Hampton Bay outdoor lighting lantern

Posted on Tuesday, October 11th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 9b00275a

Company: Hampton Bay outdoor lighting lantern

Hampton Bay outdoor lighting lantern

October 10, 2005

The name of the product is Hampton Bay outdoor lighting lantern. Info in the packaging is very vague. My contractor installed the unit. It worked fine until RAIN. The lantern leaks and rain water got inside and exploded the light bulb. This issue was very frustrating. Had to pay the contractor to come back and we discovered that there is a missing part. We had to buy replacement part from lamp department at Home Depot. Home Depot lighting people were NOT helpful. I found out that Hampton Bay is a product made for Home Depot. I would have preferred to start over with a different lantern but there is no more stock at Home Depot. Do not have much confidence in this product and will never buy again and very frustrating when you have to keep paying contractor to deal with this. Please respond.

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_49539#

15fd7948, 2008-04-06, 12:46PM CDT

The hampton bay motion sensor lantern is junk. I had 3 put on my house and within 6 months 2 of the 3 were no longer functioning at all. 100% broke.

bc3b2ad2, 2009-12-31, 01:06PM CST

Same problem here with the Hampton Bay motion sensor lantern model 248617.

Piece of crap, after 6 months it died. No matter how you program it, it does not work at all.

Home Depot did not want to exchange it or replace it. We lost $50.- on the product that does not work and the time we put on it several hours trying to fix it, searching on internet, but nothing good.

d4364bc7, 2010-05-03, 12:27AM CDT

I would love to try <a href="http://www.louielighting.com/" rel="nofollow"> your product</a> and give a review.