Mt. Vernon Coin Company

Posted on Tuesday, May 10th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 25c80e48

Company: Mt. Vernon Coin Company

Dear Sir, At the time that Mr. Michael Cox placed his order, we were experiencing a rash of fraudulent orders from customers placing large orders for gold coins, charged with American Express credit cards. Mr. Cox’s order fit the pattern, and was flagged by our accounting department to be researched through American Express security. When it was determined that his order was legitimate (a lengthy process), Mr. Cox’s order was shipped. Unfortunately, when Mr. Cox called to cancel, his order was not able to be found in the normal location on our computers due to the security check, and the order was filled and shipped. We immediately contacted American Express to issue a refund when we realized our error. This is our 30th year as a coin dealer, and despite our best efforts, we still do occasionally make mistakes. We apologize for the inconvenience to Mr. Cox. Mr. William Henderson

MVCC Accounting Manager

Please list my complaint

10 May 2005 Mt. Vernon Coin Company

45 Old Solomons Island Rd.

Suite 106

Annapolis, Maryland 21401 Sirs, Please add my name to the growing list of dissatisfied customers of your company. In early March I ordered two $20 gold coins by phone and paid with my American Express card. The first week in April, a month later, no coins, no communication, nothing. I then E-mailed and USPS mailed your company canceling my order and expressing my displeasure with your service. Today, 10 May, two months after the initial order and a month after the cancellation of that order, I received a registered letter from your company with my coins. Fortunately I was home so I refused to accept the registered letter. Tonight I contacted American Express and asked them to remove the charge. I called your offices to make sure you knew I had refused the order and why. The girl who answered the phone (no name given) did not really seem to care one way or the other. I was polite and explained why they coins were being refused. Her only response was “okay.” I am no lawyer, but to charge an order AFTER the order was cancelled seems an awful lot like fraud. I am extremely disappointed with your business. I do not suspect I will be able to recommend your “services” to any of the members of my coin collecting club. In addition I am forwarding copies of this letter to www.complaints.com and Coin World with whom I am a long time subscriber. You have clearly lost me, and anyone I have influence over, as customers. If you wish to remain in business I would encourage you to reevaluate your business practices. Cordially, Michael Orlando, FL Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43582#

Bill M., 2012-10-29, 03:58PM CDT

I just recieved my order for some pennies that were missing from my collection and was very dissapointed in the quality of the coins. Most of them the date couldn't even be read!!! Don't expect anymore orders from me!!!