Circuit City Customer Service

Posted on Monday, October 17th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 3b6ec55e

Company: Circuit City Customer Service

Circuit City Customer Service

October 16, 2005

On August 21, 2005, I bought four (4) iPod Mini Players and accessories at Circuit City in Mary Esther, Florida. The sale total was $874.44. These items were intended as Christmas gifts for my children. Subsequently, my son received an iPod Mini Player for his birthday. I went to return one of the Players to the store at which I purchased it on September 30, 2005, only Forty (40) days after the date of purchase. The item was brand new and still in its factory sealed packaging. I was told by the manager that Circuit City has a "strict" 30 day no return policy which would not allow me to return the product. I was told to contact Circuit City Corporate via internet to appeal this policy. I did this. (Incidentally, after leaving Circuit City, I returned items which were purchased in April of 2005, September of 2004 and November of 2003 to Dillards, Victoria Secret and Walmart respectively, and none of these stores hesitated to make a refund. These are stores at which I will continue to shop and will tell my friends of their friendly customer service.) Circuit City's email response was, "Unfortunately, since your purchase is past 30 days from the sale date, we are unable to honor the return/exchange." Since then, I have emailed back and forth with the company, and they keep promising to contact me. So far, they have not provided a telephone number for me to call, nor has anyone contacted me aside from email, and they have yet to offer a solution to the problem. I will no longer shop at this store, and encourage others to boycott a store that would offer such poor and impersonal customer service.