Magic Chef Microwave made by Daewoo

Posted on Thursday, March 24th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by e45dc4a3

Company: Magic Chef Microwave made by Daewoo

Magic Chef Microwave made by Daewoo

Residence - Pleasanton, CA I have a microwave I purchased in 10/04 from Costco. The manufacturing tag clearly states it was made in 9/04. The microwave does not work and began exhibiting problems intermittently in 01/05. I have yet to obtain a live individual that can provide me with instructions for obtaining my warranty support.

The product is warranted for one year. The company's customer service is awful. At this rate, the warranty period will end before I can fix the unit. Trying to find a service center to log a call is proving difficult. I have tried to utilize their web and 800#s, but both seem to be unresponsive black holes. Regards, Lisa

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_74302# Consumer

796bbc78, 2009-12-17, 01:29PM CST

it seems these ovens have magnetrons that fail rather early. Magnetrons are the parts that make the radio energy that cook your food. Often they magnetron will melt and you can see how it is damage by removing it from the oven. for some reason these models easily get damaged magnetrons.

The oven I am trying to repair seems to have very low hours yet died quickly it seems. Magnetrons are expensive to replace.