Rude Service @ 7-11 Casa Rossa, Balestier Road

Company: Rude Service @ 7-11 Casa Rossa, Balestier Road

Rude Service @ 7-11 Casa Rossa, Balestier Road

November 4, 2005

November 9, 2005 - Business Reply - From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74890#

Dear Mr Lim Thank you for your patience whilst we carried out our investigations. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your time to share the invaluable feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused when you visited our stores on 3 and 5 November 2005. As our store at Balestier Road is small, there is only enough space for one POS machine. Normally, we would need to close the machine during shift change so that the staff can balance the accounts before handing over to the next shift. Our shift change times start from 7.00am, 3.00pm and 11.00pm respectively and normally lasts 30 minutes. The Store Manager has been reminded to put up the signage to inform customers when there is a shift change. The 2 staff at the counter were reprimanded for their tactless behaviour. We sincerely apologise for the shortcoming in our operation and seek your understanding in this regard. The Franchisee of the store at Towner Road was also informed of your feedback and the staff who made the remark was reprimanded for her rudeness and reminded to always issue the Today newspaper to customers with any purchase. We will continue to provide more training for our team members and certainly look forward to providing you with a better shopping experience during your next visit.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your feedback and your support. We endeavour to live up to your expectations because we know you care for 7-Eleven.

Yours sincerely Muhammad

November 4, 2005:

Editor for Forum

The TODAY,

From a continued unpleasant shopping experience in a leading convenience store, I'm doubtful that our service companies has heeded the government call for to improve if not value add customer service.

In simple & brief shopping experience at 7-11 for my Saturday NST & TODAY edition this morning, I was annoyed by the same rude service twice in 2 days at different stores of the same chain.

The 2 cashiers just gave me a blank & blured look when I hand a $5 dollar note and asked for a bag for it. After that ackward silence, then they told me to wait 5 minutes while they close their cash machine. That is so weird! I declined to wait and said "thank you".

The previous staff (younger, more passion in her work) was more pleasant to deal with compared to these 2 middle aged ladies whose level of service is comparable to HDB food court hawkers.

With Singapore dreams to be a Global City with IRs in the pipeline, we have a lot to work to do "grassroots" of basic customer service. Maybe its just a 80 cents purchase + FOC paper so I should not demand too much of it.

Thank you.

Date: Nov 3, 2005 4:40 PM

Subject: Rude Service @ Block 101, Towner Rd

To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74891#

Dear Public Relations,

As a regular customer to 7-11 convenience stores, I must really highlight an unpleasant incident I encountered this morning around 11am near Boon Keng MRT.

I've just finished looking at a resale flat nearby and proceeded to yr outlet to purchase a bottle of Evian 0.5 lit water. While in the process of paying for my purchase, I saw a stack of TODAY on a chair behind the counter. So I asked for a copy politely from this teenage bespectacled cashier and I got this sarcistic remark in Mandarin from her to her assistant.

"WHY CANT HE PICK UP THE PAPER HIMSELF???"

Probably she thought I was a foreigner as I spoke English. But a mature bespectacled lady assistant obligingly passed me a copy and said "thank you" plus a smile. All I get from this cashier is a sulking face. The older lady was the saving grace of your store.

As customer oriented store & govt comments of below par, this only add shame to level of service standard even from a simple business like yours.

Oh well, its only a S$1.30 purchase plus a FOC paper so I dont expect much too.

Chris Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_1869#