1800flowers.com

Posted on Wednesday, June 15th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 96404f04

Company: 1800flowers.com

1800flowers.com

Here is a complaint about 1800 flowers.com for you to post. Last Valentines Day I ordered flowers from 1800flowers.com two weeks before the big day. I went with 1800flowers.com for the following reasons. * A promotion where I received air miles

* I assumed that 1800flowers.com would be able to offer a great product at a reasonable price and that delivery would be reliable. I selected a nice bouquet with tulips that I knew would appeal to my wife. The cost was approximately $75 (a bargain for any married man to make his wife happy on V-day). However when Valentines day arrived, I never heard from my wife (typically she would call to say thank-you).

Towards the end of the day I tried to call 1800flowers.com to see when the flowers would be delivered and was told by a recording that the hold time would be a minimum of 3 hours (I did not wait to see if

someone would actually pick up). The next day - still no flowers. Three days later I called 1800flowers.com again and this time I waited 35 minutes to speak with a representative.

The representative started sparring with me by informing me that the package was not delivered to

my wife because FedEx cannot deliver to the address provided (not true). I confirmed that the address provided was correct and I pointed out that I have sent FedEx packages to my wife at that address before. The representative admitted that she has no idea why the package was not delivered. After more dancing in the ring I finally convinced 1800flowers.com to refund my card and cancel the order. (The full story is available at abouttheimage.com/2005/06/small_business_.html) Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_44103#

9f927e83, 2008-01-14, 11:37AM CST

I also had a problem getting them to deliver in a timely manner. I ordered on 1-9-08 for flowers to be delivered on 1-11-08 for my Husband's Birthday (to be delivered at his work). Called them at 10:30 to see if the flowers were on the way- they were on the truck and they knew it was a business and to be there before 5. Called at 2:30-- still not delivered, but "on the truck- should be there in about an hour". Called at 4:30-- still not there. Flowers ended up being delivered after 5 (holding up Close of Business) and they said return flowers for refund- no gaurentee of delivery before 5pm. Spoke with Corporate office-- no satisfaction what-so-ever. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

9f927e83, 2008-01-14, 11:38AM CST

560006ef, 2008-04-03, 12:57PM CDT

I also ordered flowers for my wife while I was away on business. They were to arrive on a Wednesday, but didn't actually show up until I was home by myself on Thursday. Quite a treat to order flowers for your wife and to end up receiving them yourself alone 24 hours too late. I contacted their customer service and all they offered me was gift card for 20% of my order, that way I can give them even more of my money without ever addressing the problem. I would not recommend 1800flowers, simply because if something does go wrong, their customer service is trained to not give you your money back without a fight.