ER Solutions - Collection Agency

Posted on Monday, June 27th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 439d6b9a

Company: ER Solutions - Collection Agency

ER Solutions - Collection Agency

ER Solutions - 206-674-7507 My 18 year old daughter ran up her Cingular cell phone bill and of course, it was sent to collections.

The bill is in my name and I am responsible for the bill but at this point in time, I am unemployed until early October and with what my wife makes, can barely afford to live. I received, over a period of 3 days, 22 calls from ER Solutions, even on Sunday! Several of these I answered giving them an explanation of my situation. Telling them I was responsible, yes, and that I would be more than willing to pay $50.00 a month to show good faith until I was better off to pay it off. Finally, on one call, I was speaking with a woman who was slightly on the snippy side but that can be expected from such an agency. She put me on to her supervisor who asked me for my financial information. My wife and I read it all out to her with the intentions of working this out and this (polite) woman then connected me to her manager "Bonnie". This woman told me I was to pay up. I said "I can give you $50.00 a month as a good faith payment until I get back on my feet" She says they want more. She says "you take in $2600.00 a month and you pay out $2400.00 a month for other things so you can pay us a minimum of $100.00 a month.

I say "Yeah and that leaves my wife and I $200.00 a month to live on, I can't offer anymore... look, you can't get blood from a stone" She says, "you're not a stone, in fact I wonder what you are and what kind of man you must be to put the entire financial burden of a family on his wife." I said "what???" she says "you heard me" I said "who the hell do you think you are talking to??" She yells back literally "I'm talking to Robert L Squires Jr" I said "you are a real a**hole, lady!" and she says "you are". I think you need some training, girl! Who does business like this???

Is there any legal recourse for this kind of atrocity?

I mean, I'm on the phone for 20 minutes... I could have hung up, avoided them, whatever... but I decided to be honest and see if there was a workable solution to this. But then I get this??? Now I REALLY don't want to deal with them and any chance they may have had of working something out has now gone out the window. -Bob Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_44872#

0e25ae36, 2007-12-27, 01:02PM CST

i agree with you on working with this company. the guythat kept calling me was very rude and persistent( 5-6 calls a day to home and work and cell), the calling me several times at work could have got me fired, even after i told them that i can not have these calls at work,and asked politely if he could call me at home tonight that i am willing to work on this, he said no i cant and hung up on me. They guy even hung up on me again when i said what i could afford to do.. he said " we will note your account that you refused and we will take further action". I then called back and spoke to a lady who was alot of help and offered things that he refused to do. she was very nice and helpful.

7407c6d8, 2008-01-30, 04:03PM CST

OMG! that is messed up! i wouldn't have paid! lol

that woman should be fired, you should go to corporate with this!

find out how to get her fired!

i would

b6ded360, 2008-02-25, 09:14PM CST

file a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission. There are spacific rules and regulations collection agencys must follow. I think the phone number is 1-800-FTC-HELP

cb8ec434, 2008-03-06, 04:13PM CST

You can complain to the FTC...

32a8a2fd, 2008-05-07, 02:56PM CDT

Here you will find a sample letter and additional information on the proper steps; It always helps to find a lawyers advise.....

272dab53, 2008-06-12, 03:14PM CDT

yes these people are very persistent but I tell you what, you cannot, not pay. They will report you to the credit bureau which in turn cost you more money at some point to get it taken care of and its no fun, such as life. But they can be rude and the best thing to do is to get them paid off so they wont have to bother you anymore. The last time I spoke with someone as painfully annoying as it was I set up a plan, but they have to do their job too I guess. There is a certain business ettiquette most of them can use when calling but for the most part they have one common goal--make you feel bad so that you will feel ashamed and pay them as quickly as possible--it's a tactic and apparently they work to some degree, they have been in business for years is what I am in under the impression of...hope that helps, a little.

fec11eb4, 2008-09-09, 12:33AM CDT

Find a lawyer right now, these guys have seriously violatited the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and you can get them to pay your bill for you. Go to naca.com and look up an lawyer in your area, most of them will take the case without charging you a fee and making these jokers pay his fees.

06f004a1, 2008-09-18, 06:12AM CDT

Not only that but these calls are sopposed to be recorded... I would complain.. Best wishes on your situation

de5bc5d0, 2008-11-09, 08:10PM CST

ok Look honestly you guys need to look at it this way.

If you co-sign for some one you are making a legal agreement to pay for any ammount if that party is unable to pay the bill.

It first will go in to a "none payment stat" which your responsible party can still pay as the authorized user. after that it will go into a 1st party coll agency that is linked directly with the client. It is YOUR RESPONSIBLITY AS THE CO-SIGNER TO PAY THE AMMOUNT AT THAT TIME! if it goes into 3rd party coll which is what ERS is yes they do record there calls and honestly Mr. Squires if your 18year old daughter couldnt get a phone in the first place you should have told her to get a pay as you go until such a time that she could get one of her owen.

I highly doubt ERS talked to you like that nor did they make 22 calls to your house about the same bill. you might have another bill in there that you might not be aware of as i am sure you are unaware that they have 5 different agency's through out the USA. I honestly dont understand why intelligent people make comments like "you cant get blood out of a stone/ turnup" honestly people take responsibility for your actions. one last parting comment Mr. Squires If you dont deal with ERS this is just going to get a lot worse they report to the 3 credit bearus equifax trans union and experion. As well as Cingular/AT&T wont deal with your calls they will refir you to ERS. if it leaves ERS then it will go to another agency and your bill will increase with a collection fee of up to 33% or become a interest baring account

6cb56e0e, 2008-11-25, 12:04PM CST

I experienced the same thing from that company, ER Solutions. In fact when we explained our situation, they said "Oh well, don't pay something else, and make sure you pay us". They claimed they would call my employer and embarrass me.

I must admit, I finally talked to one woman, Lisa, who was civil and helpful. But some of those people are not only obnoxious, rude, and even threatening.

26946f20, 2008-12-03, 11:58AM CST

I dnt see any thing wrong wit wat was said its a bill and needs to be taken care of now yes she could have gotten her point across in a different matter but I'm sure u didn't. Give the phone company any thing and that's y the bill when to the company in the first place if it was taken care of they would call

d0cfd860, 2008-12-17, 05:40PM CST

FUCK THAT BITCH is all i have to say...i have dealt with them many times and im 19 my self and cant see how they could treat anyone like that especially with this economy

6ae872dd, 2009-02-18, 08:59AM CST

They call me too,FTC rules state they are suppose to send you a letter within 5 days of initial contact which they didnt with me.FTC has alot of rules for debt collectors but apparently doesnt enforce them because ER has been doing this harrasing for years now with many people.File a complaint anyway and with your state attorney general office

1eb9b4d1, 2009-07-29, 06:12PM CDT

It's all a game. Take it from somebody that is millions of dollars in debt. Debt is sold to collection agencies and they try to pressure you to give them money. If you own them even $10,000 and you don't have it they can't do anything. It will go on for over a year, just avoid the call. Evenully they will ask you to settle the account for pennies on the dollar. If you can't do it, they will charge it off, or they will sell it to another agency. this can go on for years. If you credit is good and this is the only thing you have, it will bring you done about 30 points. That can be made back up by paying your bills ontime in 6 months. So what right! If you credit is already messed, they surely do not pay them at all. Cash is king right now. Hold on to it with your dear life. Screw the collect, their is nothing they can do.

45d4dcfa, 2009-07-29, 06:12PM CDT

878def43, 2009-11-23, 12:54PM CST

dude you're tripping.

according to you, the call got transferred once to a supervisor and then again to the collection manager. first off, nobody puts a supervisor on the phone unless the debtor asks for a supervisor.. and you don't got up a level to the manager unless you demand to speak to the manager.

here's your mistake, you're not going to get better payment arrangements with a supevisor.. hello, it's a collection agency.

$2600 a month and you have $200 a month after bills? wow, that's something. and that's just your wife's income? omg.. you're a whiner. What you want is the payment plan a collector would give to a person on social security or disability income.

better yet, have your daughter help towards that bill..

the real question is how much of it have you already paid?

some of us work for less than $1500 a month and we don't have $1 left after paying bills.

I'm not suggesting your wife makes loads of money, but stop your whining and just mail in your payments unsolicited. It'll go away when it is paid.

de21cfe9, 2010-04-17, 03:56PM CDT

in response to this i agree w the father about the collectors attitude but also the father should have made his daughter assume the responsibility of the dbt because even though he is liable according to federal law he needs to let his daughter know that he is being contacted about her dbt and that she needs to py it if he is not putting the responsibility on the daughter then yes he is responsible for the dbt and it needs to be paid in full

6e9a8385, 2010-09-30, 05:24PM CDT

complain to company, supposedly

626dab04, 2011-01-31, 08:50PM CST

first off if they call you or write you again? tell them "to cease and desist ALL contact with you.they are allowed 1 letter saying they recieved this notice from you. (writeing them and registering it, is the best way. YOU HAVE PROOF OF WHAT YOU TOLD THEM, AND KEEP THE ORIGINAL AND SEND THEM THE COPY)if they contact you after that, they are breaking the law.contact you local Attorney General consumer devision, thats his job..........l did this not only did the judge rule my debt paid (which it was) l was awarded $2500 for pain and suffering.mine was wells fargo, stay away from them also. hope it helps......Jenna