Account Handed of To MBD Attorneys

Posted on Friday, October 7th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by af6ff787

Company: Account Handed of To MBD Attorneys

Account Handed of To MBD Attorneys

October 6, 2005

My Woolworths account has been handed over to the above attorneys. I have spoken to them the 1st month which was August 2005. Knowing that the hand over was my own fault,(and I am making an effort to pay it) I arranged with MBD Attorneys that I will pay the ex amount every month, until the account is settled. (Now reading the complaints on your web-site about MBD Attorneys, it looks like my problem is only beginning.) The 1st month (August) I paid the account on time, and I phoned in to confirm whether they have received payment, I was then told that Woolworths have not updated the system, but I should not worry because the lady(whom I spoke to) will make a note on the account. Ten minutes later a rude and obviously illiterate, uneducated and ignorant lady phones me and ask when am I making a payment, while trying to explain to this idiot that I just phoned she would not give me a hearing, I just banged the phone in her ear. Later she phones back, oh we got your payment. This month I also take the time to phone them and asked whether they have received my arranged payment. You won’t believe it’s Thursday already, and still no one can confirm that they have received my payment. I have spoken to Monique, Nthabiseng, Momfusi (and she called me back to say that there is a note detailing my payments.) and Angelique who as recently as this morning said that my payments don’t reflect. Payments that were made respectively on the 27th September 2005, and on the 2nd October 2005. I was given three fax numbers(to fax prove of payment) in a matter of one hour, and none of it works. Their phone lines are up to crap, their system is no better, and their collection agents don’t’ know what they are talking about or what they are doing. I phoned again this morning to speak to one of the supervisors, or somebody who at least know what they are doing, but to no avail. I have re-acted on a SMS reminder that I have not made payment, on a letter that said that further action will be taken, but none of the people at MBD ATTORNEYS can verify my payment. NB: I know the responsibility of an account is solely with the account holder, and sometimes unforeseen things happen and you just cannot keep up with the payments, but why would Woolworths(of all companies) use the above attorneys for their collections. They are illiterate, stupid, thick, dense, slow and brainless on top of it. Baffled Ex-Woolies Card Holder

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_49684#

08328923, 2008-08-04, 06:21AM CDT

I just wanted to comment on this complaint (baffled ex-woolies card holder.) I assume this is a lady and I agree with her in everything she says. They are ridiculous,I have tried to phone them maybe 100 times and cannot get through to MBD ATTORNEYS. I have made a substantial payment and am trying to find out if they have received my payment and it is the same bank we are dealing with and still to no avail I cannot get through. But it is so ironic that they make sure to phone you like clock work and when you make a payment they still phone you and ask if you have made a payment.

I myself had an encounter with WOOLWORTHS WHICH HANDED MY ACCOUNT OVER AND IT WAS NOT THAT I DID NOT WANT TO PAY MY ACCOUNT BUT DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY HAD NO WOOLWORTHS ON THE BLUFF AND I HARDLY WENT TO THE PAV. THEY HANDED MY ACCOUNT OVER TO THESE ATTORNEYS, I KEPT ON RECEIVING LETTERS PERTAINING TO MY ACCOUNT AND SMS'S. PAYMENT WAS MADE TO THE WOOLWORTHS ON THE BLUFF AND WOOLWORTHS DID NOT CONTACT MBD ATTORNEYS SO THEY ADDED INTEREST AND KEPT ON PHONING ME. WHEN THEY SAID THAT THEY DID NOT RECEIVE CONFIRMATION THAT I HAD PAID MY ACCOUNT IN FULL I HAD TO FAX IT THROUGH TO THEM WHICH WOOLWORTHS SHOULD HAVE DONE. NOW MY NAME IS ON CREDIT BEREAU BECAUSE OF WOOLWORTHS AND ALL BECAUSE OF LAZYNESS OR PEOPLE NOT DOING THEIR JOB PROPERLY. MONTHS LATER WHEN I WAS CHECKING MY CREDIT RECORD, WOOLWORTHS ACCOUNT WAS STILL ON THERE AND IT WAS MONTHS SINCE I PAID MY ACCOUNT OFF WHICH I HAD ACTUALLY PAID MORE THAN WHAT WAS DUE. I THEN PHONED WOOLWORTHS AND THEY SAID THE ACCOUNT WAS HANDED OVER TO MBD ATTORNEYS AND I MUST SPEAK TO THEM. AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS THEY STILL DID NOT REMOVE MY NAME AND CLEAR IT STATING THAT IS WAS PAID IN FULL.

NOW I HAVE PAID OFF MY ACCOUNT IN FULL WHICH I COULD NOT AFFORD BEFORE DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.

IT IS TERRIBLE THAT THIS IS SUCH A WELL KNOWN COMPANY AND THEIR SERVICE IS REALLY TERRIBLE.

ALSO AN EX WOOLWORTHS CARD HOLDER.

08711234, 2009-11-02, 08:00AM CST

I have had the same problem with Woolworths and MBD attorneys. They phone me every month to find out if I am going to make a payment and then charges me for the call. I have diligently paid my account before the due date. Upon phoning them I get through to some illerate person to whom I must repeat my account number over and over....

They the blame "the system" and Woolworths that my payments are not updated. Obvious this reflects negatively on my credit record and they can not/ will not give me a solution to the problem.

Somebody must report these people to the Legal Board

5e7c7576, 2009-11-13, 04:24AM CST

I have been paying my arrears discovery CC for the last 8 months after MBD has called me every week to remind me.. I called them today, 13 November 2009, to get an outstanding balance in order to settle this once and for all.

Firstly, I was unable to get hold of them. After calling their main contact number I was put through and held on for almost 20 minutes. When I eventuially spoke to someone they still had the same outstanding balance for me of 8 months ago.

Surely, as consumers we have to have some type of recourse we coudl follow. These poeple are just pathetic.

I ask the same question, why would Discovery of all places, use these pathetic uneducated bastards, who don't even know how to speak English?

Wake up!

8c2bddf4, 2010-01-25, 05:33AM CST

I have the same complaint about MBD Attorneys and Woolworths. My Woolworths account was handed over to MBD. I paid up the full outstanding balance to MBD Attorneys on 2008-11-26. However, when I requested a credit check today, 2010-01-25 I was listed on the Credit Bureau for still owing MBD Attorneys R906.00!!! How is that possible if I have paid it up and have proof of payment. Help please, who can I contact to get this off from the Credit Bureau?

17889a3d, 2010-08-14, 12:51AM CDT

I have the same problem as the lady above.I thought that after 5 years your account has to be written off.I am going to phone Woolworths about the account before paying the instalments.We don't mind paying if we receive proper customer care but we will only pay the amount agreed upon and no extra charges.Thanks for this message.It looks like Woolworths is the problem according to what I read.

17889a3d, 2010-08-14, 12:55AM CDT

I have the same problem as the lady above.I thought that after 5 years your account has to be written off.I am going to phone Woolworths about the account before paying the instalments.We don't mind paying if we receive proper customer care but we will only pay the amount agreed upon and no extra charges.Thanks for this message.It looks like there is a miscommunication between Woolworths and the MBD attorney's if the one doesn't know what the other is doing.Should I pay this account.

61e94ab5, 2010-10-08, 08:42AM CDT

I have the same problem with MBD attorneys. I have actually threatened them with a charge of harrassment. Their excuse is that FNB do not update timeously. the account gets paid every month on the last or the 1st day of new month. I have now changed the date on their system to the 10th of the month. I wait to see if FNB sends through the necessary paperwork in time next month. I have made an arrangement with them - never defaulted on payment or amount, but yet I still get a call to ask what amount I will be paying. AND ONE WONDERS WHY PEOPLE COMMIT SUICIDE OVER DEBT?????

18263cbb, 2010-11-04, 03:58AM CDT

I AGREE WITH EVERYONE, MBD IS USELESS, THE SERVICE IS PHATHETIC. ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY WOOLWORTHS ACCOUNT, I PHONED THEM AND ASKED FOR ARREARS SETTLEMENT VALUE AND IT TAKES THE WHOLE YEAR TO GET IT BECAUSE THEY SAY THEY CAN'T SEPARATE THE ARREARS AND THE BALANCE, NOW I HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE BALANCE SO THAT MY ACCOUNT DOESN'T SHOW ARREARS.

0f8d1f64, 2012-05-14, 11:22PM CDT

I DON'T THINK I WILL CONTINUE PAYING BECAUSE INSTEAD OF MY CREDIT REDUCE IT INCREASES EVERY MONTH. I AM NOT SEEING THE REASON WHY I SHOULD KEEP PAYING I BETTER STOP AND SUPPORT MY FAMILY WITH THE MONEY THEY ARE DEDUCTING EVERY MONTH BECAUSE THE IS NO PROGRESS. IT SEEMS I WILL PAY TILL I DIE.WHAT THIS INTEREST ARE FOR? ITS LIKE I HAVE NEVER STARTED PAYING SINCE I STARTED WORKING AGAIN, IS NINE MONTHS NOW. WE AGREED WITH THE AMOUNT THEY ARE DEDUCTING BUT IS LIKE I AM DOING NOTHING. NO PROGRESS ON MY STATEMENT.

lhaa, 2013-03-06, 05:57AM CST

Yhooo it seems as if Im not the only one...Ive been paying them for the past 13 months,...I have not recieved even 1 statemnt that shows my payments...I requested for it cz i wanted to settle the account...haa haa I dont know what was that...and instead of decreasing my account has increased...I phoned them and told them that I want a proper statement that showes every payment that i Have made and they could not even explain that thing called their statement instead they were RUDE....PE branch manager...Thank God I never made a Debit Order with them...I deposited the payment in ABSA acc, I STOPED paying them...and this morning I got an sms saying my name is listed on XDS... I will go and seek Legal Advice for this..And I was communicating with PE manager via emails....

Son B., 2014-03-18, 11:33AM CDT

Can someone please tell me, can an account be handed over to attorneys if it is not overdue (that is within 90 days) and without the supplier sending reminders or invoices or looking for payment?