Posted on Tuesday, June 21st, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 611bece6

Company: Cost-U-Less insurance (Omni Insurance Group, The Hartford Company) in Rancho Cordova California

I had insurance through Cost-U-Less insurance (Omni Insurance Group, The Hartford Company) in Rancho Cordova California. When we got the insurance on our two cars we had to take the cars in and have them photographed. I thought this was odd, but figured maybe they did that for new customers. When we bought another car they wanted the same thing, bring your brand new 2005 car to us for photographs.

The car we purchased that just left the lot at Toyota Dealer in a nearby town. I decided to check other insurance companies out and found AAA was cheaper and did not require you to take your car to some office and have it photographed. So, I figure since the policy is due to be renewed that we would just stop making payments. Of course we got a cancellation notice. Hartford insurance group said they had to keep charging us premiums unless we came into the office and signed or mailed them a cancellation.

They cancelled our insurance, and still expected us to make the premiums. This is a scam and I will never have anything to do with Hartford again and I will make sure everyone I know is informed about this company and its despicable acts of robbing the consumer. They are overly expensive and they are horribly inconvenient. Jimmy Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_45173#