Sharp Microwave Oven

Posted on Tuesday, October 4th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 9f8479e2

Company: Sharp Microwave Oven

Sharp Microwave Oven

October 3, 2005

I recently purchased a new Sharp Microwave oven for my mother which broke within the warranty period. On August 31, 2005 I took it to the authorized repair facility for Sharp, Video Electronics & Parts Inc and was told by the man there that the repairs would be completed within 7 - 10 days. Not hearing from anyone by September 12 I called to check on the status. The man there told me the technician was "working on the unit now." I called back two days later on 9/14 and was told the same story. I reminded him that he already told me that two days prior and he told me to call that facility's main office which I did. The girl there, Marybell, after a long hold time told me she didn't know what the status of the repair was and that she would have the manager check on it and call me. He never did. I called again two days later on 9/16 and was given the same runaround. I called SHARP, the manufacturer, and after a long wait finally spoke to a customer service agent there by the name of Gina. She called the repair facility and was told by Marybel that the manager would call me later that day and explain when the unit would be ready. Again I never heard from anyone there. Several days later on September 19, I called Sharp again and after another long hold time finally reached their customer service department. I spoke to Ken there. He told me he would call the repair place and would call me back. I advised him that was what happened on my last call to Sharp but he promised he would "bird-dog" Video Electronics & Parts Inc. for me and would let me know that day the status of the warranty repair. I never heard from him or the repair facility. I then filed this consumer complaint. It's been over a month and I still haven't gotten the warranty repairs completed and can't even find out the reason or the status of the repair. The repair facility is: Video Electronics & Parts Inc. 9112 State Road 84 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33324 (954) 236-2700. Also the Sharp Company for such lousy customer service.

Frank Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_49852#