THEFT AT JIFFY LUBE IN JERSEY CITY

Posted on Friday, October 7th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 6e3a1791

Company: THEFT AT JIFFY LUBE IN JERSEY CITY

THEFT AT JIFFY LUBE IN JERSEY CITY

October 6, 2005

Oil Changing Service : Jiffy Lube: Jersey City, Mall Drive Location On September 15, 2005 after visiting Jiffy Lube store #1516 in Jersey City, NJ I realized a theft occurred in my car during servicing. One hour after receiving my car I realized my $350 digital camera was missing out of my briefcase in the back seat of my car. The camera was put in the briefcase earlier that morning so I was 100% sure of it being there. After calling the manger on that day he said he would call me back. He never did, so I went down to the location a few hours later. After speaking with a different manager on duty he basically told me I must be mistaken and that there was nothing they could do. Step #2 was filing a police report with the Jersey City Police. Step #3 was sending an e-mail to the customer service department on your website. Within a day after doing this on Sep 16th I received a call from Mr. Richard Rutnick. Mr. Rutnick informed me of the procedure and said he would call me back after the weekend. I called Mr. Rutnick back after a week went by with no phone call. The back and forth phone calls continued for at least a couple weeks ending in his “investigation” with no results. After asking Mr. Rutnick on October 5th if Jiffy Lube was going to reimburse me for my camera he insinuated that I might be making it up and proceeded to inform me that Jiffy Lube is not liable for these types of complaints. I have yet to see anything that states any liability disclosures. It certainly doesn’t say it in the store or on the back of my receipts. I feel very strongly that I was violated by the Jersey City Jiffy Lube store #1516. Before this I was a regular trusting customer with Jiffy Lube and I never had a problem. It disappoints me that I have not been fairly compensated or there has been no reasonable solution to this serious unprofessional customer service issue. I would like if someone other than Mr. Rutnick can contact me and try to resolve this issue immediately. I am currently on step #4 – My friend is a lawyer ;) Veronica Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_49713#