Directtv satellite monroeville / ft.wayne in.

Posted on Tuesday, May 17th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 4a7dccb6

Company: Directtv satellite monroeville / ft.wayne in.

Directtv satellite monroeville / ft.wayne in.

we have the premier package which cots us $101.74 a month and November of 2004 we got an ad that said we could get local channels free so we ordered it. when they came out to hook it up, which took 4 1/2 hours and they had the wrong boxes, we have 2, they had to order new ones and that took another week to get them delivered and installed. I had to talk to someone at directtv and agree to another year of service and was informed that it would cost an additional $5.00 a month.

When I argued that it was advertised for free they said we could have it free for 6 months then would have to pay the $5.00, I finially agreed to these terms. On 5-14-05 we didn't have local channels. I called today 5-16-05 and was disconnected from the first tech after 15 minutes. I called back and got another tech who ended up loosing all my satellite conection. I was then transfered to another tech who had me on and off hold for another hour and finially did get all my satellite service working again so all total I was on the phone with them for an hour and a half.

If they would have sent a tech to my home they would have been paid for at least an hour and half. I asked to be reimbursed for the time my local channels were out plust the time I had to do the work a tech would do. Of course they refused and I will refuse to do their work when this happens again in 3 or 4 months which it has been doing for the past 2 years. The only other satellite service, dish, is worse than directtv and comcast cable doesn't have many channels in our area and is more expensive for ther full packages.

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43447#