1996 Dodge 3500 Pickup Brakes

Posted on Friday, May 13th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 48b0b666

Company: 1996 Dodge 3500 Pickup Brakes

1996 Dodge 3500 Pickup Brakes

Manteca Dodge, Manteca California.

I took it in on approx 4/12/05 because the brake pedal was spongy. They charged me $1,111.00 and when I left the brakes were worse.

I brought it back and they kept it from a Friday thru Monday and said that they checked out everything and that they could find no problem, but that they found some additional room to re-adjust the rear brakes and did so.

I drove it the 14 miles home, mostly freeway with hardly any braking on the way and when I got home the brakes froze up, the vehicle would not move and there was black smoke coming from the rear wheels. I called the shop and was told that I needed to have it towed back. I paid the tow truck driver that came to tow it back to the shop.

The shop keep it all that day saying they could not finish it due to unavailable parts.

Actually I had no idea what I was in for since I did not accompany the vehicle. Finally the dealer called me on the following day and told me that they still did not have the part for the hand brake but I could pick it up and bring it back for the hand brake.

When I arrived to pick it up they charged me an additional $996.00 saying that the brake adjuster must had malfunctioned and seized up and burned up all the brake parts on the rear wheels including the drums. I believe the mechanic had adjusted the rear brakes too tight and that’s what caused the problem but had to pay to get my pickup back. I also did not authorize the $996.00 and had no idea of this additional charge until I came to pick it up but could not get my pickup back without paying.

I am a 73 year old Widow on Social Security and this is going to make life difficult paying off my Visa for this mess. The brakes are now no better than they were when I first brought the vehicle to them. I don't know very much about cars and believe that I have been taken advantage of. Please help.

Barbara

Modesto CA, 95358 Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43503#