Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Maker

Posted on Friday, July 29th, 2005 at 12:00am CDT by 30bc92e8

Company: Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Maker

Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Maker

I thought the Grind and Brew Coffee Maker by Cuisinart was a great idea when it was purchased in December of 2001.

In 2003 the grinder part of the maker broke and after sending it back to Cuisinart they gave me a new unit.

Everything was fine until June 2005 when the grinder broke. I pulled out my paperwork on the unit sent to me and saw a note that stated original waranty is from original purchase date of December 2001. I didn't think this was correct. Why wouldn't a company give you a new unit along with a new warranty? I called Customer Service.

The 1st call ended in having to leave a message. My message left a specific time to call (9:00-5:00). A message was left after 5:00. I had left the paperwork at home so I waited until the next day to call.

The 2nd call ended with someone telling me they would bring it up at their next meeting. My point was still why not a new warranty.

The 3rd call ended with someone leaving a message for their supervisor. Never heard from.

The 4th call ended with having to leave a message. My call was returned during the given time frame. The Rep stated that this is how the warranty works. It would be brought up in a meeting to have the grinder retested for defect. They could sell me a new coffer maker at a reduced rate.

1. Why wouldn't the warranty have started with the new unit.

2. Why would I want to purchase another unit when the 2 previous units had the same part go wrong within a 4 year period and the company will not stand behind their product.

I will no longer purchase any Cuisnart products due to the fact that this company doesn't stand behind their products.

Click this link to e-mail the message author: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_46029#