Frigidaire range es200

Posted on Sunday, October 23rd, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by f7d85833

Company: Frigidaire range es200

Frigidaire range es200

October 22, 2005

My complaint is with Frigidaire. We bought a Frigidaire electric smooth top glass range in April 2004 and the handle keeps falling off from the beginning. I thought it was just one of those things, once every few weeks, but now it is happening all the time. There are two screws holding the whole assembly together. Only a few threads of the screws keep the glass outer door, the metal interior and the handle together. Its really wonderful to be baking something at 450 degrees and have the door fall apart and try with two hands to hold the whole thing together so it won't break, while trying to hold the handle on and find the screw. I am just waiting to get burned! I don't see how this can be fixed--the design itself is crappy. Two thread are holding this assembly together! What did they think was going to happen! I have yet to see what solution they come up with. Diana Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_50302#

96ef2271, 2010-12-06, 03:08PM CST

I too have this same somplaint. I purchased what sounds to be the same product in March of 2005. I have had the same problem you describe exactly.

I don't know where to go with my complaint other than the retailer where I purchased the product, who only refers me to the Frididaire parts phone number. (not what one wants to do when working with a hot oven).

At this point the only solution I can see is trying to substitute the faulty OEM fasteners with longer screws that will thread more deeply into the handle. I am concerned though about the temperature limitations on the product.