so I had to cancel service. I did not wish to suspend anything as I don't know how much or how long it will take to reorder/restore service once I'm moved. I do know that I did not appreciate the girl who took my order NOT bothering to tell me of the conditions while she was on the phone taking my banking information. We've all seen companies like this one before. They don't get very big and they don't last long.

dd7da562, 2009-12-04, 11:41AM CST

i need cancel to localnet because my phone line not working something wrong my phone line phone company will come out here next week any way i not uses this company ty

0bfc64cd, 2010-05-14, 06:47PM CDT

i to told local net and sent fax to cancel and told me to they never got my fax and i told them the fax said complete and they told me because it said it was sent they never got it and they waited 3 months to contact me why don't they put this rip off place out of business i also told them i was paying nothing to them and i can't send an e-mail cause it came back to me i hate trying to be ripped off

7b3d1e98, 2010-07-02, 01:19PM CDT

Try [email protected], not AT bozo.

d490a6af, 2010-08-16, 03:26PM CDT

hi, i've been trying to cancel online as i was told i could. cant seem to get a link to work. [email protected]

my account number is 441515. i bundled with my phone company and would like to discontinue this service. thank you, grace hough

de5dfb6e, 2010-08-19, 09:17AM CDT

5 years later and they still have a poor service cancellation procedure. I emailed a to cancel and they accepted. To my surprise they billed me AGAIN after I had canceled. They claim this was correct since my cancellation notice was received on the 6th, but my billing period starts on the 5th. I don't believe them. Based on the complaints, it looks like they are scammers. Over priced crappy service.

f492f8d0, 2010-10-06, 07:56AM CDT

I like the person that says they tried to connect to an email address? Did they spell AT out and put it in the browser? You do realize the @ is a symbol and part of an email address, right?

9e61c326, 2010-10-26, 10:19PM CDT

Poor suckers that we are ,we to tried Localnet and had the service for two months before we had to move in with my husbands mom to help take care of her. We never even used there service because our laptops doesn't have phone jacks. I have tried numerous times to contact them to cancel and have never succeded in doing so. I finally got in touch with someone tonight and they said same thing as being said here( have to submitt cancelation in writing). I have done so and they refuse to refund money for a service we never used. We have had to cancel our debit cards because of this and I think someone needs to bring this company to a stop . We didn't give our permisson to bill our account every month because we were doing this on a trial basis until we saw how good the service was. I guess now we know.I would not recommend this service to anyone.(SCAM-ARTISTS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6f325411, 2011-02-04, 11:46AM CST

yes i ask for dsl i have a lap top and the gave me dail up that i cant use and have not use.and you guys charged mt caed 25.95 i would like my money back on my card have not ever had to deal with a company like this. i would never tell anyone abbout your service and i will go on record to say i will not say nice things about this serivce it will be know that you guys are fruds thank you for wasting my time.

b315c042, 2011-02-08, 08:28PM CST

just a week ago i called local net for services they charged my credit card $111 for a year which was correct but they told me i needed a modem but i have no phone in which they could not hook my internet services up to my lap top.i have never used their services and am haveing trouble getting my money refunded.

d910d38d, 2011-03-06, 10:49PM CST

i'm upset with them also. they keep billing me. going to fax them tomorrow and then if they don't refund my money will talk to a lawyer about this. this isn't right. I cancle after two months now its been like 5-6 months and still getting billed.

8e0c69dc, 2011-12-15, 09:38AM CST

I called to cancell my account on 7/19 11 and am still being charged , I also sent an email please send me a credit for these charges of 77.15 on 8/15of $16.15,9/15,of$14.95,on 10/15of $14.95 on 11/15of $14.95,on 12/15of 16.15

f204e197, 2012-08-17, 11:32AM CDT

I have had checks bounce because local net has not cancelled my account. That was 8 months ago. My wife called them and Jenifer told my wife we must not have faxed it to them becausethey are still taking out of our checking account.(Dahhh). In the meen time,we tried canceling and just get the run around. Take my advice and dont subscribe to local net.

L R., 2012-12-31, 02:22PM CST

Same thing happened to me. I think Jennifer is sitting in some high rise somewhere getting rich off chumps like us. I filed a complaint with NY BBB, but I am not sure it will do any good since they aren't a member, and she told me so. She said she didn't care if I filed a complaint since they didn't belong to the BBB.

anna w., 2013-01-10, 06:56AM CST

My mother called to get service and at the end of the call they told her she would need a home phone. She told them she does not have a home phone and they would not cancel. She hasn't even used it at all. They were rude and very unprofessional. Gave her the "cancellation procedure". I'm reporting them to the BBB. I definitely advise everyone to report them to the BBB and spread the word on their unprofressionality. Just google localnet.com BBB and it should pop up.

6b7cc797, 2013-04-30, 01:22PM CDT

HAHA... so many clueless people (not all of you on here) Canceling with Localnet only happens when sending them a letter in the mail or faxing, then following up by phone that they received it. Email and phone call doesn't work since they tell everyone this all the time.

Dialup internet is just as it sounds. DIAL UP! Its a phone call being placed to a server, not rocket science, and if you don't have a home phone to setup a dialup internet company, you aren't to bright.

This is a shitty company but common sense is definitely something most of you people need when it comes to computers and internet.