Technical Support Mr. Mott: I am writing to inform you of a problem regarding your technical support servi - Dell Computer: tech. support

Posted on Thursday, May 5th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by d2c0f34f

Company: Technical Support Mr. Mott: I am writing to inform you of a problem regarding your technical support servi

Dell Computer: tech. support

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to attach a letter sent to Dell CEO and CIO dated 3/21/05 via fax. To date I have not received any response from Dell. Please contact me if more info. is needed;

March 21, 2005 Mr. Randall D. Mott Chief Information Officer Dell Inc. 1 Dell Way Round Rock, TX 78682 VIA FACSIMILE Re: Technical Support Mr. Mott: I am writing to inform you of a problem regarding your technical support services and processes. For the past four weeks, I have attempted to contact your customer support group. I discovered a problem with my PC on 2/15/05 and called Dell during the week on 2/21/05. After waiting on two prior occasions, for more than two hours at a time, I finally reached a representative to place a technical service order. At this time, I did not realize that you set up your call system to front a dispatcher as a technical support representative. After completing my order with the dispatcher for technical support I was placed on hold again. This time, I was on hold for more than 2 and a half hours before my phone unfortunately lost its connection. I attempted to call back over the next few days and repeated all of the steps above. I have yet to speak with any of your technical support team members yet I have paid for my one-time technical support service which is now expired.

My total time invested in waiting on your hold queue is more than 15 hours adding all the attempts I have made in calling your support phone centers. In no case have I been offered the possibility to connect directly to a technical support team member. Each time I call, nearly an hour of my time is wasted to simply get connected to a dispatcher so that I could be placed on hold yet again. My most recent hold experience involved a cross-connected conversation in which I could not be heard, but the technical support call from another dispatcher was somehow cross-connected with my hold music. Every detail of this persons account information, problem, location etc. was clear to me. This is an obvious privacy violation, but the problem seems much greater for the general populous of callers that cannot get through due to unreasonable and seemingly unaddressed hold times. This is simply a brief synopsis of examples of experiences I have had with your support call centers. You see Mr. Mott, I am a very patient person, but paying for a service and never being able to connect with the actual people who can deliver is simply bad business. I am at a loss as I cannot even discuss this matter with anyone who can help. I have sent feedback at your website and explained these details to countless representatives. I am sending this letter in the hope that you or someone in your corporate offices can help me connect with the right people to solve this problem. Please be advised that I will seek alternative settlement in the matter by means of the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce if this communication fails to produce a resolution. Lawrence Chicago, IL 60640 cc: Kevin Rollins (Dell CEO), Round Rock Chamber of Commerce (via fax: 512.255.3345) Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43695#