AOL - AOL / dealing with AOL

Posted on Friday, May 27th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by e899d1c9

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

To Whom This May Concern........ I am having a problem with getting AOL to leave me alone.

The problem started as of the year 2002-2003 when that year I had a computer for the first time. I did not have a saving account or a debit card in order to get service with them. So my daughter was paying for it out of her account using my name and Social Security number for the AOL account.

Anyway, AOL got to where they were taking one or two payments a month out of my daughters account with out her knowing until she got her bank statements. She would call AOL and it was not resolved. This continued until she finally tried to cancel with them. Once you get on with AOL they won't cancel no matter how many times you call and tell them. So in December of 2004 my husband purchased me a new computer and I signed on with AOL for the free trial. I had the service for about a week and was checking on something with the account and a guy that works there told me my account had been closed for none payment. I asked what???????

I told him my daughter closed the account and had stilled been charged and they were still charging her account and the bank was charging her also. That didn't seem to matter.

Well, he sort of got irate with me cause I told him I was not paying for a closed account that they had tried to leave open. He told me I could not have another account with them till this is paid off. But now I got a letter a couple of weeks ago and they are charging me $50.00 saying I closed this other account after Christmas. I did not close the account THEY did.......

So what I am asking where do I go from here? I do not want AOL anymore and want them to leave me alone. They are still calling me at my home.

Thank You......