1999 chevy malibu

Posted on Friday, May 13th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 2e49b0ac

Company: 1999 chevy malibu

1999 chevy malibu

I have a Chevy Malibu, which has defective tail lights. I went to Maroone Chevy at 12,000 miles again at 15,000 miles to see if there is a recall NO RECALL AS YET, I was told.

I went in again at 30,000 and the manager laught at me and said there was NO RECALL.

I have spoken to several people who have Malibus and they are experiencing the same problem. The bulbs keep on burning out and melting the plastic housing the bulbs go into. I was told to buy the tail light assemblys $ 250.00 each one thats $500.00, for both not includiong labor. I have heard of one the tail lights causing a fire by shorting out.

I have gone to Maroone Chevy in Pembroke Pines, Florida on many occasions and they know what is wrong but donot want to admit the tail light failure. I am afraid that if the cars lights go out I will have an accident.

I am a person on disability and widows benefits so me buying the lights is almost impossible as my medication is costly and I need the car for transportation back and forth too the Doctors and to take my child to school ( adopted him, my daughter diod not want him ) and the car is very important to me the car is my legs.

I seems that GENERAL MOTORS knows about this problem but does not want to solve there problem. I am on a limited income and if I had the money I would replace the lights myself, but I donot. I have a child to raise.

How can I resolve this problem as I like the car but it will cause a problem , someone will not see the brake lights

and hit into the back of my car.

I have also asked for the records of the times I have returned to complain about the rear tail lights and Maroone did not put the times on their computer.

I hope to hear of others having the same problem. Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_43508#