1993 Chevy Lumina Van

Posted on Monday, March 14th, 2005 at 12:00am CST by 0997cb5c

Company: 1993 Chevy Lumina Van

1993 Chevy Lumina Van

I bought my first used vehicle from Hood River Ford Mercury in 1998, a 1993 Chevy Lumina Van. I paid this off in just 2 year's time. When it was having radiator and other problems after four years I decided to trade it in on a new make of car as I drive for The Senior Services here and need a reliable car for transporting my clients to and from the appointments that they need to go too. I went back to Hood River Ford Mercury and told them there that I wanted to trade the Van for something newer and more reliable and I explained to the dealer that I couldn't pay more than $300.00 a month payments because I am dissabled,on a fixed income and only work part time for The Senior Services and don't have a lot of money. They got me into a 1998 Mercury Sable car the beginning of 2004 for $243.00 a month payments.

After driving this car for only 10 months, the heater core went out of it and they said that I would have to pay them $675.00 for the repairs that they were going to make to it. I told them that the whole reason for me getting a newer car was so that I didn't have to have my car in the shop and or make car repair payments and car payments at the same time....

Hood River Ford Mercury then came up with the idea of trading that car (and $400.00 more cash)for a 2002 Mercury Sable instead and again raised the monthly payments up to $318.54 a month. I then agreed because I felt at that time, I didn't have a choice so a got that car. Then within 7 months of owning this 2002 Mercury Sable, I had to have it in the shop 8 different times for electrical problems that made it run poorly. I got no help from anyone there at the dealership except the run a round and no solution to the problems. After the 8th time of taking that car in for supposed repairs and even sending complaints to The Ford Company itself, I knew that nothing was going to be resolved with them. I took the car to The Hood River Chrysler Jeep Dealership and told them that I needed to have a different car because the 2002 Sable was not what I needed. They used my Sable as a trade in for a 2004 Dodge Neon but raised the monthly payments up to $454.00 a month. I at this point was thinking that this was really starting to get out of hand. I agreed as I was told that I didn't have a choice of vehicles since they had to pay off my other car. After two months of driving it and making two payments on this 2004 Dodge Neon, they contacted me and said that they would need $600.00 dollars down payment before I could keep the Neon.

I told them that I didn't have $600.00 dollars to give them. So they traded this car for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (I said I didn't want a van), and they said that it was the only choice I could have at this point, and they raised the payment again to $457.00 a month. I am dissabled and I told the salesperson that a van would not suit my work with having to pick the more feeble people up into the sliding door of a van and (all along I told them I didn't have that kind of money and I couldn't pay more than $300.00 a month payments.)

When they made the deal for this van I was also promised that I would get my last payment back from the Dodge Neon, my extended warranty money back from the Mercury Sable that I traded it for and that they would order racks for the top of the van. (I got none of this.) So I voluntarily gave the van back to the financial institution that it was financed through. Now I am facing those penalties and or bankcruptsy to avoid them. I will have my first meeting with an attorney about this bankcurptsy on March 22, but would prefer that it hadn't come to this. I just thought that you should also be aware that the people that own both of these companies are one and the same. I don't think that they treated me fairly and I also know that there are many other people that they have done this sort of thing too. I am also working with another car dealership who are well aware of what has been going on, and they have gotten me into a nice little car that is affordable for me and suits my situation. I just don't think that these dealerships should treat people like this and get away with it. Thank you for your time and I hope something will be done about these dishonest sales practices.

Ladyrose

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_73714# Consumer