Deleted Complaint

This complaint has been deleted.

329208e0, 2009-02-05, 07:47AM CST

Nothing to do with the above issues, but appropos to dissatisfaction with TD BANK.

My wife and I were Commerce Bank customers in New Jersey, USA. We had no problem when TD (which had no previous local presense) bought out commerce, but were very disappointed that the first thing the new foreign-owned bank did was to remove the red-white-and-blue logo to replace it with green. That seems both disrespectful and short-sighted for a foriegn corporation hoping to benefit by the goodwill (and commerce) of a US population.

I realize that I'm on a Canadian-based website, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there...I'll decide what to do with my account in the coming months.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Dave Brown

c0b43278, 2010-03-27, 07:56AM CDT

I also got different problems from TD bank a few years ago. I really can not trust this bank any more.

fe8b10f8, 2010-11-26, 01:18AM CST

While it's definitely understandable that you have received bad service and it's unfortunate... but maybe you should have done some homework? Why would you sign something on the dotted line you didn't read? No one can force you or rush you to sign anything. I'm sure you could've took her card and tell her to leave the contract with you and ask a friend to help you read if english is not your first language. Only 5$ a month? If something is too good to be true, chances are.. it is too good to be true.

8087e10c, 2013-11-12, 07:01PM CST

I used the TD merchant service for three years and another company approach me and show how i could save money, I signed up and call Td merchnts services to cancel and they advised me that my contract just renewed and there will be a $250 fee to cancel, 3 days after my renewal date, I call this poor business

Conrad C., 2014-07-14, 02:47AM CDT

I had similar company approach me with comparison, but they were honest and told me I won't save much by switching, since TD gave me a great rate. Chase Paymentech is the only competitor that comes close, but I have to sign up for CFIB membership to get that rate and less aggressive terms and condition with Chase.

TD is so far, most economical and easy to deal with. No fancy hidden fees, no complex terms, and now their service is in-house. No more First Data. I'm glad this complaint came up. It reminded me to be critical of even the bigger banks.

Apparently, the other banks in Canada uses a third party payment processor as well. Scotia Bank uses Chase Paymentech. Royal Bank uses Moneris ... Avoid anybody using Global. I would like to switch to Paymentech, as they have more integration options, but terms, conditions, and time to response, along with negative history south of Canada doesn't give the warm fuzzy.