Posted on Friday, November 11th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 1a340d37

Company: Literary Guild Select

November 10, 2005

P.O. Box 6400

Camp Hill, PA, 17012-6400 This "Book Club" began sending books to me. I do not know who they are and certainly did not order any books or join any club. Calling their "Customer Service" telephone no. only sends you on a tour of their "Automated" service where you cannot talk to any human. Their website is also a dead end. Apparently, I have been the victim of a fraud because they have my credit card info and home address and have been billing my credit card. My credit card company has canceled my old card and issued a new one and I have written to the Literary Guild to explain. I trust that will solve the problem. Is anyone else out there experiencing the same? Subsequent to a number of letters from me, including a certified letter - return receipt as well as some action from my credit card company, the Literary Guild Select finally contacted me and agreed to cancel my account and remove me from their mailing list. I'm still not sure what action resulted in this finally coming to an end, but am happy it's ended. Frank Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_50776#

1a340d37, 2008-02-23, 02:00PM CST

well....someone offered this comment:

"watch when you take surveys online. At the end of the survey you have to take advantage of two of the free offers in order to get your "free gift." The offers can be book clubs, cd clubs, magazines, etc. As much as I hate to admit it, the book clubs and cd clubs and the other sponsors are innocent. They can't get your credit card information or order unless you click on it. The bad part is that you don't realize you're doing it. You only wanted your free gift. There's nothing online that is truly free. There's always a catch."

But I don't agree. I may have taken some on-line survey, but am always careful about not giving out my credit card info. Besdies, at the same time as I had this problem, I had some others - an aol acount was opened in my name and I was signed up in a cd club. Someone had my credit card and personal info and was playng games. I was lucky to catch it before it went too far and lucky to have escaped relatively unscathed (althought it did take quite a bit of time to straighten things out). Frank