Complaints about Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse

Posted on Wednesday, June 29th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by d9b327b9

Company: Complaints about Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse

Complaints about Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse

This is to address the complaints about numerous problems with Lowe's. As someone who once worked for them I feel I can shed some light on a few things. One of the biggest complaints I have seen is the lack of help loading. This is a real problem and it stems from two main problems.

One is that Lowe's is like any other RETAIL STORE , meaning that they run the store on a shoestring budget. This of course means that the ratio of customers to employees is VERY lopsided. It's like going into a Walmart or K Mart, no one around to help when you need it. Of course the managers still get bonuses and the corporation gets richer BECAUSE they run the stores like that.

So complain to them, please, and not the employee who works there, they're just trying to make a living. Secondly, you can't get help loading because of all the LAZY customers who are monopolizing the Loader's time. Before you get angry let me explain. By lazy I mean the people who need a few 2x4s and a couple bags of concrete loaded, or the people who come with a group of friends and "don't want to waste their energy before they get to the jobsite", or my personal favorite, the nicely dressed individual who " can't do it because they don't want their nice clothes to get dirty". The elderly, those with "genuine" back problems, and those who have LARGE loads, THEY need help, not those LAZY bastards. Problem is, management at lowe's says anyone who requests help must be given it so these people abuse the system that is there for those who need it.

Next time you need help loading and see one of those LAZY people getting helped, jump on THEM, not the employees. Or better yet, bring someone with you who can help. Then you know you will get helped. Example number three of LAZY people brings up another complaint I heard many times working for LOwe's. People would constantly tell that the floors , and shelves, and building materials were dirty and/or they had gotten their good clothing messy because of it. Here's a news flash for you people, IT'S GOING TO BE DIRTY!!! Dress properly, dress like you are going to be working around the house or in the yard because there aren't enough people on the payroll to keep the place immaculate. Don't wear dress clothes or dry clean only materials ( I'm looking at all of you who come in after church and all you doctors, lawyers, and business people, use your brain.).

The last thing I will leave you with is this: Lowe's is not your corner hardware store, they are a RETAIL STORE run for maximum company profit that pays it's employees little and expects them to take all sorts of abuse from angry customers who think they can do the job better. Next time any of you out there get that idea in your head, try it, apply for a job at Lowe's and really see how "easy" a job they have. Please remember, take complaints to management, or corporate, or even a site like this. Maybe if we shame them enough they might make some changes and really put customer service back into their stores.

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_11672#

9f3998f9, 2008-03-23, 10:45AM CDT

I"m not sure about anything except for the fact that Lowes corp. Apparently does not take care of any of thier stores. An example is Lowes 0357 in kokomo,Indiana. There are holes in the ceiling,Birds flying all over the store. The automatic going to outside lawn garden area fell on a worker. What if that had been a cusstomer? Thier coolers that hold water and gatorade are both out of order. The bathrooms are unsanitary. I would compare them to a gas station restroom. Oh and thier is a huge Rat about the size of a house cat living in the electric dept. Which mangers say theirs nothing they can do about. If you ask me Lowe's 0357 in kokomo,Indiana is a death trap and it is just a matter of time before a a customer gets hurt and Lowe's is out milllions of dollars. Lowe's corp. dosen't care what thier stores look like as long as the money keeps rolling in.

9f3998f9, 2008-03-23, 10:45AM CDT

70c92813, 2008-09-10, 10:44AM CDT

One thing that is very accurate in the above posting is that Lowe's runs on a shoestring budget. But it ends there. Lowe's pays its employees more than ANY other retail chain, that's a fact. To compare it to Walmart is just plain silly. Walmart has an average markup of 400% on all its products, especially its clothing line. The AVERAGE markup in Lowes is 29%. Way different profit margin.

Simply put, if you want more one on one service, yes, go to your local lumber yard, plumbing supply store, or corner hardware store. But please, expect to pay 20-50% more than you would at Lowe's or Home Depot. When you shop at a Big Box expect cheaper prices in exchange for less services.

c458eec9, 2008-12-03, 12:09PM CST

I'll remember this post next time I'm in Lowes looking for help and actually watch a few Lowes employees ducking down and quickly making their way to the employees only area..or the next time I see two male employees showing off for either a cute little female customer or sexy little female employee..you know the ones who lean against the loading device and grin like a moron while about 10 customers stand nearby hoping to get his attention..or my personal fav the female employee you ask a question and she gives you this terrified I'm from the planet stupid dazed look! Yes, I will remember your inane post the next time I'm in Lowes and three employees watch me struggling to load a heavy item into a moving cart and they just waltz right by like they haven't a care in the world..btw no I wont bring someone along to do your job, why should I make your day easier no one made my day easy..

Do I want customer service in Lowes? Hell yes I do! My job is hard too I put up with morons everyday, but do I dick around on the job just coz I get my feelings hurt?? Hell no, I do my job the way it's suppose to be done and do you know why?? It's coz I'm not playing grownup I am a grownup..a grownup with responsibilities to myself and to my customers..Hey Skippy, I pay you for a service! When you start paying me to shop in your store then you can bellyache about how unfair life is all you want, but until then shut up do your damn job and do it with pride if you have a problem with that then go dig ditches maybe a few months doing a really hard, really dirty job will help you grow up some!!

f7f71f28, 2009-01-16, 09:58PM CST

Nobody forces you Lowe's employees to work for them. The fact of the matter is that retail is a customer service based business and if you don't understand that working in a warehouse full of heavy objects might entail helping a CUSTOMER lift something, you might want to apply at Mcdonald's or the like where the lifting is a little lighter.

It's rare for me to walk into that place and find an employee. When I do I get the canned response of "this isn't my department". Well genius, what the hell are you doing here then? I bet somebody in your department is asking the guy I need for HELP and he's giving him the same lame excuse.

Your post is pathetic. Next time try for the hero angle instead of the lazy bandwagon, moron.

724dd0b2, 2009-08-19, 06:20AM CDT

I think it's pretty obvious that people like the ones below me are what's wrong with the world.

d3cdecbf, 2010-07-27, 08:21PM CDT

"It's rare for me to walk into that place and find an employee."

That is because Lowe's runs each department with one employee at a time, depending on the season. The success of the big box format is directly related to customers always buying product from he who offers the lowest price - regardless of service.

"When I do I get the canned response of "this isn't my department". Well genius, what the hell are you doing here then?"

This is for a variety of reasons. One is that we are to help out in other departments when needed. Every day I cover two departments by myself when the Hardware guy goes on lunch break. Another is that we are expected by Lowe's to walk people to other departments as much as possible, not just point. Another might be that we are simply walking from one end of the store to the other for a particular task, passing through several departments along the way.

"I bet somebody in your department is asking the guy I need for HELP and he's giving him the same lame excuse."

Exactly. I would like not to be required to walk customers all over the store and just stay in my department. But Lowe's management doesn't want that. Customers don't like us just pointing down the aisle and saying, "that's on aisle 61."

I came to Lowe's seeing an opportunity. As a customer, I visited the Tools department four times and never received any help. So I applied for the job and figured I'd solve that problem. Then I learned the reality of what is going on.

So like you, moron, I had no clue.

c458eec9, 2010-11-10, 02:38PM CST

You mean people who actually believe in working for a paycheck unlike you..someone who wants the money, but doesn't want to do the work..laziness is a BIG problem here in this so called "free country" we call the good ole USA...

c458eec9, 2011-08-11, 08:00PM CDT

I actually work in a warehouse warehouse, no retail here just loading and unloading trucks all day..so don't boohoo to me about how hard your day is, try unloading 4 53 foot trailors loaded with different size tires which, I have to unload and load and stack by hand weighing between 40 to 75 lbs. if I'm lucky ..I did it by myself with no help from anybody..I'm only 5'4" my weight is my business, but I will say I'm female..you so would NOT do my job!