2001 Nissan Maxima / Purchase of Used Vehicle

Posted on Wednesday, November 30th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by d26c0036

Company: 2001 Nissan Maxima / Purchase of Used Vehicle

2001 Nissan Maxima / Purchase of Used Vehicle

November 29, 2005

I recently purchased my Maxima from Gwinnett Place Nissan in Atlanta, GA. I purchased the vehicle in August 2005.

First off, when I purchased the vehicle I asked the dealer if the automobile had ever been in an accident. The sales person stated not to her knowledge, but that they would be happy to run a car fax report for me. After reading the car fax report I became aware that the car had been involved in a major front-end collision with frame damage reported. Myself, being a not-so-mechanically inclined person, did not know exactly this all amounted to. I expressed my concerns to one of the used car managers who informed me that he spent lots of money making sure this car was perfect and that they would never put a car on their lot that didn't pass their inspection tests.

Within a months time I moved to Myrtle Beach, SC and my troubles began. Since then, I have had my car in the shop 4 times.

When I bought the car I noticed a small key-like object located under the steering wheel. The same used-car manager informed me....after I asked what it was...that this was an alarm system that Nissan tried using for a while, but that it didin't work out, so they quit making it. Come to find out, it's an after market alarm and if I lose that key my car is worthless, because it will not crank without that key. This information was passed on to me by the Nissan dealership that I am currently using here in South Carlolina. This alone proves the dishonest tactics used by this particular dealership to sell a car.

A month after I bought the car I took it to Strand Nissan, for the first time. (here in SC)

They informed me that when they put the car up on the rack the tire fell off and that they were suprised the wheel did not come off while on the interstate! Funny isn't it....after if passed all those inspections. I have since then experienced a MULTITUDE of problems with this vehicle.

My newest main concern is that now water is coming into the car under the dash board on the drivers side! I now have water and mildew!!

There has to be some recourse with this situation.

Thanks for your concern and help in this matter.

Sincerely,