Best Buy, Alpharetta GA Nikon Digital Camera

Posted on Friday, September 2nd, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 1492df32

Company: Best Buy, Alpharetta GA Nikon Digital Camera

Best Buy, Alpharetta GA Nikon Digital Camera

September 1, 2005

A couple of weeks ago I returned a digital camera for service at Best Buy. The employee was polite and offered to exchange the camera. He gave me two choices of camera. Unfortunately we could not complete the transaction because I did not have the cable for the bad camera. I retrieved the cable and returned today to make the exchange at which time I was told that the camera would have to be sent in for service. I complained about being told that I could have an exchange instead of service. The customer service manager was called at which time he began to apologize. I was not ready to accept the apology considering I had been standing as the only person in line at the customer service counter for 10 minutes while two employees were working on something at the register. He clearly wanted to show his subordinates how he could resolve a complaint. I just wanted BB to honor what they said they would not lip service. After complaining and telling the CSM that I would shop elsewhere he got extremely angry and told me that normally he gives everyone a chance to tell their "story" as if he is a judge and I am at his mercy. First I was told I could have an exchange then I am told I have to get service. The CSM was rude and purposely arrogant in front of a female employee. Why can’t these big boxes just honor what they say they will do? To top this off I was told at the time I purchased the extended agreement that if something goes wrong with the camera I would get a new one. David Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_48737#