Costco Optical

Posted on Tuesday, March 29th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by b2152782

Company: Costco Optical

Costco Optical

I bought eyeglasses at Costco and just over one year, bubbles formed on them. Costco would do nothing as it was over one year.

I wouldn't recommend them or go back to them.

Lou F Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

7e9dbf82, 2008-03-04, 10:34PM CST

We apologize for the issue stated above. But, the Costco policy is 100% customer satisfaction in the optical department. If you happened to get an employee that did not adhere to this policy, you could have called the customer service line and the employee would have been notified and your glasses would have been fixed. You could have gotten a disgruntled employee that day (and, we all have those days) and the situation was not even considered. I would call another Costco and let them affirm my above statement without such a blanket dismissal that you have given Costco optical.

1a8feff6, 2008-04-09, 12:46AM CDT

How did bubbles form. On the frame, or the lenses?? I work in the optical field and see defective product, and also see eyewear not used properly. Sometimes when a patient takes off his/her glasses with one hand, and over time, that one eyeglass temple, aka the arm becomes bent/damaged, the patient sees that as defective. In fact, it is NOT as the patient is to remove eyeglasses with both hands. If those glasses were purchased at Costco, and bubbles appeared....well..cant help you there, because you didnt give enough information, except, you are bashing them for you being upset and them not really taking the time to help you. You should have spoken to the dept. manager, who is ususally very helpful. All we opticians ask, is if you are just kind. We deal with everyone in all sorts of moods, so take it into consideration how we feel.

da7f3507, 2008-09-14, 05:35PM CDT

Watch out for Costco: you get what you pay for, plus some extra damage. I got my lenses replaced there, and they needed to be adjusted once they got back from the lab. Not a big deal and entirely expected. However, the first saleswoman they had help me, Marilyn, automatically bent the frames ("boxed off" in her words) back to being perfectly symmetrical, consistent with the shape she thought frames should be. The fatal flaw in this reasoning is that people don't have symmetrical and even faces, as any eyeglass professional I have encountered in my 12 years of wearing glasses (no contacts, just glasses) knows. She spent little time trying to diagnose the problem, and thought they could all be solved by twisting the nosepads. Since she had no success, at times making them worse. Also, after using the machine to heat them to make the metal bendable, she gave them to me to put back on immediately, thus burning the sensitive skin behind my ear. This, again, has never happened to me with any other place, whether it's an eye doctor or free-standing eyeglass boutique.

Finally, she referred me to a second woman, Rebecca, who saw them on my face for 0.2 seconds, then slammed and bent the frames to be even (really, what is it with you people?!) on the table, and they were the worst I fit that I have ever experienced. The frames were wavy, metal twisted, and squeezed my temples. The metal is irrevocably damaged, and I need to return to speak with the manager tomorrow. Rebecca became defensive after I told her to stop working on them, saying "I've been here just as long as Marilyn" and huffing off with an attitude. This complete lack of customer service compounded the damaging incompetence I witnessed. My hands were literally shaking with helpless rage as I watched her destroy my Fendi 662's (not purchased at Costco), and I regret not stopping her. But, when Costco installs employees behind an optical counter, you expect and trust that they're professionals. They're not.

604230fc, 2008-09-14, 05:37PM CDT