CHASE Bank - Complaint

Posted on Thursday, June 16th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by b8720058

Company: CHASE Bank - Complaint

CHASE Bank - Complaint

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this in regards to an incident that I had tonight with Chase Bank. I will admit that after even speaking with a so-called Supervisor, it is apparent that Chase Bank is not in it for the Customer Service.

I have a Circuit City credit card, which goes through Chase Bank. I currently have $1238.52 credit line with them.

The past 10 days I have had to take it easy as I have had a very hard time breathing. I was out of work a few days because of this as well. Not being able to breath makes it very hard on a person, especially in the weather we have had. Anyone who knows me will verify this for me. I went into Circuit City tonight to pay my bill. I will admit the girl who waited on me was extremely nice. ( I have been trying to call the 1800-477-6761 phone number (on my bill) to contact someone from Chase to let them know that I would be paying my bill today, however could not get through to anyone. ) The girl at Circuit City said she could tell by looking at me that I had not had a good week at all, as I can still barely talk and am out of breath easy.

I made my payment and asked her if she had another number to call, as my payment is NEVER late and I just wanted to ask (due to my situation this past 10 days) if they could please waive the late fee, as it is only 2 days past due (my payment was on the 13th). She too, thought they would. She dialed the number for be in the store, and I did not even get to tell the Cust Serv Rep from Chase the whole situation, and the response I got was that it was too bad - Chase is very strict. I could not believe her - if you listen to the phone conversation yourself YOU can hear that I am having a hard time talking! I could not believe this.

I hung up and was very upset. I told the girl at Circuit City what she said, she too was quite surprised and did not blame me.

I got out to my car and was so mad I called Chase back again, THINKING that I would at least be able to explain why my payment was late. I got a woman and I asked for the name of the C.E.O.'s name of Chase - she REFUSED to give the name to me! I was also told "sorry - you but signed a contract". I asked for a supervisor as I did not think this was a reasonable answer. Unfortunatly I got a woman named "Ms. Phornser" (not sure of the spelling, but please feel free to look my acct up and see the spelling). I would like to say, she is one of the most unprofessional, rudest "managers" that I have ever spoken to. I asked her if she was aware of my situation - she would not even let me tell her what was going on, all she told me is that NO MATTER WHAT the only way a fee would ever be waived would be if it was a bank error. I went to explain my situation (as I was running out of breath to talk mind you) - she inturrupted me again and asked rudely "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO FOR YOU???". How about listening to my situation.

By this time I could barely talk any more and gave up. I realised that Circuit City made a very poor decision using Chase for their Card Services. I will NEVER use this card again, nor will I ever recommend Chase in the future. I will also add that I have $ 1238.00 open limit on this card and was planning on using it here, however seeing as though Chase is more concerned about a $20 late fee on a person that is fine, because another bank will get my business.

Chase should keep in mind that as they say, one unhappy customer is likely to tell people about a bad experience that they had with that company. I can also tell you that this did not look good for Chase.

Given the circumstances, all I was asking was for a one time exception - 2 days mind you. They may also want to provide their customers with a number in which they can reach an associate easily - as when you dial the 1800-477-6761 (on the bill) you get an automated system. I now wonder if this is for a reason.

Again, seeing as though Chase is more concerned about charging me a $20 late fee (because I was obviously ill the past 10 days), I will be more than happy to return the card to them and spend my money with another Bank. I also know that Chase does Car Loans, etc - and will know to stear clear from them in the future as well.

Stacey Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_719#

6e2d9ed6, 2007-11-02, 10:39AM CDT

I, too, am upset with Chase with regard to their Circuit City VISA card, over what I consider questionable billing practices. My complaint, in fact, is more clear-cut than Stacy's. Frustrated with what I considered erroneous bills and a system whereby Chase hid behind double-talking foreign-country-based telephone people making it impossible to get a straight answer or reply (let alone adjustments) to my complaints, I decided to pay off the complete balance (even though it was not due, due to zero-percent financing, until next year). I even phoned their customer service number to make sure I had the right final balance, in paying it off. I then overnighted the payment so it would arrive on time. Now they're trying to bill me for a finance charge they are not rightfully due! In a phone conversation I taped (and I will make this tape available online shortly), the gal who answered their customer service line ADMITTED I'D PAID ON TIME AND IN FULL, BUT SHE REFUSED TO CANCEL THE FINANCE CHARGE! She gave me double-talk when explaining why this had been charged to my account. Perhaps we need to start a class-action lawsuit or get the feds to look into Chase's billing practices!

65c00bfa, 2007-11-17, 11:33AM CST

I live in Fair Lawn, New Jersey and I had an account with the Bank Of New York which bank was purchased recently by the Chase Bank. I had lived in New York City and had nothing but disgust for Chase in its operations and it's political actions and statements. I received much material from Chase asking me to sign up with Chase and I ignored them having taken my money out of the account.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Chase saying I owed them $5.95. I called up the customer service number and got one menu after another. After having it repeated three times I spoke to Debbie who kindly informed me that she could not do anything and I would have to call the accounts transactions department at 866 564 2262. I got a menue again, but finally got a Jordan McWherter who informed me that all he could do was note the record that I objected and was very upset. I in turn would have to wait until Monday and call the number next to the item which I had never approved "Checking Advantages Member Fee." Mr. McWherter said that the CEO of Chase was Mr. Jamie Dimon

It looks like to me that when Chase took over, they decided to create an account and charge for it regardless of the fact that the former member of Bank of New York wanted nothing to do with them and would not sign on to Chase. I intend to find ways to inform the members of my community of the dangers of dealing with Chase.

6da4df2c, 2007-12-29, 03:53PM CST

Bank officials for Chase are the first to fail "Customer Service" to their customers. WE have had 3 acounts, 2 of which were savings and due to inactivity, had to be closed. Wanting to open a new account for automatic drafting for a car loan, i decided to open an account especially for that. I went in and waited for some acknowledgment, and that is all i got from 4 reps, the bank manager or director came to me twice confirming i would be taken care of. Other customers coming in after me were taken before me after my 45 minute wait. I got very upset and was taking my check book out to deposit the money i had wanted to use to open up the account, when the bank director came to me and apologized for the delay. I told her I had been there for almost an hour and that I would return to close our accounts soon, she pleaded I stay and work things out, but i was infuriated and on the verge of crying from how upset i was. One thing i dislike and rebute is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE from anyone, and I make it obvious. My opinion is they should be more organized, have customers sign in like Bank of America does, to avoid situations like this. I have not gone back to the lobby, but as soon as I can, I will close my Chase accounts and take my business where it is appreciated....any good banks out there with the customer in mind??? please let me know

5438d628, 2008-01-21, 02:44PM CST

BUYER BEWARE.

Chase has got to be by far the most unethical, disrespectful bank that I have ever dealt with.

They are greedy and want to maximize their profits at the expense of the consumer.

The situation involved my credit card. I was charged late fees, an over limit fees, and various other finance charges and fees that totaled 240 dollars, in one month.

I chose to use their online service to transfer money from my other bank account to my credit card account, held by chase. Chase charges a fee for this transaction. So my account was over the limit. Chase also charged me an insufficient funds fee. I disputed this and sent them a bank statement PROVING that there was money in my account at the time and there is no way that the account had insufficient funds.

I finally closed the account and paid it in full. But the fees never stopped.

Did you know that if you have a balance on your chase account, you will have to pay compound interest on that dollar amount regardless of how its computed?

Let me elaborate:

If you closed your account, which you should do if your reading this, and you paid the balance in full, the interest that was charged will still be valid on that account.

Lets assume that this interest amount is $100

If you pay that $100, you will recieve a bill the next month, charging you interest on that amount that you owed, this cycle will not break, until you pay them more than they bill you for and hope to get a refund check in the mail.

I am very dissatisfied with chase, and have done everything in my power to make others aware of their business model:

GET AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FROM THESE IGNORANT PEOPLE WHILE THE PICKINGS GOOD!

My loss is your gain, as I have valuable advice:

Never bank with chase, do your research. You have the power of google at your fingertips. This will happen to you if you do. Think enron. Not all big corporations are ethical, and eventually they get taken down.

e7334621, 2008-06-16, 10:23PM CDT

NEVER AGAIN-

As of 8:16PM(now) I had justed got off the phone with chase for 2+hours being bounced from supervisor to supervisor, getting disconnected 4 times. 4!!!!

They have been putting negative remarks on my credit for the past three months for NO REASON. I enrolled in a payment plan and was told it would stop negative remarks and would automatically be taken out of my account. BASICALLY I COULD GO INTO DETAIL THAT WOULD MAKE YOU QUESTION HOW THE SUPERVISORS GOT THEIR JOBS AND AREN'T WORKING IN A SOUP KITCHEN.

but i've wasted so much time today with chase bank, i want to go break my hands over their faces. Chase bank worst business customer service Chase bank credit cards worst mistake ever!!

fcbb4574, 2008-07-26, 01:32AM CDT

Chase is so far the worst bank that I have ever banked with over the world, including banks in Europe and Asia. They just try to charge you by any means and minimize the rewards you can get. Their so-called customer service is totally unprofessional, unhelpful and terribly rude. I have been using their credit cards for more than three years and never had a late payment or anything like that. Recently their so-called customer representative persuaded me to upgrade my card to the Chase Freedom card. I told them I read somewhere that getting a new Chase Freedom could have $50 bonus and they told me it's yes that after you have accumulated $200 rewards you will get an extra $50. I thought that was it and accepted the offer. Then I found that if you apply it online (not upgrading from an existing card), you can get an extra $50, which is what they didn't tell me. Then I called up and they said they know nothing about the online promotion and is just responsible for promoting the upgrade. And I asked them to cancel the process so that I could do it online and get the benefit that I was supposed to get. They said the process once started cannot be canceled. They can only close the account for me but that will not help since I will no longer be a new card member of the chase freedom. That really pissed me off how on earth there could be such an unfair and tricky thing in such a apparently 'large' bank to trap the customers. So ok fine, I still kept my loyalty and used the card without any hesitation. Then what really disappointed me again was that they charged me an overlimit fee $39 for just like $1xx over for 3 days while I was away for a conference and needed to spend money using credit card. I called them up and tried to see if they can waive the fee based on my records and that special circumstance, they just told me that they won't waive any fee in any case if it's not a bank error. Ok, then I said I think your service is not good and I would like to cancel the credit card. You know what? The representative immediately closed my account without any sign of retaining a customer. That's ok as I expected their terrible service. However the even worse thing was that when I asked them how I could use my reward points remained on my card, they told me that once its closed, the points are gone. It's really ridiculous, unprofessional, and unacceptable that they don't even try to tell you the consequence on your benefit if you close your account. So I called up their so-called supervisor but he was not anywhere better than a typical chase CS representative. He just told me that it is in the 'agreements' that the points will be gone if your account is closed. Isn't that they should at least give you a reminder before they are going to take away your benefits? And he even said they have an 'overlimit' protection plan which is free that's why they can't waive any overlimit charge. I was even frustrated with that as no one has ever mentioned that invisible plan to me. And if the credit card can have a free overlimit protection, why it is not a feature of the card but something you have to call and request if by any chance you are lucky enough to know? Maybe they might have mentioned that somewhere in the thousand-line agreement thing but I would say its just too tricky for a general customer and I don't think it's a right way to value a customer. From their tones and wordings in the conversations, they just want to tell you that everything is your fault, your request, and your decision. So if you are using chase, I think you should be very careful and not to make any mistakes ever, coz they won't try to understand your situation and help you. They just want to get every dollar out of your pocket and provide you a customer service to ensure that is what you deserve. If you are thinking about using Chase, refrain!

06b58952, 2008-08-27, 11:33AM CDT

Welcome to the club. Chase bank sucks I am glad you finaly know this and I hope by now you would have your acount closed with chase bank. They simply have no customer service. Chase bank the worst bank on earth.

2ee8aebf, 2008-08-27, 07:54PM CDT

I have to add my disgust with Chase Bank. I used Quicken Credit Card for 15 years. In July 2008 Chase took over the account. They never notified me that they would no longer take automatic drafts from my checking account. They never sent me a paper statement. After 6 weeks I noticed there were no checking account drafts and contacted them. Initially they told me if I made and immediate $3000 payment they would remove the $15 finance charge. I immediate logged onto their website, signed up for auto payments and made and $3000 payment which they recorded in about 36hrs. Instead of living up to their agreement to drop the finance charges they added and additional $39 + $24 interest (up to $79now). I feel like I am working with Chase Bank is like working with a sleazy back street loan shark rather than a accredited US national banking company. Avoid Chase Bank.. move your accounts as soon as you can

511280fd, 2008-08-28, 12:26PM CDT

I have not became an account holder at the bank and I can already tell that they are least customer service oriented bank that I have dealt with. They are the Sprint of the banking industry. They are imcompent.

I called on five different occasion trying to set up where was the best place to buy foreign currency. They all explain that it was a five dollar fee for non members. Upon arrival at the bank, the story changed and refused to let me buy currency unless I open an account.

If they would be rude before I was a customer, what happen later.

74850961, 2008-09-05, 02:53PM CDT

Yes, Chase Bank is the worst. We should get a list of all the retail stores that Chase works with and warn others to never sign up for store cards. Chase got me thru Toys'R Us.

46321d3e, 2008-09-09, 12:06PM CDT

We, too, have had no success in closing a Chase credit card account. The cycle of charges mentioned in a comment above is true.

Seems there's no way to close a Chase account even, as one writer stated, you don't have an account. To quote from today's "customer service" representative, "Yes, the account was closed in January, but there are finance charges."

You wonder how they can commit fraud without an investigation by law enforcement? Our third attempt today to close the account by paying the $5:28 may be successful, but I doubt it.

dfd44f25, 2008-09-20, 09:25AM CDT

I have a circuit city account that is finance thru chase bank. I never recceived a bill from them, I was on a promotional plan no interest no payment for one year, the year was not up, I recevied a phone call from chase bank that my account was 6 months late and was charge 6 months of late fees, and interest on the purchase that the promotion had not ended. I call chase they refuse to remove the late fees and interest, a block was put on my account so I could not pull up my statements on the internet. I would like to file a class action lawsuit against them. I need to know how to go about filing a lawsuit. I have paid off the account. i still have never received a statement in the mail.

30458c8f, 2008-10-17, 09:16PM CDT

I have just gotten similar experiences with chase bank credit card.

I registered online at Chase web for setting up auto pay for my credit card. To be sure everything was done right, I was calling technical support and customer service online for instructions.

I thought that I had the auto pay set up, but did not know there is some problem and my auto pay did not work, which made me missed a payment. I didn't know until my credit card been inactivated.

After calling Chase costumer service, I checked my Chase online account, but found that specific card number is on the auto pay list. On the screen for payment details, I could see that card number listed under auto pay details and there is only one option at that page, which is to stop auto pay. That should be another evidence that I did have the auto pay set up.

I called in to customer serve again and talked to customer service again, but I was been forwarded back and forth between customer service and internet departments four times.

The internet department could see that my account had been set for auto pay, but the customer service said that they could not see it. I requested for a three calling between customer service and internet departments for three times, but they kept drop me off.

Finally I reached a supervisor in customer service with the internet department online.

However, that supervisor was very unreasonable. She said that she could not see my auto pay screen. I asked what should be the way that she could see what I can see. The answer was that they don't know. I offered to provide my user name and password for her to login. They refused it. I asked for their email address so that I can email them a copy of my screen for them to see what I saw, they told me that their email cannot receive email from outside Chase. I asked for correct the late charges, they said I need pay the balance first. I paid on the phone with my bank account information that had been set up in my auto pay account and told them to pay for the amount of the September balance, they took the many out of my account more than my September and October balance combined and hangup immediately after they took the money from my back account. This just like rubbery. This made me feel humiliated and that they just want my money.

I called back again and receive same answer and told me that they don't use email in that company.

I have been never miss a single credit card payment for 20 years since I had my first credit card. The way that I was treated made me feel been insulted. I am wondering why this bank is so greedy on others money and why they are cheating people and so rude and mean to people. They were just so dirty with these dirty tricks. I am also wondering how could a bank in 21st century don't have email to use. I have talked to several customer service representatives and looks like they are all the same.

I thought that was just a simple technical problem issue, but did not know it could be handled this extremely unreasonable way. After reading the complains from all other people, I do feel that I understand that they are designed to be mean to their customers and that my problem is not a single accident. I have learned that my experience is not unusual and that this is the worst bank in the world.

Usually, people think of others in the way that how they do by themselves. The way they treat people showed that they are the ones that have all those dirty thoughts.

efd73506, 2008-11-24, 04:41PM CST

I had very similiar Problme with ChaseHealthAdvance, which goes through doctors. I would never do bussiness with this company in my lifetime. one of the worst customer service i ever delt with. I got signed up with them because my laser doctor is contract through them and i never received my first two payments which they admit that they were sending at wrong address so after everything cleared , i saw $78 charge for two late payments yet that was there fault.

When i called them to talk about the misunderstanding they were unwilling to even talk properly. I never had such a bad experience in my lifetime. I asked to talk to supervisior , and she was rude as well and was just repeating over and over about paying everything when she should waive my late fees because i never recieved my statments at the first place. So if you are reading this please never do bussiness with that company otherwise u'll regret, they charge fees for every little thing and will not work with you to resolve any issues.

5a28ff11, 2008-12-13, 12:13PM CST

Dear Friends,

I had a chase card that i closed. They did continue to charge $6 for two months without notifying me and then continued to charge late fees and finance charges. I applied for a home mortgage and my credit score was ruined. I contacted them but i got yeeled at by the supervospr and got accused of being a liar despite the fact that it was very clear that I would not lie for $6. I applied to credit dispute without any result because the credit score companies do not protect the consumer but work with the credit company. I then hired credit attorney .com without any result. Chse is stone walling me by not answering any of my questions any more. By the way I was pregnant 8 months when I got yelled at by the chase supervisor when I was trying to buy a house, work full time. I cried for weekes because of the unjustice that chase did. They make people suffer unfairly. Eventually they got rid of the late charges and finance fees but refused to correct my credit score which I do not understand why they would not when they acknowledged that it was their mistake. I am at a point I am contacting lawyers to sue them in the court system. There is no other way to deal with this company. They lie, cheat and abuse their customers. Stay clear of chase. Go with American express.

60dcdcb3, 2008-12-15, 08:45AM CST

Chase has issues. My husband and I filed bankruptcy and in the course, we had to let our home go. Our home loan was handled by Chase. But before we turned our home back to Chase, we tired everything to save our home, but everytime we called Chase...one had didn't know what the other hand was doing. It was a mess, finally we decieded to put our house with a realtor and do a short sale. Well, we got offers but Chase turned them down because the offers where too low. We did everything we possible could and Chase did nothing. Now the home sits with no owners and we have foreclosure on us, which wouldn't have happened if Chase took those offers. Chase doesn't care, they only care about getting what they can, not about helping the consumer.

b378a36b, 2009-01-28, 03:45PM CST

look into www.pinnaclelawgroup.com they are looking into starting a class action lawsuit, this link will take you to another attorney's site.

http://www.gslawny.com/lawyer-attorney-1014873.html they are also thinking about a class action law suit!

e4a96da7, 2009-01-28, 04:00PM CST

I thought I was the only one unable to deal with Chase. I have recently entered a "personal recession" that began due to situations beyond my control but got worse due to bad decisions of my own. However, I have a long history of good credit that has suffered in the past year. I have entered a debt management program (DMP)and taken steps to fix this as I do not want to go bankrupt and I won't just ignore it. In any case, I contacted my creditors to explain my situation and how it will be addressed. All, EXCEPT CHASE, was willing to work with me and the DMP. Chase refused to discuss it unless I went on their own plan. I explained that if they were my only creditor that would work but I had to have a plan that considered all my debt. The Chase rep was hard to understand and also rude. I may be a loser at the present time, but I will get through this successfully. Chase will never benefit from my money again. I have learned that many people are just a paycheck away from financial trouble. Most try to be responsible and find a solution. A business, such as Chase, would probably benefit by extending a small amount of goodwill.

7f3a80a1, 2009-01-31, 08:11PM CST

I agree Chase SUCKS!!!!

We have our mortgage with them, not by choice. Our mortgage got bought by them from our other bank without our consent. Well, we have been paying our mortgage, on time for over a year and a half and they increase the payment by $124 due to taxes and stuff. We miss that it went up and made our regular payment. We get a letter saying we are late paying and owe another $124 plus $121 late fee. My husband called them immediate to explain all the confusion. They told them that they needed that $124 and $121 late fee before the end of the month (which was only three days away) or they would send it to collections and ruin our credit. My husband was traveling at the time and try to get them to take paymt over the phone and they said they couldn't for such a small amount. He said he would mail it then and they said that would be to late. His only option was to find a chase bank. He had to travel out of his way to find a bank and pay this in person. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???!!!! THis is how they take care of there customers. We are in Minnesota and I would think a law would prtect us from this. If they want to charge a late fee, they should have charge a % to the $124 missed not the whole amount. That would have been the fair and right thing to do. I know this is wrong and I know the man upstairs will give them what they have coming! This is bullcrap! Unbelievable! I WILL NEVER recommend to a friend or an enemy!

9fdf9ba4, 2009-02-01, 09:10AM CST

I too had a run in with Chase. I had an account with 0 finance that went to 7.99. Never been late and yesterday was told it was going to 12 percent March 1st. I have been out of work for 6 months but always made my payments. I was told that I had 2 options. Keep the 7.99 and they delete the card or go to 12% and can use it. Well I took the delete since I have 4 chase cards with different companies so I am shredding them all and once my bills are paid no more chase. If this screws my point system up or lowers my scores someone will hear from me.

Has anyone ever found out who the CEO is?

ad95c55d, 2009-02-11, 06:07PM CST

Someone needs to set the record straight because I am tired of the banking industry getting so much slack for being a business, not a charity...With the exception of one of these complaints, everyone else is asking a company that did disclose fees for customer errors to be overlooked. So one exception is made, why not for everyone? Oh because then, like speeding ticket warnings, they don't work! I am interested in knowing how many of the complaints here have only had this happen to them once...I'm guessing these are one time occurences. Fees are detterrents, if the bank is wrong then they owe you. If you are borrowing money, you owe them.

1b46c45f, 2009-02-24, 06:35PM CST

Your lucky you got as far as a supervisor! I called chase bank, after speaking with a cust. serv. rep. and going no where, I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told "so you think i'm incompetant". I responded with a no but I'm not satisfied with the answers you can give me." Her response---"So you think I'm incompetant." She transferred me to a so-called supervisor, I should say, a voicemail of a so-called supervisor. I left a message with my phone number...last Thursday. No response.

342149b7, 2009-02-27, 12:08AM CST

My series of online payments for my Washington Mutual credit card ended in December; my January payment of $80 wasn't made. Chase's response has been OVER THE TOP: calling my home so many times we stopped answering the phone at all a week ago. Constant, constant, constant calls! There's no reasoning with the person on the other end of the line: I've explained the situation, told them that I've always paid on time up to now, that I've already scheduled an online payment. AND, I don't want to be charged for a phone payment. They call, and call, and call, and call. I'm usually polite, but after the 3rd day in a row that they called me AGAIN AT WORK and I explained AGAIN, I just told the person to go somewhere and die. I feel so angry at this needless harassment. I'm a customer that has never given them a speck of trouble. This is greed and bad business at its very wors.

55a088e0, 2009-06-26, 06:53AM CDT

I am going to write my complaint here because you can look everywhere on Chase's website and you will not find a place to give them feedback or complaints. Apparently, they know what their customer service is like and do no want to hear about it.

My debit card was inactivated while I was overseas. I understood why their anti-fraud protections kicked in and was not upset about it. I had a back up and there was no problem. When I returned, I called customer service to have the card reactivated. I was told:

1. The account had been closed two years before (even though I have been despositing and withdrawing.) The clerk later said "their records weren't very clear."

2. Chase had not stopped the debit card. An employee at a branch 20 miles from me had done it. I should drive to the branch and talk to that employee.

3. In the future, I should not call customer service. I was given the name and a number of my "personal banker"--a woman I have never heard of. I called the number later. It is a bakery.

A supervisor told me that no one told me these things and I should "focus on what is important." This all took 40 minutes during which time I successfully set up an account at a new bank.

This is the last time I will waste on this bank. It is pretty clear that they have no interest in consumer accounts.

51eb87bd, 2009-07-10, 04:21PM CDT

DO NOT BANK WITH CHASE!!!!!!!!

Five months ago my wife and I (who have credit scores exceeding 800) Applied for a 30 yr fixed rate mortgage at 5.25. We were putting 30% down and told by many that we were a gift to the bank. We provided them with all the documentation they asked for the same day along with the non-refundable $500 app fee. We advised them that we were ready to close ASAP and gave them the closing date. Each week for the next three weeks they would call and tell us that the underwriter needed more documents after they had promised that they had all they needed. They made it impossible to speak to upper management but I prevailed. Unfortunately he was as incompetent as the rest of his staff. I pulled the loan five days before closing and went with another bank that closed us in five days at the same rate.

They never had any intention on closing that loan in the time allotted!

I would like $500 from thousands of people for nothing.

Look at all the complaints about chase on the Internet! They are all true

7440924f, 2009-07-17, 08:01PM CDT

I HATE JP MORGAN CHASE!!! I HOPE THEY FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY AND LOSE EVERYTHING!!! Bank of America isn't the best bank on earth. But, when F****** Chase took over WaMu, I got stuck with them. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!! NOTHING THEY HAVE IS FREE!!! FREE CHECKING DOESN'T EXIST THERE!!! GO TO ANY BANK BUT CHASE!!! Because of WaMu being taken over by Chase, My home loan went from 4.2% interest (which was with WaMu) to a Bull**** rate of 11.4%! I pray everyday that I'll wake up to see Chase filing for bankruptcy. I'll be soooo happy!!!

57f76124, 2009-07-21, 09:55AM CDT

7/21/09

Chase Bank

POB 17199

Wilmington DE 19850-7199

Shame on you for canceling our cards without prior notice, but we expected no more from an impersonal, despicable big banks takeover of our nice, small town type bank we found in Washington Mutual. Weve been expecting and waiting for something like this low-life action. And as to the lack of notice, what if wed been in a position to need the card yesterday?! I found out by trying to set up a computer software trial when the card wouldnt go through. And as if you cared, what if we were traveling, depending on this card for food, hotel and other services? Whats next, our checking accounts? In spite of our good management, it wouldnt surprise us at all. I doubt any of you bank monsters have any concerns for individuals, so well manage without your stinking credit cards. We were loyal customers of WAMU but not you high rollers. You are part of whats wrong with this country. You are bums, a disservice to this country and wed like you out of our state.

What part of dont use any more credit than you have to dont you understand? And, what part of paying off your credit card each month instead of letting your abysmal interest pile up money for you dont you understand. Its Chase vs their customers except for the high rollers.

And as far as sticking your nose into our credit reports, that is a tactic more recently being used by you impersonal machines to use against and inconvenience us. The one item on our credit report is a human condition, and believe it to be the unjust charge we are going to prevail on, but again your impersonal nazi-style actions prevail.

And what happened to the nice MC who does your commercials. More crap of course from a company whos record is already exactly thatcrap. Its YOUR record that is found lacking. Have you bothered to see the long list of complaints on the internet? Like a Bank of America founders granddaughter is disgusted with what her bank has become, so it goes with you, but doubt youve ever been anything but another self-serving financial institution who doesnt deserve decent peoples business.

And you think this is over? Were going to put the word out about how you too are one of the bad guys. Im thinking we should be able to make an indelible impression of what most Americans today suspect is the case. Your and your lot should be run out of business. An economy like this where so many are suffering trying to keep their heads above water and here come the evil landlords. That would be your ilk.

Tony and Lynda Ruiz

Cc: Bill OReilly, Fox News

Los Angeles Times

President Obama

Ombudsmen at large

24a50b5f, 2009-07-23, 01:22PM CDT

CHASE BANK IDIOTS

JUST TO WARN EVERYBODY ABOUT THE TOTAL IDIOTS AT CHASE BANK CREDIT CARD SERVICES THAT CLOSED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEY ARE MORONS......I'VE HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM FOR OVER TWO YEARS AND HAD A FEW SMALL BALANCES THAT I CONSOLIDATED TO THREE CARDS....THESE TOTAL MORONS SAW THAT AS A RISK EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER,EVER BEEN LATE-NEVER WENT OVER THE LIMIT,ALWAYS PAID MORE THAN THE MINIMUM BY FAR........SOMEBODY WILL HAVE TO HOLD A GUN TO MY HEAD BEFORE I EVER SET FOOT IN A CHASE BANK AFTER THE RV OR PUT ONE RED CENT INTO AN ACCOUNT WITH THOSE IDIOTS!!!!! GREAT CREDIT-NEVER OVER-NEVER LATE AND THEY CLOSE IT WITH NO WARNING.....I TOLD THEM THEY CAN GO AND ___SS UP A ROPE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED AND IF THATS THE WAY THEY TREAT GOOD CUSTOMERS I WOULD BE SURE AND SPREAD IT AROUND.....PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS AND PUT IT EVERYWHERE YOU CAN TO WARN PEOPLE ABOUT CHASE BANK!!

71c42341, 2009-07-24, 02:17AM CDT

Just today i rec'd my statment which showed a $39.00 late, which was not late and an rate increase to 10.99% from a fixed 4.99. I also, have NEVER been late, overdrawn. I have NEVER been late on anything EVER, INCLUDING HOUSE PAYMENTS, CREDIT CARDS, CAR PAYMENTS OR ANY OBLIGATION. My payment was for $106.00 and I paid $100.00 by mistake online, which I know it will never be late. So after I talked with this lady, who by the way could not speak proper English and told me there is NO ONE who can help me in the Philippines or the United States. I decided to stay up all night and email my family, friends about how this bank runs there business. I have checking accounts, savings accounts, Anunities, 6 savings accounts for my Grandchildren which have been opened since birth. Well, tomorrow I will go to my branch and draw out every penny I have, which is quite a bit...since I am 61. Oh, I guess they think they will come out ahead with the $39.00. I will pay the credit card off in 2 weeks. Wait until 2010 and see how many offers come in from Chase! Tell them to ride a flying horse. I sure will!

44d6d709, 2009-07-24, 01:44PM CDT

I was also a WAMU customer and I loved them! I had 2 credit cards with Wamu that had been open for a long time, with high limits and I have never been late, ever on any payment to anyone. Along comes Chase, in the Wamu take over and everything changed. Chase decided suddenly that I had too much credit / too many cards and they closed both of my old WAMU accounts. Closed them! I called to ask them why they would arbitrarily close my 2 oldest accounts that I have never been late on and like everyone else, all I got was a brush off. I was then put on hold and waited 15 minutes for a so called supervisor named Bernard. Bernard basically told me the same things...the account couldn't be reopened, the interest on them wouldn't be reduced, I was welcome to pay them off or continue making payments for as long as there was a balance. He had no explaination for hurting my credit score and he didn't care. He also didn't care if I twittered, facebooked and posted everywhere on the net that Chase hurt my credit when I had never ever been late with a payment, ever, to anyone.

Bottom line folks, Chase does not care who they hurt or why and there's no point talking to the Customer Service people. They won't tell you who you can talk to to actually has the authority to make things right and they don't care about you.

This all happened today. When I leave work today I'm going straight to the credit union and opening all new bank accounts. I'm going to pay off all of my chase credit cards and Chase will never get another penny from me. Ever.

9c5591b7, 2009-08-21, 12:02AM CDT

To all of you that are having this issue:

It has occured to me that even if you are not close to expending your available balance you are still a target by banking institutions for the propensity of being charged the overdraft fees. In my opinion this is the worst case I have seen and lived through regarding this issue.

Last month (lets call them bank x for the time being) my wife and I had enough money in our "free" checking account to cover our mortgage as well as our expected expendentures through the end of the week. All of our transactions were clear up to date and I keep a second balance sheet in excel format to calculate future expenses. In addition to the cleared transactions contained in the online transaction register/ ledger there are the "pending" items. Would not everyone agree that once a pending item it should stay that way until the transaction has posted and cleared the account? No no my friends this issue gets even thicker as I attempt to divulge my experience.

On a wednesday evening the reported balance was actually higher than the previous days balance after cleared and pending transactions were posted. In my mind (and on the excel sheet running balance) at this point I had checked of cleared transactions and proceeded to issue payment for our mortgage which was due on a saturday the first of the next month. I opted to pay early as I always do to keep the account in good standing as I dont like to jeapordize my particular schedule of payments that I have worked out with this account and through all of our other creditors. What a mistake as bank X had taken several small transactions that they stated were pending at the time and completely removed them from the online transaction register/ ledger! Once my payments were scheduled was when the real fun began. My previously removed "pending" transactions were then re-posted to my account as if they occured after the larger sum mortgage payment was cleared. I have seen where many of you on this post have seen the same issue. I would venture to bet that some if not all of you may have the same things occuring as well. I have screen shots and teller receipts detailing the course of events as this really ticked me off! Luckily I was fortunate to catch this issue before the business day ended and deposited enough to cover the shortfall that was about to be due as a result of deceptive accounting practices.

In my opinion someone behind the scenes is playing with the order of posted transactions and they know enough about your income schedules through history to manipulate the values so they can still show the account as balanced correctly by the end of the month so you cant really find the issues unless you are keeping a very keen eye on what is going on with your accouts.

Noticing that this occured I contacted the bank to advise them of what I was seeing and the phone bankers first treated me like I was lying about the issue! After speaking with three online bankers a superviser and by my request an account analyst, I finally got them to admit to removing the pending transactions from my register thus causing the erroneous balance report for avaialable balance and ledger balance values. None of them would help me in finding a remedy for the problem but stated that they have a 4 day window for pending transactions and if the merchant or vendor for which you placed your order with does not submit a hardcopy receipt proving the transaction took place to the bank then their practice is to remove the transaction completely from your transaction history and re-enter the transaction once the vendor has complied with their request. In my opinion this should not excuse them from the responsibility of showing the previously reported transactions taking place and reporting the available balance as it should be.

What is happening folks is a true case of deception and for those of you like me that trust your banking institution to be fair and honest with your hard earned money we need to think again.

436adffc, 2009-08-21, 12:53PM CDT

Chase is the worst bank I have ever known. This is one example of what happens when you try to get hep. All you ever do is push buttons and if you get a human they transfer you back to the automated system from hell. The are the worst they have hurt my husband's credit and we are unable to refinance our home. Another website also exists called Chase-Sucks has even more horror stories. Don't be silent they need to be put out of business.

ad3c13a3, 2009-08-25, 06:54PM CDT

My original card was with WaMu and I had NO problems. I have never had a late payment and have always paid $50 - $100.00 over the amount I was required to pay. Chase took over and then the fees began. I was charged an over the limit fee for a finance charge that took me $2.00 over my credit limit. When I attempted to appeal this I was informed that the fee would not be waived and that once my account was closed that it would not be reopened. I chose to close the account. The customer service dept was rude and trying to speak to a supervisor is a complete waste of time. I was finally told to put my complaint in writing and send it to Columbus, Ohio. I will never do business with Chase in any way. I will tell anyone who would listen to NEVER do business with Chase in any form. You will regret it.

8c65ef79, 2009-08-25, 11:27AM CDT

God and by all means don't swear at a specialist...I am banned from ever calling Chase again...The wierd thing is I Googled complaints about Chase and had a hard time finding any angry people out there..Why is it there is no bad feedback about Chase?????

e8e15340, 2009-09-04, 12:13PM CDT

CHASE BANK IS TERRIBLE TO SAY THE LEASE! No customer service, the right hand doesn't have a clue what the left hand is doing. After 28 years I had enough and closed all accounts,,,several times and ha, ha and they still show up as active.

There automated phone system doesn't recognize correct numbers and doesn't ask the right questions to get you where you want to go.

They have gotton so big that I'm not even a number any more. They can't find my number.

ec86a560, 2009-09-18, 11:40PM CDT

Tonight I called the number in the back of my bill ( 1.800.945.2000 )to see if I can get a waiver on the late payment fee in which a late payment of $29.00 was attached to my bill a day after I paid my bill in full.when I asked customer service ( if you want to call it that ) to waive the late fee she simply stated that chase doesn't do that and hung up on me with no explanation why.I'm also considering to change banks, since there willing to loose a life long customer over $29.00 bucks.Chase bank seriously needs to retrain these so called operators in phone ethics.

30749adf, 2009-09-21, 12:08PM CDT

I would like to say, although my issue with chase wasn't a billing issue but yet a hiring process issue. They extented me an offer of employment, I did my background check and when it came to the onboard boarding forms via computer, they revoked my offer. The reason stating was my employment dates weren't correct. I did have computer issues, being locked out, couple pages wouldn't open to print and they didn't have examples of how they wanted the information, so, everytime I went to submit it, the page would say there is errors which would alter information. Finally after about my 30th time trying to submit, it went through. Well, because of the computer errors they toldme I would never be able to work for chase because I falsified information. I tried to explain to them the circumstances but they basically treated me as though I am a liar and fraud. I had asked to speak to the person whom rejected me but only was told they couldn't give out that information. So, with this experience, I wonder who else has had this issue happen?

After reading peoples complaints I am kind of glad I wasn't apart of their team. They are rude people.

f72620bf, 2009-09-21, 10:18PM CDT

We have two Chase cards - one an unconverted business account, with a payment due around the 20th of each month, and an active business card, with a payment due around the 4th of each month. The unconverted card has not been active since October 2008.

I used to pay the unconverted account each month by phone. In June I was informed, by Chase, that the payment had to be mailed from that point on. On July 16, 2009, I mailed my check #1301, in the amount of $300, priority mail with delivery confirmation, to PO Box 15827, Wilmington, DE 19850-5827. My delivery confirmation shows that the payment was delivered at 5:31 a.m. on July 18, 2009. It was due on July 21. I ENCLOSED THE PAYMENT COUPON FOR THE ACCOUNT(my unconverted WAMU business card), AND WROTE THE ACCOUNT NUMBER ON MY CHECK.

When my August statement arrived, it showed no payment received in July! After many phone calls back and forth, IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT MY CHECK HAD BEEN CONVERTED TO AN ELECTRONIC TRANSFER #1301, AND APPLIED TO MY CURRENT CHASE BUSINESS CARD. It took until August 14, for online banking to back the $300 out of that account (which IS current.)

On August 18, I sent my check #1313 in the amount of $300 to PO Box 15827, Wilmington DE 19850-5827. I ENCLOSED THE PAYMENT COUPON FOR THAT ACCOUNT (my unconverted WAMU business card), AND WROTE THE ACCOUNT NUMBER ON MY CHECK.

My September statement arrived showing no payment for the unconverted and that my check had, yet again, been converted to an electronic transfer #1301 and applied to the wrong account - AGAIN!

What more could I do to ensure the funds were applied to the correct account? At this point, I appear to be 90 days in arrears, through no fault of my own. I was contacted, by mail, by a Mr. Manzano, on August 26. I've sent him everything he needs to unravel this mess, but no results to date. No updates to date. I'm certainly not going to send another payment for them to lose. I believe they are converting check payments to electronic transfers so that they don't have to provide a copy of the check.

I've also had transactions disappear from my transaction history - only to appear again at times when our balance had historically been low. I called them on it, and they weren't ever successful in creating OD fees. Credit union, here I come!

634cf5ca, 2009-10-04, 11:48AM CDT

I had a CD that matured and went in to renew it, but had a very unfortunate experience with a an incompetent representative. He offered me a 4 year renewal at 3% interest and when it came time to input the information in the computer, he was adivised by his supervisor that this was a "promotional offer" and in order to be eligible I had to open a checking account. Well, I have no desire to open a checking account just to get this rate. After all, this was his mistake. Good customer service means doing your best to accommodate the customer. Two days later I spoke with the Branch Manager and asked if they would allow me to open a money market in lieu of the checking. You guessed it, he said no, even after supposedly calling the back office to ask them. Before Chase it was Wamu, before that Great Western. 20 years as a customer and this is the outcome. I closed the account, and just couldn't believe they did nothing to right their error. They say they want to build relationships. Please!

bb1c61dc, 2009-10-14, 11:40PM CDT

I have had a home equity loan with WAMU for about 9 years with no issues.When Chase took over WAMU, I made my usual payment of $135.Then I was informed by the NEW Chase bank that I was 30 days late on my loan pmt.and that I needed to pay that amount again! I walked in the branch with a cash pmt of $135,I did get a written receipt but i could not locate it because it was several months later.The branch went through all of there computer files and found nothing!!!!!!They said they were having issues with things like this due to the change over.I never got this issue settled in my favor! I shelled out nearly $300 in a matter of a few days due to their neglect.In return,they reported this to the credit bureaus as a "30" day late pmt.We were buying a car during this time and another bank gave us a high interest due to the error!Well guess what??? Chase wins again!@!!!!This also impacted my home depot card,they checked my credit and decreased my anount by $4000.00! I was in good standing with this company,I am being punished because of stupid Chase! I was a few days late on my home eqty ln pmy,but never 30 days as they say,but i was late and a guy named Al called my home and treated me like a second class citizen,he wanted to know where I was getting the money to pay my loan from??? WOW< excuse me??? personal over the line ?"S???? that does not pertain to why he called me.I dont get it,I called and talked to his so called supervisor,he just said he will chat with him and he was sorry.Truth be known they probably went out for a beer that night and laughed it off! Be aware people,they are god awful!My 2 cents worth folks.

a33f2a81, 2009-10-25, 10:06PM CDT

I work for the bank and the only reason why they told you that "you had to open a checking account" was to increase their branch production to make it look like they are a profitable branch.

Branches are required to open a certain amount of checking accounts, they saw you as an opportunity to make money.

799aeb98, 2009-10-27, 10:09AM CDT

Chase Bank motto: WE MAKE MONEY THE EASY WAY, WE STEAL IT

799aeb98, 2009-10-27, 10:09AM CDT

Chase Bank motto: WE MAKE MONEY THE EASY WAY, WE STEAL IT

1aa5d151, 2009-11-03, 04:28PM CST

What ASSES!! What a complete change from WAMU!! Bring WAMU back!!!!

7f125c9c, 2009-11-05, 10:40AM CST

Yeah- my payment was 20 MINUTES late- and I was socked a late fee!!! I went to the bank at 4:20 pacific time. I had called earlier and was told I could make a credit card payment at the local branch up til they closed at 6pm and that it would apply to my account that day. When I got to the bank, I was told that was incorrect. Apparently, they have a rule that the payment has to be made by 4-oclock. After I got home, at 4:45, I called Chase to see if the late fee could be waived since I made the payment minutes late, the incredibly rude woman on the phone said abruptly no, I've had the card 3 years, I should know better, there was no excuse, blah blah blah. I was so angry I was crying. I asked for her supervisor, she

REFUSED to transfer me. I said " I don't like you, I don't want to talk to you- give me your supervisor." She hung up on me. Now that's customer service!

3cdf8f86, 2009-11-07, 07:33PM CST

Chase took my Wamu Rate of 12% and jacked it up to 30%. When I called the MFers they told me to pound sand. I am joining the Ann Minch credit card revolt and telling them to F off.

d8c48165, 2009-11-12, 10:38AM CST

That is right, stealing, I have been a great customer of Chase for years, paying in full my balance every month. I never got a bill last month and they socked me with a $39 late fee and interest. I called and they refused to reverse any of the charges even though I am a great customer. I have never paid a late fee or interest. Guess they are not making enough money on me. I am furious.

b1981bd9, 2009-11-13, 06:04PM CST

My payment was actually made on time at my bank but by the time it processed it was late to Chase and I was hit with a late fee. I was given the same line about it not being a bank mistake. Well excuse me you didn't send me a bill is that or is that not a bank mistake. I called and explained that I had already made my payment through my bank but that by the time it would process it would be late and was told that I would not be charged a late fee. I got a late fee anyway. Is that or is that not a bank mistake. It was your employee that told me I would not get a late fee and I got one anyway. And this on an account that I was paying off with this last payment. Now they say I owe them one more payment for the late fee. How ridiculous is that! I will continue to fight them over this but already knew that I didn't like their business practices and will never do business with them again. And the banks wonder why they are going broke............it's because you treat your customers like crude!!!!!!!!!

856494ae, 2009-11-14, 11:18PM CST

I TRULY BELIEVE THAT CHASE IS ONE OF THE ORGANIZATIONS WHICH ARE AND WILL DESTROY AMERICA AS WE KNOW IT. WE NEED PRESSURE ON GOVERNMENT AND PLEADING TO THE "BIG MONEY" PEOPLE TO MOVE THERE FUNDS AND QUIT SELLING THE U.S. TO CHINA. SO MANY AMERICANS ARE AND HAVE DIED FOR THIS NATION. IT IS TIME FOR "BIG MONEY" TO PUT AMERICA 1ST OVER A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS. THE "AVERAGE" CONCUMER CAN HELP BY NOT USING CHASE MORTGAGE SERVICES AND SAVINGS OR MOVING THEM TO A DIFFERENT BANK. OUR KIDS FUTURES DEPENDS ON OUR ACTIONS. THE U.S MAY BE BANK-RUPT AND OWNED BY CHINA IF WE CONTINUE TO ALLOW ORGANIZATIONS LIKE CHASE AND WAL-MART TO DESTROY OUR NATION. WE ARE TRULY IN A "CIVIL COLD WAR" AND MANY AMERICANS MAY LIVE TO SEE WHAT IS UNCONCEIVABLE (THE COMPLETE DOWNFALL OF THE U.S.) IF SERIOUS CHANGES ARE NOT CONSIDERED BY EVERYONE SUPPORTING THESE ANTI-AMERICAN ORGANIZATIONS. THEY ARE TRULY A MUCH BIGGER THREAT THAN TERROIST OR THE SOVIET UNION EVER WAS AS FAR AS THE UNITED STATES' FUTURE. WE NEED "YOU" TO HELP !! DEMAND MORE FROM YOU GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ALSO AND DON'T ACCEPT THE BS RUN-AROUND. THE CLOCK IS TICKING AND WITHOUT THE EFFORTS OF TRUE AMERICANS, OUR WOUDERFUL NATION'S FUTURE IS SINCERELY AT RISH FOR THE 1ST TIME SINCE ITS' EXISTANCE!!!!THIS COMMENT IS TRULY MY BELIEF AND INDIVIDUALS CAN RESEARCH THE TERRIBLE CONSUMER TREATMENT BY THESE ORGANIZATIONS ON THE INTERNET AND MOST HAVE COMPLAINTS OF THEIR OWN TO SHARE. CEOs OF THESE COMPANIES ARE ACTUALLY SELLING OUT THE U.S. AS WE STAND BY AND WATCH. THIS IS DEFINITELY A THE BIGGEST NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE EVER FACED. EVEN WITH THE WEAPONS AND TECHNOLOGY THE U.S. POSSESSES, WE CAN NOT FIGHT A LARGE WAR/DEFEND OUR NATION WITHOUT MONEY!!!! WE HAVE TO STOP ALLOWING THESE CEOs TO SELL OUR NATION TO CHINA AND THERE ALLIES!!! DOESN'T ANYONE REALIZE THAT CHINA SUPPORTED NORTH VIETNAM - THEY SUPPORT NORTH KOREA AND EVEN MADE A BOLD SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE AT THE OPENING OF THE OLYMPICS ABOUT BECOMING THE WORLD'S "SUPER-POWER". A AM ASHAMED THAT AS OUR KIDS DIE AND OUR LOVED ONES HAVE GIVEN THERE LIFES FOR THE U.S., WE ARE STANDING BY AND ALLOWING OUR NATION TO BE DESTROYED OVER MONEY AND BEING ABLE TO BUY LUXURIES FOR A COUPLE OF BUCKS CHEAPER. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

85c8036d, 2009-11-17, 10:20AM CST

i will never ever ever ever ever bank with chase again!!! they left me BROKE AND PENNYLESS (literally) I opened an account that was supposed to be closed and they chose not to close it so they could keep charging me the so called "continuous overdraft fee" and then finally one day, out of the blue, they waited until my direct deposit from my employer hit my other account and WIPED it out!! I had no gas to get to work the next day or gas to get my child to school or gas to get my ill husband to the doctor for chemo treatment. So to Chase Bank I say, a big thank you for making my life a "living hell" for the next two weeks until I get paid again. It was not nice doing business with you.

0b8f39c5, 2009-11-20, 09:24PM CST

I on the other hand have enough money to pay off my loan and they won't answer me - cannot receive payoff letter no one will answer my calls - lien on house cannot be cleared - CHASE SUCKS AND THEY ARE ROBOTS AND I guarantee you they WILL NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONES...

THEY ARE ROBOTS

d9777923, 2009-11-21, 06:17AM CST

I AM SICK OF THE WAY THIS COUNTRY IS TREATING IT"S HARD WORKING HONEST TAX PAYING CITIZENS PERIOD. WHILE BILLIONS ARE HANDED OUT TO FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS MANY MILLIONS ARE LOST IN THE SAUCE WITH NO TRACE AND NO ACCOUNTABILITY AT ALL!!!!!!! MEANWHILE CHASE DECIDED TO RAISE MY BUSINESS CREDIT CARD RATE TO A STUPID 19.99% WITH NO JUSTIFICATION OR SOUND EXPLANATION.

I HAVE GREAT CREDIT PAY MY BILLS AND I DO NOT LOOK TO SCREW ANY INSTITUION OUT OF WHAT IS DUE TO THEM, BUT AFTER SEVERAL CALLS PLEADING TO LOWER MY RATE SO I CAN CLEAN UP MY BALANCE THEREFORE ELIMINATING MY DEBT AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE LOWERING OF THE NATIONAL DEBT PROBLEM I ABSOLUTELY RECEIVED NO HELP AT ALL FROM CHASE AND ONLY GOT LAME EXCUSES SAYING THAT IS THE GOING RATE.

NOT EVEN AN ATTEMPT TO LOWER MY RATE BY 1% WOULD HAVE AT LEAST APPEASED ME, THIS IS WHY THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO SUFFER GREATLY IN THE END BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE GOVERNMENT IS LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK WHILE ALL OF HARD WORKING AMERICANS NEW OR OLD OR FOREIGN ARE LOSING THE BATTLE AND THEIR JOBS,HOMES AND LIFE.

CHASE AND OTHER BIG GUNS SHAME ON YOU BECAUSE WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND, I HAVE FAITH IN GOD ONLY AND HE WILL PROVIDE BECAUSE MY COUNTRY WILL NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cc045c2f, 2009-12-02, 09:35AM CST

I was 5 mins past the 4pm online cutoff on my due date and was charged $35. Called and got the same story. I guess this is a good way to have total assets of 2 trillion. Greedy.

939ec917, 2009-12-10, 06:16AM CST

Me and my family finally found our dream home 6 years ago, my first yr here i didnt get to fully enjoy, my dad was dianosed with colon cancer. Thank god he survided we have 4 children my husband had a decent job, we were happy ...briefly , my son graduated high school my eldest daughter wsnt too far behind him, my son joined the National Gaurd we were/ are very proud but my heart was broken, my husband was injured on the job and was FIRED workmans compensation was our means of survival, chase bank bought out or loan company washington mutual , and unfortunately our payments became late on our home frequently, as we all know the economy IS horrible, Michigan is the worse no one is buying home, but they sure are being taken, my husband applied for the remodification and was given what we NOW know was a trial run...a "test" of a lowered payment and yes those payments were late but were MADE , our home has fallen into forclosure as of november 19th without notice, weve called and speak operator after operator....reminds me of Henry Potter on its a wonderful life at times , i wonder does the person taking homes have a space wherea heart belongs? is he healthy? does he have children? it inst we dont pay , we're LATE ...at times i dont understand the world, nor people in it, we dont want charity just our home , today my goal is to speak to someone who can tell me why they are taking homes from families, not just my own, people who try and do pay my house will no doubt sit cold and empty with ghost of laughing children, and wonderful holidays filled with cheer, if nothing else . Thanks for the vent room god bless everyone who reads.

f84b7bb7, 2009-12-15, 08:30PM CST

Since Chase took over Washington Mutual they have done nothing but wrong to me. Raise my rates to 29.99%. I,ve had them call me at least 300 times. They are crooks and I think everyone with a chase account that they are giving you problems with just stop paying period. I sent them 3 certified letters offer to pay 18.9% and they won,t respond. Stop paying them. Everyone let,s join together and put this company in it,s place. Remember we give them 25 billion dollars. And what do they do. Screw the american public. Stop paying your bill.

e52b0efb, 2009-12-17, 09:12AM CST

I am sending the below letter to Chase CEO as well as my Representative, Congressman and President Obama. Whether anyone reads it or cares is questionable but I have to atleast try. There needs to be a movement to stop credit card company dispicable activities. Isn't loan sharking illegal?

They get bailed out and then really get ggreedy!!!!!

December 15, 2009

Card Services

P.O. Box 15098

Wilmington, DE 19850-5098

RE: Chase Account ending in xxxx

Dear Card Services,

I reject the changes that you are planning on imposing on my credit card ending in xxxx. I understand that you are giving me no other alternative but to do this or suffer the consequences of a large rate increase. It is also apparent that your company is taking this action no fault of mine, as I continue to be on time and up to date on all of my payments. I also understand that this action is causing the credit on this card to longer be available to me and that it will adversely affect my credit report and score. I feel that this is unreasonable and uncalled for especially after your company has been graciously bailed out by the American tax dollar.

I am a small business owner and care about ethical practice and taking care of customers that make my business possible. But it is obvious that unfair treatment of good long standing customers seems to be the policy at Chase.

Sincerely,

b0581b09, 2009-12-27, 12:53AM CST

I have been victimized by a fraudulent sale in the home I purchased. Chase Bank has only victimized me further over the past 21 months!! I have had give them about $10,000 (in addition to my monthly payment!) in order to keep my home. I have called them over 100 times, I talk to a minimum of 4 departments on each call. Never to the right department who can help me. They make promises, but I never get the paperwork. They screw up, and never admit it.

There is supposed to be "Help for Home owners". Chase Bank only offers "Hassles for Homeowners"!!

The crook who commited the fraud and screwed up my life is going to federal prison. What will happen to Chase Bank for doing the same??

(perhaps we, as a country, can give them billions more of my dollars??!!)

Someone needs to stop them!!

b15396df, 2010-01-04, 09:41PM CST

I have an account at Chase Bank, while my mother has 1 at Bank of America. My mother only lived in Arlington, TX for 7 months & myself for 9 months.I'm letting bank account holders & investors of Chase Bank on Bowen Rd. in Arlington,TX An incident occurred involving an employee at Bank of America 1206 S. Bowen Rd. Arlington,TX. Teller name Simone Jackson assaulted my elderly mother, made threats, & stole money while depositing money in her account. Simone handed some of the stolen money to bank manager Jamar Johnson makin him an accessory to the incident on 6/10/09. Simone stated if we contacted the police, she would entered my home with her people & hurt us. July 2,2009 Simone entered my home& assaulted my mother, I chased her to the backyard. Police arrived, she was gone. We were not aware that Jamar & Simone including other employees knew the police. Some of the police officers helped covered up the incident at Bank of America. Before I chased Simone out my house, she was with other people in my home univited talking about killing us. She stated she been at the bank for 15 yrs. and Jamar & a few others been stealing money from account holders & the bank for years. Jamar Johnson talk to the bank manager at Chase Bank & some of the employees are stealing money there to. I had to remove us from the area, from the state to try to do something. It started with a ex-girlfriend name Tisher Pipkorn from Milwaukee,WI putting a picture on the web and getting in contact with some of these people in the area like Sue & Bill Hughes 2309 Garden Park Ct. Marilyn & Stewart Devore 2302 Garden Park Ct. Jason Kurian 2308 Garden Park Ct. the Allman 2307 Garden Park Ct. & others passing out my pic. on their cell phones to obtain personal banking informations & medical information w/o consent. Some of these people been stealing money for years! People worked hard all their lives, & thinking going to the bank and putting money in the bank would be safe. Instead we stumbled on something we shouldn't of stumbled on! Simone stated there are a lot of powerful people involved. Simone stated they have accounts in different names, escrow,& CDs, U need to check the bank records.

3254509b, 2010-01-05, 02:42PM CST

Chase Financial, Bank, Home Equity, All are a living nightmare to deal with, everyone you speak too has a different story and all they can do is say "we're sorry for the inconvenience" about 100 times - Never have I had such a hard time dealing with any institution to simply close in in-active account with no balance.

I STRONGLY ADVISE TO NEVER BANK WITH THEM, KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR HOUSE BEFORE YOU USE CHASE.

44802d03, 2010-01-06, 04:08PM CST

Chase is the enemy of small business owners. In my case, they converted a business account to a personal one, converted a line of credit to an overdraft line (even though I have never had, and certainly do not want, a checking account with the bank), reduced the credit limit by 90 percent AFTER I had written a convenience for part of of the available balance, and then did that again two weeks later when I wrote another check for less than half of the (greatly reduced) limit. This is "gotcha" banking that must be stopped. Why hasn't some lawyer started a class action suit against these unethical "bankers"?

78b80ca5, 2010-01-07, 11:57AM CST

CHASE IS ONE OF THE WORST BANKS EVER. WHAT IS THE ADDRESS OF THE CEO OF CHASE?

I WANT TO SEND HIM A COMPLAINT LETTER.

WHEN I CALLED THE 800 NUMBER THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME HIS NAME OR ADDRESS!

WHERE CAN i LOCATE THIS INFO?

CHASE IS JUST A HORRENDOUS BANK AND ITS SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE ANYTHING BUT THAT !

513dc122, 2010-01-08, 12:57AM CST

I feel badly for you....but you read and signed the contract. I am not really sure how you could be mad at anyone after you agreed to the terms and conditions. It's called a courtesy waiver...it's not owed to you. READ YOUR CARD MEMBER AGREEMENT!!!!

346db43c, 2010-01-11, 01:14PM CST

Hello,

Recently my wife and I tried to have our chase bank HELOC increased ( which was reduced a year ago like almost everyone else) ours was reduced from 93,000 to 11,000 based on an electronic appraisal chase did that showed our home value had dropped from 250,000 to 178,000. So they took 178,000 and multiplied it by there 80% loan to value and got 142,000 then they subtracted our mortgage amount (which according to there records) was 131, 000 and got 11,000 so that is our new limit. But in reality our mortgage amount had been paid down over 30,000. They used our original info from the time of our application 3.5 years ago to calculate our reduction. They didnt request current info at the time of the reduction. They simply sent out the reduction notice and hope that you dont appeal it. In the notice they dont tell you that they used inaccurate info so we didnt know they used our original mortgage amount. We found out by calling multiple representatives and asking how they arrived at 11,000 and one slipped up and told us. When we informed them of our true mortgage amount we were told to fax in a recent statement and it would likly make a big difference but it didnt they said they used the info they had at the time and it was our fault for not appealing it sooner. They say our only option is to pay for our oun appraisal $400 and if it comes back high enough they will consider and increase now at a 70% loan to value. My concern is how many chase HELOC customers limits where reduced with inaccurate info to calculate them. I went into our local branch and convinced the young branch manager to give me several high positioned chase executives phone numbers that she apparently wasnt supposed to. Because now they are asking me how I got these names and numbers of these executives but I cant get past there secretaries. I tried the proper channels and am not looking for a hand out we have 2 checking and 3 savings accounts as well as our HELOC all in good standing all payment have been on time and above the minimum payment. We have great credit and plenty of equity in our home, I believe this is chases way of trying to get people to not be able to take advantage of the low interest rates they gave with these loans ( ours is 1.25 above prime) I really believe this has effected many peoples lives and is something alot of people care and would like to know about. And deserves more attention. Not just for me but everyone chase has misled. PHONE NUMBERS YOU NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE:

KERVIN HILL 318 340 3460 his boss SANDY GREENWALD 318 329 1486 her boss LARRY THODE 318 329 1815 his boss

ALEX KRANTZ 614 422 0538 his boss DAVE LUCCHINO his boss RYAN MCINERNEY CALL AND MAKE SOME NOISE AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THERE POLICES ON CUSTOMER SERVICE

SINCERLY

Troy [email protected]

e8e15340, 2010-01-15, 07:14AM CST

Chase banks customer service is nonexistant and their policies are not customer friendly. You can't talk to anyone that cares to change their policies. It is impossible to talk to anyone at the top that makes decisions. They do not listen to the customers concerns. I withdrew over $65,000 and moved it to another bank.

60dcdcb3, 2010-01-22, 08:31AM CST

Let's just say Chase and their employees could careless about you as a consumer. Someone really needs to check into a class action suit. We owed a home and my husband's hours got cut, therefore, we were having a hard time paying our mortgage. We called Chase and when we tried to work things out, we were told one thing and when we called again, we were told something else...it was VERY FRASTRATING! Here is the kicker..we put our house up for a short sale and we got offers, they were presented to Chase and they denied these offers...why, because it wasn't enough money? We could have had our house sold and we wouldn't have had foreclosure. We filed bankruptcy...and trust me, we did everything to save our house and we got NO help from Chase, the employees had no idea what the other one was doing or saying even when we documented ALL calls. Chase is nothing but a greedy bank, uncaring about consumers needs and they seem to hire employees who have no idea what the heck they are doing?

Here's the second kicker, when we moved out of our house, it sat for over a year and 1/2 we would still get notices from Chase even after bankruptcy and two days ago we received another notice from Chase which states: Notice: Section 329 of the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act requires that mortgage companies shall annually provide written disclosure statement which describes the requirements the customer must fulfill to accomplish prepayment of the mortgage and prevent accrual of any interest after the date of prepayment. The following notice advices you of your right prepay. If you do not wish to prepay your mortgage you do not need to respond.

HELLO, we don't have our house anymore, we turned it over back to Chase, they were notified we filed bankruptcy refused all short sales and they still send us notices. What the heck? If we paid the amount they are asking, do we get our house back even after they sold it?

Where are you LAWYERS??????

05f3268d, 2010-01-26, 09:21AM CST

Call the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency which is the branch of government that lords over any bank that has NA in their name. Chase is an NA bank. Go online and enter office of the comptroller of the currency into your search engine and it will allow you to file a complaint against chase. Wachovia is another bank that is NA. NA stands for National or National Association. The OCC is wonderful and they will make Chase do the right thing.

e76cf128, 2010-02-06, 04:14PM CST

Sounds like you were late and tried to weezle out of a late fee. Would you do the same if someone owed you 1200. Dollers?

05f3268d, 2010-02-07, 10:33AM CST

Going to the CEO of Chase will get you nowhere. Go to www.helpwithmybank.gov or contact www.occ.gov

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency governs banks with N or NA in their names. They are National banks or National Association banks. I fought with Wachovia for six months until I found this these sites and filed a formal complaint with the OCC. Problem solved within two weeks.

68e01a20, 2010-02-09, 11:13AM CST

Be sure and THANK your president for this!! Because he doesnt give a D&*M

23cb6c2b, 2010-02-09, 02:44PM CST

Chase is the most ruthless company ever. Don't ever do business with them. Spread the word!

f4f70e0f, 2010-02-11, 03:56PM CST

I too have a complaint. Afew years back I was issued a card from HOME DEPOT,or "CHASE BANK" due to a STROKE, and unable to work. I was unable to meet the normal payment date. I tried to complay with payments of $XX.XX amount each month to end the accout, Neither Home Depot or CHASE BANK would accept my offer. Now I am being SUED by CHASE BANK for a rough amount of $6000,00 plus dollars. They say they are here to help out and SERVE to PUBLIC. I have one question, How does the CEO of CHASE deserve a $11.6 MILLION dollar BOUNS. I would pay the "ORIGINAL" amout owed.

f4f70e0f, 2010-02-11, 04:04PM CST

NO,NO, don't stop paying off a ligement debt or they will do to you what they are doing to me. A $6000.00 plus COURT DATE. Just don't use them any more. They just can't be trusted. They got their $28,000,000,000.00 and we have to pay iot off.

e297e098, 2010-02-13, 05:32PM CST

I agree with ALL the complaints on here, Chase is the worst customer service company I've EVER had to deal with. With over 50 years of living, I've seen some bad places, but this place takes the cake.

c854bc2e, 2010-02-26, 02:35PM CST

I was charged a late fee for my charge card. I mailed my payment on 1/29/10 with a due date of 2/13/10 and it didn't post until 2/14/10 costing me $39.00. After two calls to Chase complaining about the length of time to post my payment they said there was nothing they could do and the charge remains. I have closed my account. My bank advises the payment goes into a "lock box" and most likely sits there for days before it is posted. And that is MY fault???? I am furious and will never do business with them again.

f0562916, 2010-02-27, 08:35PM CST

WaMu was the greatest. I sure do miss them.

751a995d, 2010-03-11, 03:54PM CST

*sigh* I opened a Chase account online and went to a bank to sign the signature card. The bankers there were rude and wanted to know why I didnt come to them to open the account. I sat with a personal banker, who I believe cheated me out of the $125 bonus I should have received when I opened the account online. I believe that the banker altered the account to make it seem like he opened the account for me, therefore allowing him to receive a new account bonus. I have been calling, calling, calling and CALLING Chase to explain this and they basically don't care!!! I have only had the account for a few months and I'm going to close it. Chase really is the worst bank ever.

5161e4a5, 2010-03-23, 07:20PM CDT

I just went to my bank chase the one by the mall in palmdale and i tried cashing a check there but they told me they couldn't because it was from another bank union bank of america so i tried talking to the person and explaining to him i have cashed checks there before and i had no problem whatsoever i just got my check from regional center which was $139.80 and he said sorry we can't cash the check because of the amount i had in my account i either had to deposit or goto union bank i went to union bank of america by mcdonalds in palmdale and i had no problem all i had to do was show my id and i don't even have to have an account.

ba2e1201, 2010-04-30, 11:39AM CDT

The nerve of these bankers treating the very same taxpayers who bailed them out of debt like this...Shame on them..don't purchase anything else with a Chase card...hit them where it hurts the most, in their wallet!

f25182c0, 2010-05-03, 02:50PM CDT

In September 2009. The manager at one of the Flushing NY branches, a Mr. Mancuso flicked his fingers toward me under his chin. Why? there is no reason, nor is there an excuse for such.

When it happened I wrote a letter concerning the insult. However, a computer problem kept me from sending it. For these months I let it go. However, it was necessary for me to use this branch recently, when I learned he is still manager.

Although there is no reason for his behavior. I will tell you what I said just before he made the obsene signal;

I said for the third time that I would not open a Chase account. Besides, because I had been a WAMU customer, I already had an account. By the way, he did this in front of a teller.

v.j.

3bf0be0a, 2010-05-21, 01:13AM CDT

OK, here's my plan to get back--if you've got anything better, please post so I can change my strategy.

I was also unfortunate enough to be a WAMU customer with a checking and savings account besides the credit card--yes, my interest rate shot up right after Chase bought the bank. I finally got around to see Michael Moore's movie this week and was pretty riled up. Today, after having the same "interest fee after being told my account is paid off" problem that was previously mentioned, I've decided to follow through:

1) Start new checking and savings accounts at local credit union.

2) Move all direct deposits/ automatic deductions to these new accounts ASAP.

3)While waiting for step 2 to take place, get an XL bright-colored t-shirt printed with "Is Chase Screwing You, Too? See me for help!" (on the back of the shirt, so they won't see me coming:)

4)Withdraw everything but $20 from the Chase checking account, confirming at that time that my old WAMU policy of "Free Checking" is still effective.

5)Each day after the carpool adjourns, throw happy-colored t-shirt over regular work clothes. Be my smiling, friendly self and answer any questions bystanders may ask, and invite them along to watch the show.

6) Each day, wearing the shirt, visit the Chase branch (it's in the mini-mall where the carpool parks) and deduct 5 cents.

Ask each time for details about my "Free Checking", just to make sure they don't sneak in some new policy to put the lid on my fun. When convenient, take up even more of the teller's time (drop my keys on the floor a few times, bring a screaming toddler, ask about home loans on doghouses, ask if they have any free giveaway plastic crap, etc).

7) Somebody check my math, but my job makes about $20/hr (after taxes). That would be an imaginary $3.30 worth of my time for a 10 minute visit to Chase. It would take over a year to close that Chase account if I withdrew a nickel a day (pretty sure the interest on the account would only add a day or two more). Even if the teller only makes a third of what I do, Chase is still losing big-time.

8) On the last day I walk into the branch, I'll have the calculations on paper to show Chase what big-time losers they really are.

P.S. If you want to do this, too, write and tell me how it's going.

P.P.S. If you are a printer/manufacturer of happy-colored custom-printed t-shirts, I'd be ecstatic if you used this idea to make money for yourself if you'll send me a free shirt (I really like hot pink, but "Chase blue" might be fun, too.

P.P.P.S. This will not be the first subversive game I've ever played against big business, and I've had really good luck in the past (sorry if you're a telemarketer--it's nothing against you, personally). Yes, the price is your own valuable time, but if you can get a belly laugh a day, it's a mini-workout, too.

P.P.P.P.S. Oh, yeah. I also contacted my state's Attorney General about the wonky bill. If it gets me anywhere, I'll post again.

4378f07d, 2010-06-09, 07:11PM CDT

WaMu indeed is the greatest! Chase is the worst customer service ever. I hope that everyone will close their acct so that they will go out of business. They really need to work on keeping the customer happy.

Anonymous, 2010-06-23, 02:04PM CDT

,YES CHASE IS A TERRIBLE BANKING INSTITUTE,THEY HAND OUT LOANS KNOWING PEOPLE WILL NOT MAKE PAYMENT THEN FORECLOSE ON THEM STEALING YES STEALING DEPOSISTS,I KNOW FOLKS WHO WORKED 40 ,50 YEARS IN THIS COUNTRY ,PAYING TAXES ,SENDING THEIR KIDS TO SCHOOL ,MAKING RETIREMENT FUNDS,ONLY TO HAVE EVRYTHING THEY WORKED FOR STOLEN FROM THEM BY CHASE,THESE FOLKS PURCHASED HOMES,MADE LOANS ,AND THRU NO FAULT OF THEIRS DUE TO THE ECONOMNY,ARE HAVING TROUBLE MAKING MORTAGE PAYMENTS ,CHASE IS FULL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IDIOTS THAT ANSWER PHONES ,READ COMPUTER SCREENS AND HAVE NO ANSWERS FOR DESPERATE PEOPLE LOSING THEIR HOMES,WHILE WE HAVE ON ONE SIDE A PRESIDENT SAYING NO HOMELESS BY 20/20 AND THEN CHASE ON THE OTHER SIDE FORECLOSING ON EVRYTHING PEOPLE HARDWORKING AMERICANS HAVE WORKED FOR.I FOR ONE WILL REMOVE MY CHECKING AND SAVINGS AND FIND ANOTHER INSTITUTION TO BAK WITH,AND WHEN THESE BANKS NEEDED A BAILOUT ,THE TAXES PAYERS ALONG WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT BAILED THEM OUT ,AND NOW THESE BANKS ARE REFUSING TO HELP THOSE WHO HELPED THEM

fd821fd0, 2010-07-18, 08:14AM CDT

Chase has to be the most disorganized and arrogant financial institution in the world. They have several databases with the same customer names and they never merge them. I have gotten two letters in the same day with contradictory information. Their Fraud Department acts like Keystone Cops. I wonder how many people have had strokes or heart attacks from getting so angry with Chase's lack of common sense and decency. I know I will if I don't get them out of my life.

5cbdbacf, 2010-07-20, 12:29PM CDT

Chase credit card division does not een understand the words "Customer Service"!

A merchant tried to credit my Chase Account for $150.00 and Chase told hem tthat my credit card was 'expired" so they could not credit my card. My card ddoes not expire until July 2011, a yyear away!! I have tried very hard to eexplain this, to me, simple process; Call the merchant and accept their $150 ccredit to my account. There have been numerous email on the Chase "secure" wweb site on this issue. yet no one at cChase seems to understand and they keep demanding various documents involved in what they term a "dispute". There is no "Dispute" involved; the merchant is simply trying to credit my account $150.00 and Chase is refusing their credit by saying my card has expired although it is good until July 2011. I also spoke with Cahy Page, allegedly a Customer Service Supervisor, who could not help me and turned me over to Vanisssa paccial in Chase Security, who, it turned out couldn't help me either....and the next sound i heard was a dial tone.

NOBODY AT CHASE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE CUSTOMER!!

jULIAN ANDERSON .....5590

8ccd6dd3, 2010-08-23, 02:05AM CDT

MUST READ ARTICLE ON CHASE

8ccd6dd3, 2010-08-23, 02:07AM CDT

MUST READ ARTICLE ON CHASE

76c6edb6, 2010-09-08, 10:59PM CDT

I also had a problem with Chase Mortgage - I put it on Youtube.

c890af90, 2010-09-21, 10:34AM CDT

I can not believe what condescending people that Chase Bank has working for them!!

I just filed a complaint with Chase and Consumer Affairs about 1 of Chase's Unemployment Benefits Direct Card Payment sales rep's. This arrogant guy asked me for my card info & name, which I gave, then asked if I was Randy, I said yes, then asked if I was male or female, (which is odd), but I answered. He then proceeded to tell me he had accessed my info that I requested but would not give it to me because he never heard of the name "Randy", that was a "female" who spelled the name with a "y". I could not believe this is what I was hearing. I told him it was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. He continue to repeat the same statement. I asked to speak to his manager, he put me on hold. He came back and told me he talked to 2 managers "Who Are Men" & they never heard of a "female" with the name "Randy" with a "y", either! I told him this was so ridiculous and he had all my correct info. I stated that he didn't let me talk to his managers and this was unbelievable and repeated part of my user name and he said it's still wrong, only the first part was correct. Finally he gave it to me after repeating the same statement again & my constantly telling him what difference is it to him how I spell my name as long as he received the info that he need to access my account & how ridiculous he was. He had such a nasty condescending attitude!! Never ever in my whole life have I heard of such ridiculousness!!

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

83b4cb12, 2010-11-29, 02:44PM CST

I'm looking for a new bank (totally pissed at BofA - God, you should read THEIR complaints!) and it won't be Chase

b520a3a1, 2010-12-10, 01:06AM CST

SCREW CHASE BANK!! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF CLOSING ALL OF MY ACCOUNTS AS I WRITE THIS. THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME FEES FOR MY SO CALLED "FREE FOR EVER" CHECKING I GOT FROM WASHINGTON MUTUAL

AND I WAS TOLD THAT MY NO MIN BALANCE

FREE CHECKING ACCOUNT WAS GRANDFATHERED

IN AND WOULD REMAIN SO. ONLY THE JERKS HAVE CHANGED THERE MINDS ONCE AGAIN. I WAS LAID OFF AND GOING THROUGH SOME LIFE THREATING HEALTH ISSUES AND WAS NOT A BIG TIME CUSTOMER, BUT REVENGE IS SO SWEET NOW I AM COMING INTO A VERY LARGE SUM OF MONEY OVER 15.6 MILLION AND GUESS WERE I WON'T BE DEPOSITING IT ? YOU GUESSED IT CHASE BANK NO MORE BULLSHIT FROM YOUR BANK!!

LOL. JOHN.

890c4869, 2010-12-15, 10:28AM CST

My girlfriend bought a new truck and three weeks later received a call from chase bank. It was a interview (or interrogation) about the auto loan. They ask questions I could not believe, such as why are you in Colorado and who do you live with etc. I'm sure this has to do with the recent "government take over of the banks" anyway she had to return the truck after three weeks because they could not believe a women needed a truck. I use to bank with Washington Mutual and had very little trouble but since chase took over I have had nothing but trouble. Has anyone else noticed that the lower your balance gets that more transactions go into a "pending" state? What a scam!! They are hoping that a charge hits so they can charge you for all in "pending." It should be illegal.

c41733e3, 2011-01-04, 04:00PM CST

BANK CHASE IS CLOSING ALL WAMU ACCOUNTS SPECIALLY, ACCOUNTS THAT HAS LITTLE OR NONE MOVEMENT. THIS IS THE LARGEST DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE POOR PEOPLE I EVER SEEM. THE NEW REQUIREMENT NOW IS TO KEEP UP $1,500.00 IN PERSONAL ACCOUNT, AND FOR BUSINESS UP TO $ 7,500,00 WHO HAS THIS TYPE OF MONEY WITH THE US BAD ECONOMY TO KEEP AN ACCOUNT OPEN WITH CHASE? CLIENTS ARE PISSED OFF TO HAVE THEIR ACCOUNTS CLOSED BY FORCE. CHASE IS BLAMING THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR THE DRASTIC CHANGES.I HOPE THAT CHASE GOES OUT OF BUSINESS VERY SOON.

bb56de13, 2012-05-31, 02:55AM CDT

WELLS FARGO CHARGED ME DOUBLE $35.00 ($70.00 TOTAL) LATE FEES ON BOTH MY BUSINESS AND PERSONAL CREDIT CARDS FOR BEING 1 MINUTE LATE, HAVING HAD AN SSL GLITCH BETWEEN MY INTERNET CONNECTION AND WELLS FARGO'S PAYMENT SERVERS, WHICH TOOK 64 SECONDS TO SEND MY ONLINE PAYMENT, FINALLY POSTING AT EXACTLY 12:01 AM PACIFIC TIME, 1 MINUTE PAST THE DUE DATE.

WELLS FARGO WOULDN'T EVEN BE OPEN FOR ANOTHER 9 HOURS, SO THEY LOST NO MONEY, HOWEVER DECIDED TO SHAFT ME ANYWAY, CLAIMING THE SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY PUNISHES CUSTOMERS, EVEN IF THEY PAY 1 SECOND LATE.

WELLS FARGO BANK IS NOTORIOUSLY VICIOUS WITH ITS CUSTOMERS WHO CARRY MONTHLY DEBT, MINE WAS ONLY $1500.00 WHICH I PAID IN-FULL, HOWEVER LATE BY 1 MINUTE.

NOW, WELLS FARGO REFUSES TO REVERSE THE SILLY 1 MINUTE LATE FEES, WHICH SETS ME BACK BY $70.00 IN NEW DEBT, CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR BY THEM, IN ADDITION TO HURTING MY CREDIT SCORE IN SOME SMALL WAY.

I HAVE SINCE STOPPED BAKING WITH WELLS FARGO (AS OF 3 MONTHS AGO) AFTER REFUSING TO PAY THE $70.00 PUNISHMENT FEE. THE FEE HAS TRIPLED TO $210.00 OF NEW INVENTED DEBT, HAVING RECEIVED ADDITIONAL PENALTY FEES OF $35.00 FOR EACH CARD, FOR EACH MONTH THE INITIAL FEE WAS IGNORED BY ME. WELLS FARGO CLAIMS I CANNOT CLOSE MY ACCOUNTS WITH THEM UNTIL ALL OF MY DEBT IS PAID FOR, EVEN THOUGH ALL OF THE MONEY THEY CLAIM I OWE IS 100% INVENTED FRAUD.

WELLS FARGO COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ANYONE THEY ALLEGEDLY SERVE, SO LONG AS YOU'RE ONE OF THEIR DUMBED-DOWN AND GULLIBLE DEBT-SLAVES, THEY WILL RAPE EVERY LAST PENNY OUT OF YOU, THEN STRIP YOUR DYING CORPSE CLEAN OF YOUR GOLD TEETH FILLINGS AND BRASS BUTTONED BURIAL SUIT.

BANKS OWN THE US POPULATION, THEY HAVE US ALL BY THE BALLS, THE SINGLE MOST EVIL INSTITUTIONS ON EARTH NOW CONTROL ALL GOVERNMENTS, INCLUDING THE GOOD OLE US OF A, LOCK, STOCK & BARREL. YOU ARE NO LONGER FREE, GET USED TO YOUR DEBT ENSLAVEMENT, IT ONLY GETS WORSE FROM HERE.

b9b6790a, 2012-06-27, 06:49PM CDT

Maybe you should try Credit Unions

Irene T., 2014-01-07, 05:12PM CST

December 2, 2013

Chase address

RE:

To whom it my concern

I am writing this letter because of my terrible experience with Chase bank and your employee Adam Lessing.

I am asking for my refund of my appraisal fee and I want to know in detail why my refinancing did not go through.

My name is Irene Trebisovsky and I reside at 106 Knightsbridge Lane, Morganville, NJ 07751.

This is what took place when I applied for a mortgage with Chase.

1. At end of 2012 I decided to sell my house located at 326 Bernard Drive, Morganville NJ 07751 and buy an apartment at an adult community located at Chelsea Square 106 Knightsbridge Lane, Morganville NJ 07751.

2. I paid $20K down payment and was waiting for my apartment to get ready (it had to be ready around July 2013).

3. On March 2013 I put up my house for sale and went to Chase to get information about getting a mortgage for $60,000 (I did not have the full amount to cover everything including renovations). I was introduced to a bank adviser Mr. Adam Lessing at a branch located at 146 Us Hwy 9 Englishtown, NJ 07726, JP Morgan Chase Bank.

4. I was looking for $60-70k but Mr. Lessing advised me that getting over a $100k, would mean paying less interest. I agreed and submitted an application for a mortgage.

5. During next couple of weeks I brought to this Chase Branch all the documents, which they requested in connection with my mortgage application. Mr. Lessing told me " Everything is OK and we are waiting for a closing date with Chelsea Square".

6. In June 2013 I paid to Chase $450 for appraisal of Chelsea Square Apartment located at 106 Knightsbridge Lane and they did the appraisal.

7. In June 2013 I sold my house at 326 Bernard Drive, paid off my mortgage with Bank of America, provided that information to Chase, and was waiting for the closing date on the apartment with Chelsea Square.

8. In July 2013 I got a letter from Chelsea Square with information that closing date could be after July 20. I brought this letter to Mr. Lessing and he said ?Your case is OK, we have all documents; you can schedule your Closing date.? As a result, I scheduled it ford for July 23.

9. On July 15, 2013 (one week before closing), I got numerous requests from Chase for a lot of documents. I called my attorney Mr. Alex Fishbeyn (tel 201-679-2777; fax 908-279-7980) and forwarded to him all requests. He told me that 90% of these documents have to be prepared by Chase and rest of the documents, he will prepare. I tried numerous times to reach Chase, but nobody returned my call and emails.

10. Finally I called Mr. Lessing and he told me that ?Chase has to prepare these documents but unfortunately there is not enought time to prepare and I have to reschedule my closing for 2-3 days.?

11. I visited the association (Chelsea Square) and they rescheduled the closing for July 28, 2013 at 1 PM.

12. On the next day I tried to reach Chase, my attorney also tried to reach Chase, with no result. Nobody returned our calls, messages and emails. I did not know what to do.

13. I visited Chase Branch located in Marlboro, NJ; nobody knew a thing and they suggested to find Mr. Lessing. It was look like I landed on a deferent planet; they told me ?We are local branch and all questions about mortgage are not for us.

14. My attorney told me ?Borrow money from your friends and do not screw up the closing? and also he said ?he never saw such strange behavior from bank's employees.?

I had tremendous stress and had a hard time borrowing money from my friend (2 days before closing) I nearly had a attack and felt like hell .July 28, 2013 I droved my car to builder's attorney office for closing. At 12 PM I started to get a lot of calls from underwriting department of Chase. They asked me to give them my attorney info, told me they want to make wire transfer and they need to give my attorney an instructions and when I asked them why they not call builder (Chelsea Square attorney) I can give them his address and telephone - they told me they did. I came to builder 's attorney office and asked him about calls from Chase - he said nobody called or send SMS or email to him. When my attorney came he told - they called him and tell they want make wire transfer and will call later, But nobody called anymore and we starting closing, I signed all documents, got all copies and original documents. Next day I came to local branch of Chase and they told me MR. Lessing not working at this branch anymore. I left message for Mr. Lessing - I am going to court and I want justice, their (Chase workers) behavior are not except-able. In 10 minutes Mr. Lessing called me and asked not going any were, he told me it was misunderstanding and misleading inside Chase underwriting department and so on, their apologies for loosing 4 month of my time ... and he promise to me in two weeks (because they have all documents) I will get refinance -if I want. And because I had to pay money back with I borrowed from my friends - I agreed. (It was the stupid thing which I did in my life). Twice per week I exchange SMS with Mr. Lessing about status of my refinance, wich document expire,what they need now and so on, email to him or bring all documents personally to him. He told me - you have to be ready for closing any day and it was as usual disinformation. Now it passed nearly 4 month more (8 month altogether) and no results. Every week I am getting letters from Chase - YOU APPROUVED for loan. They sent every times (Every weeks) their letter to 326 Bernard Drive, Morganville NJ 07751, with I sold in June 2013 and has absolutely nothing with Chase refinance , I Told them, Called them, Lived messages to them, Email them - I, Irene Trebisovsky, are living at 106 Knightsbridge Lane, Morganville NJ 07751, but they continue doing exactly the same mistakes, they asking exactly the same documents (statement from my credit cards) with I brought to Chase branch and gave Mr. Lessing personally and for prof of mailing -send by email to underwriting department minimum 5-7 times. Middle of November 2013 I came to branch (MR. Lessing still working there and continue MISLEADING people)and asked what is going on, he said -your documents are good but your community (Chelsea Square) not give them all papers wich they want, (they got all papers) and now they need an income of association but association want $150.00 for this document and Chase does not want to pay and it's real shame and he does not know how long does it take. He wrote me exactly : "Well that's a shame. All we wanted was a budget report showing their income. Offer my sincerest regrets, apologies, and refund your application fee".

I called to 800 - Chase to find out somebody to whom I can complain and when I told representative my SS# he said it's no any application for refinance in system for my name, the system has only application for mortgage started from March 2013 and closing in July 2013 - absolutely NOTHING more.

I came to Marlboro Chase Branch and asked Mr. Lessing why in Good Face Estimate (I got more than 5) Chase include (not asking me) fee for Title Co., Chase fee. why knows with fee else (general around $8000-$10000) but $150 they could not include - what is this? - Astronomic amount of money (more than mortgage) or something else - like personal revenge against me ( I never met these people before). He gave me letter about Chase stop proceeding my case because Chelsea Square not provide them (Chase) with documents. I have a telephone number(from Good Face Estimate) Ms. Gonzales, with she never answer or called back and thou automating system got to customer service and some worker told me - your case close November 15, 2013 ( I was In branch November 26) and they do not have any detail and computer has to generate letter about it but today is December 2, 2013 and I did not get any thing from Chase.

Once again my name is