E Tour and Travel, Orlando, FL

Posted on Thursday, May 26th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 1c2285ed

Company: E Tour and Travel, Orlando, FL

E Tour and Travel, Orlando, FL

I was contacted by the above co. on 5/25/05 offering a 'FANTASTIC" tour package. They insisted that I provide my credit card # and a $298.00 charge for them while they were on the phone. When I told them that I thought it would be imprudent for me to comply with their request without first checking it out, they wished me a good day and hung up. Sounds like a scam to me. Regards,

Jim Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43989#

f666c8b7, 2007-10-27, 10:41AM CDT

Absolutely, unfortunately I was sucked into their scam. They called me almost immediately after I had made Hotel reservations in Florida. Highly suspicious of a shared database of Florida travelers released to them my phone number and information.

Thus, confusing me that they were a legit company, working with the same hotel, Florida vacation spots, etc.

I was burnt fully. The $298 is not the only charge, they will DRAIN your checking account dry. Treat you rudely if you can get a hold of a representative and drive home some sort of bologna about a 15 day cancellation TOS contract that is fraudulent.

If they call you, email you or snail mail you - do yourselves a favor and steer clear of these dishonest, rude and deceitful scammers!!!!!

72425c2f, 2008-01-07, 05:43PM CST

I was contacted as well 1/7/08. While the cust serv was on the line I looked them up on the net and this article came up. I mentioned it to the person and they said I'm sure it is old and I told them there was one from Oct 2007.

He said "Really and hung up"

HOPE THIS HELP SOMEONE ELSE!

9b9e0271, 2008-01-31, 02:09AM CST

That is terrible! Thanks for the heads up. I got a call from Universal Adventure USA. They had some pretty good deals and I was hesitant. I did some research in the BBB and they had no complaints. I ended up traveling with them and I had a good vacation with my fianc. He fancied the amusement parks.

Seren Gallina

ac846352, 2008-02-04, 11:07AM CST

They seem to be sort of scetchy. I only know then trough applying for a job as a sales rep for them in Orlando over near UCF. Their office is an upscale boiler room and they don't even have a "true" application (I didn't ask for any employment reference phone numbers or anything else relevant). They pretty much just hire anyone who can speak clearly, train you for one day - not even a whole day, then they throw you on the phones and pump you up to get a credit card sale in one call.

8de6d2ca, 2008-03-13, 09:26PM CDT

They got me for $98.00. I was supposed to get an email confirming the conversation, I never recieved one. I called back to inform that I didnt recieve it and they gave me a fake account number and quickly hung up. My boyfriend told me it was a scam..I guess I wont be recieving the items in the mail either.

15d26070, 2008-05-02, 12:33PM CDT

They just called me and have been for the past two weeks. I read all the different complaints and then told them not to call and they began laughing on the phone and called back twice when I told them to put me on the "Do Not Call List"

d47f3d7c, 2008-05-23, 12:01AM CDT

They called my home in Montreal, Canada recently to confirm my travel plans.

I never contacted them and never booked a tour of anywhere with them.

I threatened that they immediately remove my number and name from their marketing scam list or else prosecution by the RCMP (Canada's FBI) Phonebusters Division would occur.

They also called me with the same scam a year again.

104b9f1f, 2009-07-12, 04:02PM CDT

E tour and travel. ITS A SCAM!!!!! 1-866-897-2756. That is the number that has been calling my phone for the past week. Every time I ask them to take me off their calling list. Today I called them back and asked again and the kid said "Um, let me think about it, NO!" and hung up. Sounds like a bunch of punk kids, not a legitimate business. I would never give them my money! I filed a complaint with the BBB. Their company rating is an "F". These people are liars and scam artists, they need to be shut down. Innocent people are wasting time and money!!!!!

4ff96c5d, 2008-09-10, 06:05PM CDT

I am sorry to hear that I to gave them my credit card number and information ....over the phone and was buying a 398.00 deal I gave my info and within 7 business days I had my paper work and was off to scheduling my dream vacation!! I then called the reservation department and started planning... the only additional fees I recieved was for $49.00 a night and that was because I chose to upgrade to stay in one of the 3 bedroom resorts. I thank e tour and travel for giving me and my family such a great vacation at a great price and leaving us plenty of money to do so much more with !! I LOVE e tour and travel !!!

4fd74022, 2008-09-17, 04:05PM CDT

I have also had tons of problems with this company. The first time I answered the phone I told them I was not interested in what they were talking about, and asked them not to call me again. Then for the last 4 weeks they have called me at least 4 times a day, and when I finally got fed up about this yesterday I told 2 people to take me off their list, and they told me they would. Then today I receieved another phone call from them, and as I started telling them about yesterday the boy (that is what I will call him) said "Maam I do not feel like dealin with your attitude" and hung up.

So I called the number back. Lets hope this lil boy who hung up on me gets in trouble and lets hope they stop calling me!

Oh and the number they call on is my cell number...who knows how they got that!

I will report them if it continues and I told them that!

f48bb573, 2008-11-21, 07:43PM CST

I have been dealing with the same issues of harrassing calls on my cell phone. how do you get a corp office phone number? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

5ae9c6fa, 2008-12-12, 05:18PM CST

While I understand your displeasure with the ruddness of the "little boy" of the phone, I must also wonder how you carried yourself to provoke such behavior from somone who was simply doing their job. You have obviously never had the displeasure of having to work for this type of company. These employees are given a list of names and phone numbers and told they are calling already interested parties. When someone asks to be taken off the list the employee has to have a manager do it. If the manager does not do their job, which they often don't, you will remain on the list and some poor "little boy" has to deal with you taking your frustration out on the wrong person. If you want to claim to be an adult and thereby act like one perhaps the next time you decide to give the person on the other line a peice of your mind, which i'm sure you do o so tactfully, make sure your talking to the right person and have a little consideration for the people stuck in a horrible job due to the current economy or otherwise unpleasant circumstances. Here's an idea have a little class.

3aad8924, 2008-12-12, 05:19PM CST

e9c8801a, 2008-12-26, 04:22PM CST

Personally I'd have to say quality control was 100%. For $298 ETour and Travel sent My family of 5 to the number one vacation spot in the U.S.(Orlando,FL) to the number one beach in the world (Daytona Beach, FL,) and gave us a rental car through Enterprise, the number one rental car company in the U.S. All of this on the 4th of July!

1ebfa1a4, 2008-12-30, 11:27AM CST

Just got a phone call stating i had inquired so they were contacting me back. I never filled out any request and when i told them i wasn't interested he called me an idiot since i found this site while i had him on the line, i responded to him 'your mother is an idiot' for having such a rude son.

df4f8e55, 2009-06-20, 09:09PM CDT

It was the same thing for me as all of you. They, Yuki (Opperator #1432), said that I had won a free trip to florida including a cruise, beachfront hotel and free passes to Universal Studios for only $295 registration each. They asked if I was married and I said yes and they wanted me to get my wife on another line so they could tell us both about the trip. At first I said that she was sleeping and then they said that it is company policy to tell both people at the same time and hung up.

They called back later when my wife was there and we talked to them about the "trip". Yuki passed us on to Lindsey so she could verify our details and "get our package off to us". She asked about our VISA card and I said that I don't have a VISA but I do have a Mastercard. She kept asking for the number and expiration date and I eventually made one up (and wrote it down so I could verify it if she asked to repeat it). She even went as far as to ask me to repeat it backwards.

When I asked for info from them they said it fast and mumbled but I was able to get the name E Tour and Travel as well as an address (3626 Quadrangle). My wife looked them up online and found several places that indicated they are a scam. I looked at the sites while "Lindsay" was on the line and then I asked to speak to her supervisor when she kept refusing to send me anything that indicated that they were a legitamite company. Her supervisor came on and she had a different accent than the first two people. It took only a few seconds for me to be transfered and the supervisor knew everything that was said before. The supervisor eventually got frustrated and "lost" her accent and hung up.

I kept her on the phone for over half an hour, so that is half an hour that she was not able to scam someone else. It is sad that people have to make money that way.

I am going to report the call to Phonebusters (in canada) 1-888-495-8501 and I would suggest anyone else who has been targetted report it to the police.

The best thing is to NOT give out your credit card info to anyone. They used many techniques on me to give it up but I kept refusing.

Sorry about the long post and thanks for reading it to the end ;)

PS: There are a few "positive" posts on this forum and I would think that they are just trying to reassure those people who check the company out before forking over the money. And by the way, they said that mastercard had approved the transaction...but I hadn't given them my number.

df4f8e55, 2009-06-20, 09:11PM CDT

Sorry about the long post and thanks for reading it to the end ;)

98a40d5c, 2009-07-09, 09:22PM CDT

I was contacted by this company. Very rude people. They refused to take me off their list and couldn't tell me where they got my information. I was hung up on when I asked the saleswoman's name so I called back. They again refused to take me off their list or give me a name. I called again to talk to a manager only to get hung up on. I called again to speak with a manager and the man refused again to give a name for "security" reasons. If this was a reputable company they wouldn't fear giving out their name. He finally agreed to take me off their list probably because he knew I would continue to request a manager and name until I was taken off. A company that has that horrible of people working for them cannot be legit. I recommend if you had an encounter with this company, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

95625738, 2009-09-15, 05:25PM CDT

I had the same call today, when I hung up on them they continued to call back. The phone number is not listed anymore.

6c2fb46e, 2009-10-22, 09:55AM CDT

I was contacted today while at work, they offered me a $99 dollar vacation package. I told them that I had to talk to my husband. She put me on the phone with her supervisor who told me to call him on the three way. He also asked me why was I reluctant to make that decision, of course he asked while I was googling their company. They should be ashamed

660c28c0, 2009-11-03, 07:52PM CST

REFER ALL INFORMATION ON THIS OUTFIT TO THE FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL. THEY OPERATE UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES. ALSO GO TO DONOTCALL.GOV AND REGISTER YOUR NUMBER AND INFORM THEM EACH TIME THEY CALL. WHEN I GOT THE FL. ATTORNEY GENERAL ON THEIR CASE 2 YEARS AGO THEY HAD TO PAY ME OVER A HUNDRED DOLLARS AND THEY WERE P.Od.

381431df, 2009-12-15, 11:38AM CST

Brutal!

"Ryan" called me, gave me info when I registered online a week earlier to "win" this (I certainly don't remember) and proceeded to give great detail of 7 d in Orlando hotel, rental car, Universal Studios, 4 d in Daytona, cruise, etc. When asked she claimed to be calling for Universal Studios. She tried to be very friendly and establish rapor but had the rehersed tone of somebody who'd used those same lines 1000 times.

When transferred to the supervisor she insisted on credit card info on the spot and refused to send info to my email address without it. She became very rude and coercive and talked over me while I politely told her I would not give out that info on an unsolicited phone call.

Finally she hung up on me mid-sentence!

Total scam!!! Obviously, if there was any truth to the deal they'd allow you to consider it and call back to buy it.

4d5087d6, 2010-05-15, 01:24PM CDT

Just got off of the phone with E-Tour(11:05am PT 5/15/2010) they told me about there web site so I started to check them out same routine and same price $289.00 since 2005. how can they offer this price in this economy Thanks to all that have posted and this web site

2757c087, 2010-06-04, 08:35AM CDT

Well, its amazing. The miracle has been done. Hats off. Well done, as we know that hard work always pays off, after a long struggle with sincere effort its done.

--------

mgibs

<a href="http://besttourisminfo.com" rel="dofollow">Best Tourism Info</a>

5c56ec78, 2010-10-27, 02:38PM CDT

I had a great experience with this company four years ago. My husband and I got a rental car (Dodge Charger) from enterprise and went to Daytona and Orlando as promised. We only had to listen to a 90 min. no pressure presentation and came home when our 7 days were up!

774ac362, 2010-11-27, 04:19PM CST

I was contacted on 11/27/10. It is now down to 99.00

a1ee193d, 2011-02-01, 05:16PM CST

this is a scam had to cancel my card,they would not let me cancel.

bc655e53, 2011-04-11, 09:05PM CDT

They call me each days for a year... i tell them to stop and they don' t.... what can i do ????

425f034f, 2011-09-16, 12:32PM CDT

You tell these people you don't have a passport and to STOP calling and they won't. I'm sick of telling them I'm NOT interested nor do I have a passport, I'm fed up of hanging up on them and their bullcrap calls. I don't know where they "as they say" got my name online but I don't want their phone calls.

e7013a44, 2011-10-17, 09:55PM CDT

This is a total scam. I bought a package from them back in 2005 and I couldn't use it because I'm in the military and didn't get the chance. They've been calling me ever since and trying to upsale me on something new. If I tell them I'm not interested, regardless of how cordial I'm being, they just hang up and call again a few days later. I've told them repeatedly to take me out of their database but they keep calling. I've talked to a lawyer and am considering sueing them for harrassment.