Providian credit card & SST card services

Posted on Tuesday, October 4th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by fdbbeb51

Company: Providian credit card & SST card services

Providian credit card & SST card services

October 3, 2005

Providing credit card and SST card services. I had a Master card and Visa through Providing for a least 8 yrs. I was trying to rebuild my credit. I paid my providing acct's on time and more than minimums due. Out of the blue with very little notice Providing sold me acct's to SST card services. I didn't realize (since I paid my bills online and they don't give you your Apr online) when I signed up with providian my Apr was like 23.9 percent. Which is ridiculous! But it costs to rebuild your credit. I found out when my accounts were sold to SST that my Apr had went up to 29.99 and charging me $50 a year (for each card). I closed both my acct's. Mean while I have been trying to make my payments on line with this SST card services, which is yourcardaccount.com. What a joke! It comes up saying there is none. I could scream over all this. I worked hard with providing to have perfect credit and this issue with SST. Someone needs to do something about these ripe off credit card companies.

Very concerned and angry!

Donna

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_49816#

eebc80b4, 2007-11-30, 10:04AM CST

I had a providian credit card and the next thing I knew, my account had been sold to SST. Not a good thing. I didn't realize that so many folks had experienced the same thing. I have closed my account but I have a balance I'm paying on. But as with other comments I have read, I've dealt with rude, ignorant people, high interest rates etc.

c8a525c0, 2008-03-03, 09:35AM CST

My husband and I were once Providian Customers. We did not have any problems then. Now that it has changed to SST we have had a number of problems. We did not recieve our regular statement once our credit card changed hands. We were charged for SST's mistake. Since then the card accounts have been closed, but we are still making large payments with no light at the end of the tunnel. This type of treatment should be OUTLAWED!!!

eb7e2a30, 2008-05-04, 11:31AM CDT

the same thing happened to me i paid my account on time with providian and my account was sold to sst with a higher apr. i don't know who we could complain to except on their link. it seems they have a unregulated scam to do with an account as they please.

net

69b323a8, 2008-06-16, 04:20PM CDT

I have had the same problems with SST about they don't send your statements every month. They keep calling you for the money but you don't have a statement to go by. I don't like to be harassed by credit card companies! If they would send the statements like they should they could get the money and don't wait for months and then send me one and expect for me to pay a big amount. I am like everyone else I have hard times and I do try to pay my payments. So please do not call me if you don't send the statements and also their are some rude people that works there to.

94f4c154, 2008-07-18, 04:05PM CDT

I am outraged right now. Why can't I even find the SST webstie online to contact them?! Does anyone have a number I can call to check on my account? SST can shove it.

ad71e066, 2008-07-28, 05:20PM CDT

I have been screwed over so to speak by SST as well. What steps can I take to raise awareness and advocate against their sub-standard and unethical practices?

3ccefde6, 2008-11-24, 07:49AM CST

I too have had the same problem. My account was sold without my immediate knowledge. My payment that was once on time now was late. After dealing with the rude customer service rep. I was giving the credit but I could have did overtime at work and made more with change to spare. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was able to pay the balance in full so by doing that an unable to stop the automatic deduction I came up with a credit balance. I was then able to tell them to send me my credit back. If it was late(25 day) grace. I would have to charge them interest and a phone call everyday taking up there time. It came back in less than seven.

19e1e823, 2009-07-23, 08:10AM CDT

The same thing is happening to me. I want to file with the BBB but cannot find an address for SST so I can know what part of the country to file with BBB in. Does anyone have location info on SST?

9fae6471, 2009-11-06, 03:37PM CST

their number is 800-256-4636. I stopped making payment and said I would not make another payment at this out of control rate. If they didn't lower my rate I was gonna bankrupt the card of just let them try and sue me for the balance...funny after that they seem to have these great programs to lower rate from 29.99% to 15%. They should be sued for what they put people through.. I paid over $2000 and my balance went up not down....so why bother..