2002 Dodoge Dakota

Posted on Thursday, June 2nd, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by d3859f45

Company: 2002 Dodoge Dakota

2002 Dodoge Dakota

I own a 2002 Dodoge Dakota with currently 45,000 miles. I purchased this truck brand new and it came with a 7 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. On April 24, 2005 at 6:20am, the truck broke down on me on my way to work. I contacted a local repair shop and towed my vehicle there for repairs. I then got a ride to work. As soon as I got to work (within 30 minutes time), I contacted Daimler Chrysler and was told to submit my request in writing and I did on April 26, 2005.

I was never told that the local repair shop was to contact Daimler Chrysler to get

authorization for the repairs. I found out on June 1, 2005 that it was necessary to get the authorization. At this point I could do nothing. In the letter stating their refusal, Daimler Chrysler states that it is an emergency if the vehicle is unusable and warranty repairs cannot be done by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer within a reasonable time.

I feel that since the vehicle was not driveable and the dealership's service dept was not open I took the appropriate action. I wrote to Daimler Chrysler again stating my case and how disappointed I was in their services. I am currently waiting for a response from them.

Cathy homestead, fl 33035 Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_44675#