lights bulbs - FRESH START HANDICAPPED WORKERS, INC. OF PHOENIX, AZ

Posted on Thursday, November 17th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 62f4a76f

Company: lights bulbs - FRESH START HANDICAPPED WORKERS, INC. OF PHOENIX, AZ

lights bulbs - FRESH START HANDICAPPED WORKERS, INC. OF PHOENIX, AZ

November 16, 2005

FRESH START HANDICAPPED WORKERS, INC. OF PHOENIX, AZ IS SOLD TWO LIGHT BULBS FOR $27.95 TO MY 86 YR. OLD MOTHER OVER THE PHONE THEN TRIED TO GET BANK ROUTING NUMBER TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM HER ACCOUNT.

Edna Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_50589#

1379ce71, 2008-07-26, 11:58AM CDT

Fresh Start called and I agreed to purchase 5 bulbs for $55.00. I refused to give my banking info to them although they really pressed me for it. I asked for an invoice which they sent with the bulbs. Within a few days they were calling back and asking for payment, I told them I had just received the bulbs and would mail a check within the next 2 days. The person on the phone told me "You misunderstand, that is not an option, you have to do a check by phone now". Needless to say but at that point I was angry with the rude treatment. I asked the lady how she was going to enforce her statement and she went on to tell me how sorry I was and that people were not eating because I wouldn't give my bank info on the phone. I again told her I would mail a check in a couple of days and she said that was unacceptable. At that point I asked her to not contact me again for more products or for payment and that I would report them to the BBB. At this point, I'm going to return the bulbs to them (I had not even had time to open the box) and will report them to this states BBB. I'm not even sure this is a legitimate organization.

80daaeb4, 2009-02-10, 05:59PM CST

Fresh start is a real scam!

They sold my mother $93.00 in trash bags

and have also been running a scam on her

for a couple of years selling her

a candle holder for $45.00, 3 bottles

of disinfectant spray for $45.00.

My mother is 85.00 years old and they

call her up to buy these products but

they never tell her the amount she

will have to pay. It's a scam.

90616b67, 2010-09-26, 11:42AM CDT

I agreed to buy 2 lightbulbs, which I was assured were "the most energy efficient" bulbs out there, for $17, after a high pressure, guilt ridden sales pitch. I received 2 regular lightbulbs and a bill for $32. I am sending them back, as this is clearly not an honest company!

6ae27df8, 2010-12-29, 07:37AM CST

I have never been pressured or asked to pay immediately. I've always received my purchases with an invoice and paid by check. Their air freshener, though expensive, really works.