727-471-1411 - 1-727-471-1411

Posted on Thursday, June 16th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 277d192b

Company: 727-471-1411

Category: Unsolicited Phone Calls

For the last two weeks, 727-471-1411 has been calling my house two or three times per day, but not leaving a message. I was finally home this morning and answered the call.

A woman named Mary (Operator #212) from Agents Travel Network (www.agentstravel.com) introduced herself and explained to me that I was eligible to receive $400 in American Airlines vouchers along with a few other free prizes. She then went on to say that my eligibility is based on the fact that my bank, Washington Mutual, informed them that I have an active checking account. She verified my address, and then asked that I retrieve a copy of my check book. She wanted me to confirm my bank's routing number and my checking account number. She began to read off routing numbers and account numbers, none of which were correct. At that point, she began asking me whether the routing number began with a 0?, a 1?, a 2?, and so on. Finally, she commented that it would take a very long time to get the numbers that way, so she asked that I just give her the routing number and account number from the bottom of my check.

When I told her that I did not feel comfortable giving someone that information, she had a number of reasons why it was okay. All she would do with the numbers is verify that they were the same numbers that Washington Mutual had provided. I thought that was funny since the numbers she read off previously, that were supposedly given to her from my bank, were incorrect. I told her I was not interested and the call was ended.

Surprisingly enough, the number has already called back this morning. A different person on the other end of the line, but the same offer and the same request for my routing number and checking account number.

I'm not sure what you do with this information, but I wanted to get it out there so that others are aware.

Sincerely,