PLAYBOY MAGAZINE - BILLING SCAM

Posted on Saturday, June 25th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by c21a8979

Company: PLAYBOY MAGAZINE - BILLING SCAM

PLAYBOY MAGAZINE - BILLING SCAM

I started receiving a billing invoice from Playbody Magazine about 6 months ago asking for a payment of $12.00 for a 1 year subscription. I have never requested a subscription from this magazine. I am a god believing christian man who believes this magazine is trash. Anway, I ignored the billing statements figuring it was some kind of scam... I hadn't received any magazines, so I figured that the billing notice was some kind of "fishing" for new subcribers. WRONG!

I continued to get demands for payment until I finally got a very threating letter from a Mr. Charles Martin, Collection Manager saying that "Unless we hear from you immediately, you will hear from the collection agency!"

Of course, there is NO PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. Only a mailing address of : P.O.Box 10915, Des Moines, IA 50340-0915.

I have written a letter to them threatening legal action if they 1) damage my credit and 2) don't stop this harrassement. So far, nothing has been heard back.

What a scam!!

Scott

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_44997#

964eca25, 2008-06-10, 01:01PM CDT

I received the same letter today here in Conway, Arkansas.

732e2348, 2008-09-23, 09:28AM CDT

I have the exact same issue, in fact the bill is for my 7 year old son!

The only thing I can think of is that my 7 year old son does have a subscription to Hotrod magazine and wonder if they go his information from that.

075837c0, 2009-01-26, 04:13PM CST

Did you think to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for deceptive practices involving this subsctiption?

J Lawrence